Quote Originally Posted by Kungfoo View Post
    *if you're an engineer, synapse springs is likely to fall off before all procs have triggered, and will fall off before agony goes below 50% duration, so it may be worth delaying synapse springs, depending on how much uninterrupted dps time you'll have (ie, can you tunnel the boss for the full duration of an extended agony? if so, delay, as 34s of synapse springs is better than 15s of synapse springs).

I personally delay my Synapse Springs and use it in a macro right before my 2nd SB:SW.

Deleted
    I hate to sound like I'm begging but I would really, really appreciate someone having a little look at my logs here. I am desperate to improve performance and really can't work out why I'm not doing better.
    Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    hi guys, I have recently started raiding (casually) again and I'm really struggling to rise above similar geared DPS in my guild. we have Sha and Empress left to clear on normal mode, I would appreciate if someone could check my parses and point me in the right direction; I'm not used to being mid-damage meter and I can't see where my problems are. I'm refreshing DoTs in Pandemic range under trinket and weapon procs, I'm saving Haunts for when I have empowered DoTs up, I don't let them fall off (maybe on Garalon).

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ouserat/simple

here are my HoF logs over the last couple of days:

Vizier: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...ce/?s=30&e=406

Blade Lord: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...yze/dd/source/

Garalon: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2551&e=2945

Wind Lord: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=7004&e=7414

also: on Wind Lord I kept having this INCREDIBLY annoying thing happen. I don't have Soul Swap glyphed, and when I would go to SB:SS to refresh dots on him, it's as if the SoC on the boss would consume the SB. I didn't get the benefit of an actual SB:SoC, it just soulswapped my DoTs off the boss so I would need to SS back onto a nearby mob, or rightclick the buff to remove it.

This isn't about dps, more about reforging and gems...

I had someone finally help me with simcrafting to find my statweights. On a light movement fight (not sure if it changes depending on the fight), iterations 25000,my weights are the following:

INT: 3.96
    SP: 3.27
    HASTE: 2.24
    MASTERY: 1.78
    SPELL HIT: 1.61
    CRIT: 1.3

Plugging it into AMR with my current armory (http://us.battle.net...l/Mummer/simple), it tells me to regem to Haste, and that if I do regem to Haste, my mastery will still be 66% (I'm assuming with raidbuffs?).

My question is, did I put in simcraft right? Are AMR stats (optimized) with raidbuffs? And are my custom weights > the standard AMR builds given to me? Is 66% mastery too low raidbuffed?

I've been told by some raiders in my guild to use reforgelite vs AMR, what's the general consensus?

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys im just curious of what i am doing wrong on multi dot fights i just can't seem to really pull good numbers.
    ht tp:/ /ww w. wo rld of log s.co m/ repo rts /rt- rwu 8j0 gvt ec7 62ba/sum/ da mage Do ne/?s= 6951&e= 7108

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=6951&e=7108

that is my WOL parse for stoneguard. You guys can check over the other fights if you want pretty sure i am doing all the single target stuff correct.

Also my Ilvl is 484.

Sorry i had to make the link funny couldn't post it normally
    Last edited by xskarma; 2013-01-25 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Added link for you

There is a Affliction lock in my main raid team that seems to be underperforming by a substantial amount given his gear. We're pretty much getting ready to tell him he's out if he doesn't improve soon. Here are a couple logs (Wind Lord and Elegon normal kills, I'll post some more single target if necessary)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=6146&e=6527

And his armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...afaucet/simple

I know afflic locks are supposed to be amazing aoe, yet he seems to be really low in aoe situations.
    Last edited by kerumilas; 2013-01-28 at 08:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kerumilas View Post
    There is a Affliction lock in my main raid team that seems to be underperforming by a substantial amount given his gear. We're pretty much getting ready to tell him he's out if he doesn't improve soon. Here are a couple logs (Wind Lord and Elegon normal kills, I'll post some more single target if necessary)

And his armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...afaucet/simple

I know afflic locks are supposed to be amazing aoe, yet he seems to be really low in aoe situations.
    A quick look at his armoury shows me that his gear is actually very good, yet he barely scraped together 100k dps on elegon, which is quite frankly pathetic (he should be pulling 180k+). I'm not the most experienced at deciphering logs, but he is using Archimonde's Vengeance instead of the generally accepted Mannoroth's fury. With MF you can SB:SoC and continue to spam SoC on the boss during p2 for absolutely ridiculous damage. Just have one of the tanks focus his usual charge and let him 'float'. Even if you guys still require him to focus one of his own adds, he still has time to throw out a SB:SoC/SoC which applies corruption to all targets, which not only aids your raid in getting down all charges quicker, but also provides insane Nightfall procs.

