Blacksmithing and Tailoring in 5.2

In some of the Blue tweets I've seen on MMO's front page, it's been said that BS and Tailoring in 5.2 will be able to learn patterns that the BS/Tailor does not currently know when making a Lightning Steel Ingot/Imperial Silk. Two questions:

1. Does anyone know if it's possible to learn unobtainable patterns via this method?
    2. Will there be a similar thing for LW/JC/ENG?

JC? Doubtful. Our big deal is gems, and I don't see epic gems coming just yet. Maybe for 5.4. We only got blue rings this time around, while BS/Tailor/LW all got epic patterns for 2 armor slots.

Engineering is doubtful too, as much of the stuff they make, is usually Eng-req (see: Goggles, most gadgets, etc).

LW should happen too, just likely not in the PTR yet.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

1. Does anyone know if it's possible to learn unobtainable patterns via this method?
    The language indicates it will only help to learn Pandaria patterns.

2. Will there be a similar thing for LW/JC/ENG?
    They added it for LW; making a Magnificent Hide from Scales or Leather can learn you a Pandaria recipe once a day.

JC there doesn't really seem to be a need as the current discovery process is already similar.

Engineering doesn't have enough recipes to make the option worthwhile.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    Does the once a day affect the spell that is already there for LW turning it from whenever you feel like to once a day...

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyx77 View Post
    Does the once a day affect the spell that is already there for LW turning it from whenever you feel like to once a day...
    I don't believe so, but the datamining only showed the new spell, not any changes to the current one. The mat cost is also reduced for the effect (50 now, 20 in the one-a-day).
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    Maybe the spammable is 50 still, and the once a day 20?

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyx77 View Post
    Maybe the spammable is 50 still, and the once a day 20?
    That would be my guess.

---------- Post added 2013-01-30 at 01:34 PM ----------

Here's the actual info from the latest PTR release (currently first post on front page):

Leatherworking

• Magnificence of Leather (New) Create a Magnificent Hide from Exotic Leather once a day. In the process, your knowledge of Pandaren Leatherworking may increase, resulting in the discovery of a new pattern. Shares cooldown with the Magnificence of Scales.
    • Magnificence of Scales (New) Create a Magnificent Hide from Prismatic Scales once a day. In the process, your knowledge of Pandaren Leatherworking may increase, resulting in the discovery of a new pattern. Shares cooldown with the Magnificence of Leather.

In addition, JC gets to make Primal Diamonds (ignore the description, I'm guessing they copy/pasted the Serpent's Heart item and didn't modify it yet) and they added Pandaria's version of the Icy Prism:

Jewelcrafting

Last edited by Kalcheus; 2013-01-30 at 06:35 PM.

I guess I can stop looking for patterns in the AH then. I'm 11 Tailoring patterns away from having them all. Also still looking for 6 Enchanting recipes (no news on that, but I guess all profs going to this direction).

On one side, great, we can finally get them, on the other hand, its a bit of a shame when you collected everything the hard way. MMO's are about collecting, and its now been made very easy. I havent spend lots of money, but I spend some time farming the farmables.

Ah well, I don't really mind. Hopefully Enchanting aswell, and being able to transmog weapon enchants (or making your weap enchant invisible) would be a welcome! (just wishfull thinking).