Furthermore, if I'm reading this correctly, he only channeled drain soul for a total of 11 (eleven) seconds, which is mind boggling! He should be fully replenishing his soul shards off of the protector's in phase 1, especially during the transition into p2. You can also drain soul the small adds in p3, aswell as the actual boss once he hits 20% in the final phase. Looking through most of you logs where he underperforms on almost every fight by quite a large margin, he seems to have stuck with using AV, when KJC provides so much utility by allowing casting on the move, but this is just a minor detail in what seems to be a train wreck.

Quite frankly I don't know what he's been doing, but he clearly hasn't researched his class/spec whatsoever, and I would look to replace him asap if he doesn't sort himself out, as he's just getting carried by the rest of you.

Hey guys, I was just wondering if it's worth gemming pure haste gems over pure mastery ones to hit the 6637 haste breakpoint.

At this new breakpoint, my mastery stands at approximately 7200.

At the moment, I am unable to reforge my gear to hit the 6637 breakpoint.

Hey everyone - Just wrapped up my first raid since quitting at the end of WotLK. I'm looking for some help here because I think I know what I'm doing, but based on the damage I see being done by individuals just 5 or 6 ilvls higher than me I'm woefully underperforming (I'm also coming in a fair bit under what simcraft is predicting).

WoL Link: worldoflogs. com/reports/p716iv0d5m3p7di0/ (Ignore the Spirit King fight as I died early)
    Armory Link: us.battle. net/wow/en/character/gilneas/Necropotence/simple

Any glaring mistakes? I've compared the log against these fights from other players, and the number of DoT ticks/casts seems appropriate, but I feel I'm missing something glaringly obvious. I came in at around mid 50k dps on all fights (save elegon) but was expecting to be a bit closer to the 70k mark at this ilevel.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Necropotence View Post
    Hey everyone - Just wrapped up my first raid since quitting at the end of WotLK. I'm looking for some help here because I think I know what I'm doing, but based on the damage I see being done by individuals just 5 or 6 ilvls higher than me I'm woefully underperforming (I'm also coming in a fair bit under what simcraft is predicting).

WoL Link: worldoflogs. com/reports/p716iv0d5m3p7di0/ (Ignore the Spirit King fight as I died early)
    Armory Link: us.battle. net/wow/en/character/gilneas/Necropotence/simple

Any glaring mistakes? I've compared the log against these fights from other players, and the number of DoT ticks/casts seems appropriate, but I feel I'm missing something glaringly obvious. I came in at around mid 50k dps on all fights (save elegon) but was expecting to be a bit closer to the 70k mark at this ilevel.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    Looking at your armoury, for starters you can enchant those bracers. The legs are still the 450 PvP legs so I'll let you off there, try running specific heroics for better ones. You're under the hit cap, which up until a month or so ago people deemed ok, but the general consensus has shifted to making sure we're always hit capped as we aren't robots, and won't respond to misses as effectively. You're also hovering at 4515 haste which is right in between two breakpoints, and has caused your mastery to fall quite low. Either push for 4717 for the extra corruption tick or start stacking mastery instead.

Generally, gear-wise you're in the unfortunate position of having accumulated all the gear which favours crit. Your mastery has thus suffered massively. I was pretty diligent about only picking gear with haste/mastery on it, and thus at your ilvl i had the 4717 breakpoint whilst still retaining around 5k mastery. You want to stop picking gear with crit as its hurting your damage.

Looking at your logs, damage is indeed very low. Affliction is tricky for the dogs due to the random target switching, but for feng there seem to be some glaring issues. Firstly your dot uptime on this single target fight is way off. I'm guessing this was due to epicentre. If you know it's coming and won't have barrier up, refresh your dots (especially agony, which appears to have fallen off more than once, and will slash your dps when that occurs). Plan ahead if you need to. You also only cast drain soul for a total of 13 seconds. Did you just forget, or are you having trouble noticing once the boss reaches 20%. Maybe play with your ui somewhat to assure this doesn't happen.

Honestly, I feel like maybe you should go back and watch Evrelia's how-to affliction guide, as there are a few basic how - to's that I think your missing. That, along with trying to shift to more mastery/haste gear over the next few weeks should see you bump up your damage considerably.

Hope this has helped, feel free to post more specific questions if you need.

Edit: Your damage on will is also pretty low. I'm guessing as its your first raid, the mechanics of some fights will have overwhelmed you. Learning them inside out will do more for your dps than a few changes to gear for sure. Having said that, for Will of the Emperor, you want to be maintaining dots on the bosses, whilst SB:SSing every add that spawns, and drain sniping them for full shards. Rinse and Repeat. Also grimoire of supremacy with the fel imp is great for this fight, just stick him on the boss full time and forget about him.
    Last edited by mmoc112615a1c9; 2013-01-30 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Extra info.

Thank you very much LiquidSteel for the quick response.

I should have put in a small disclaimer...I was at 14.97% hit and 4750 haste (unbuffed) at the time of raid. I just realized that my current armory includes a cape I picked up yesterday which has since thrown off my stats. (Although I am indeed rather crit heavy)

That aside, at this stage would it be more beneficial for me to once again try and hit the haste mark, or should I focus more on bringing my mastery up to a level more in line with my haste? I have been searching the armories of high level warlocks, and for now a large majority of them appear to be almost ignoring haste in favor of getting mastery as high as possible, although this might be something that is only done past a certain gear threshold.

I went back and looked at the logs, and I definitely see the low uptime on some of my DoTs (I think UA was at 86% on the feng fight). I'm actually a bit surprised as I don't remember feeling that my dots were dropping off during the fight. I know I was trying to refresh them on the last tick, but I guess I must have slipped a fair bit and just let them fall off. I did also watch Evralia's video prior to the raid, and I know one thing I have a problem with is maximizing malefic grasp uptime with haunt. I'm not sure if this will bump me up by the 10-15k I think I need at this gear level, but I will definitely try it out for next week and hopefully come back with better results.

One last quick q - why Fel Imp on Will of the Emperor? Does his single target on the boss outweight the MG/DS benefit, or does he contribute something else that I'm missing?

Deleted
    Thank you very much LiquidSteel for the quick response.

I should have put in a small disclaimer...I was at 14.97% hit and 4750 haste (unbuffed) at the time of raid. I just realized that my current armory includes a cape I picked up yesterday which has since thrown off my stats. (Although I am indeed rather crit heavy)

That aside, at this stage would it be more beneficial for me to once again try and hit the haste mark, or should I focus more on bringing my mastery up to a level more in line with my haste? I have been searching the armories of high level warlocks, and for now a large majority of them appear to be almost ignoring haste in favor of getting mastery as high as possible, although this might be something that is only done past a certain gear threshold.

I went back and looked at the logs, and I definitely see the low uptime on some of my DoTs (I think UA was at 86% on the feng fight). I'm actually a bit surprised as I don't remember feeling that my dots were dropping off during the fight. I know I was trying to refresh them on the last tick, but I guess I must have slipped a fair bit and just let them fall off. I did also watch Evralia's video prior to the raid, and I know one thing I have a problem with is maximizing malefic grasp uptime with haunt. I'm not sure if this will bump me up by the 10-15k I think I need at this gear level, but I will definitely try it out for next week and hopefully come back with better results.

One last quick q - why Fel Imp on Will of the Emperor? Does his single target on the boss outweight the MG/DS benefit, or does he contribute something else that I'm missing?
    The current haste breakpoints you want to hit are 4717 and 6637, with the latter only feasibly reached once you are at 495+ ilvl or so. You want to be gemming for mastery as much as possible and not for haste, as a result the second breakpoint should just come naturally.

Regarding haunt uptime, this brings me back to my point about having a good UI setup. You need to be tracking your procs, and only cast haunt when you have something like your Darksoul up or Relic of Yu'lon/Lightweave proc, or if you are at 4 shards. I highly recommend Elvui as its pretty much plug in and play, along with a castbar addon such as Quartz so that you can track MG/DS ticks and not clip them too early.

Also you mentioned refreshing dots at the last tick. With our new level 87 talent, 'Pandemic', we can now refresh our dots when they are below half their original duration for no penalty - the remaining time is simply rolled over into the fresh cast. I may have worded this pretty badly as its late, but the basic premise is we no longer need to wait til the last second to refresh.

Finally, the reason I use the fel imp is because with so many adds, your MG uptime will be signicantly lower then a tank and spank simply due to the nature of you having to target switch a lot to SB:SS all the adds which are constantly spawning. I don't have maths to back this up, but sacrifice only benefits your filler spells, of which you will not be casting as much of.

Whilst writing this I did a quick sim of your character, coming out at 77k dps, and with regard to reforging, the biggest change come from reforging into haste ever so slightly (the differences however are only in the range of around 150 dps). Regardless, due to this I would advise you to hit and maintain 4717 haste, as well as making sure you are hit capped, and slowly but surely start collecting gear with a more mastery/haste oriented makeup.

In any case, as you said yourself, this is your first week back from a long break, and thus you are clearly on the road to success by seeking help right off the bat. Spend a little bit more time browsing these forums, as there are gems of information to be found not just in the content of the stickied guides, but also in the discussion which surrounds them. With a bit more suitable gear and a greater understanding of the fights, you should see your dps improve drastically. In the meantime, check out Evrelia's fight specific guides to really understand what you should be doing, and I also advise checking out Sparkuggz from Method's video on the perfect affliction opener, which is what I myself have been using to a great deal of success since first discovering it.

Thanks again Liquidsteel. I did know the workings of pandemic, but I just read a lot of posts where warlocks indicate they wait till the last second to refresh UA and Corruption...maybe this is specifically for when the dots have been supercharged and you want to extend the benefit as long as possible?

I actually ended up getting the LFR tier helm yesterday, which had yet more mastery and crit. After putting it on I actually was no longer able to hit the 4717 haste point, so I just ran a sim and reforged based on the statweights (lots of mastery now and not much haste). I'm actually pulling slightly better dps on target dummies, but not sure how well this translates in a raid environment.

Thanks again Liquidsteel. I did know the workings of pandemic, but I just read a lot of posts where warlocks indicate they wait till the last second to refresh UA and Corruption...maybe this is specifically for when the dots have been supercharged and you want to extend the benefit as long as possible?
    Yup, when you have procs, try to refresh as soon as pandemic allows it. After that try to keep your supercharged DoT as long as possible (and maximise haunt during that time. Easier said than done...)

Deleted
    The main thing you want is an addon to keep track of procs, which leads to more optimal refreshes and better haunt usage.

Don't concern yourself too much with your dps on test dummies however, you end up missing crucial raid buffs, such as the 5% haste which is actually calculated in determining haste breakpoints. I believe the first breakpoint I went for was 4198, which granted me an additional tick of corruption when under Bloodlust/DarkSoul, but around 480ilvl you really want to be hitting 4717 whilst still retaining 5k+ mastery.

For now you'll just have to stick it out, and once some more favourable affliction gear comes your way you should be pulling higher numbers. Make sure to fully research fights beforehand and watch videos so you know what you're doing. A dead dps does no dps.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey Warlock-y people, non-lock raid leader coming in here looking for some advice on what to do with one of our raiders.

I will include his armory, and a couple logs from a few boss kills, but the thing is I have no idea what he's doing wrong, as he is consistently under the 40k dps mark for a lot of fights even though he is about 482ish ilvl. His stats seem to be meeting (or on the right track to meeting) all the different caps/breakpoints/etc., which I think comes down to a rotation issue. His spec seems okay, and gave (at least what seemed to me to be) decent reasons for choosing certain talents outside of what *MOST* players take.

He says he is following the preferred rotation to the best of his ability, but as Warlock is one of the few classes in WoW I know hardly anything about or have played at max level, I don't know how else to help him out. Our guild leaders have gone out of our way to get him quickly geared up - as he switched classes due to hating the previous class he was playing about 3 weeks ago - but at this point all we have done hasn't really helped. We have to shift around our group in various fights to make up for the lack of dps, and we run with 3-4 melee depending on the fight and having a range dps that isn't performing as well as they should/could is really killing us.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Rumors/simple

WoL Will of Emp Kill: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2772&e=3442
    WoL Vizier Kill: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=9438&e=9888

I understand his awareness isn't great, and his reaction time to things may be a little slow at times, but is there something that we're missing out on? I appreciate any help in advance.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Quote Originally Posted by NRL1515 View Post
    Hey Warlock-y people, non-lock raid leader coming in here looking for some advice on what to do with one of our raiders.

I will include his armory, and a couple logs from a few boss kills, but the thing is I have no idea what he's doing wrong, as he is consistently under the 40k dps mark for a lot of fights even though he is about 482ish ilvl. His stats seem to be meeting (or on the right track to meeting) all the different caps/breakpoints/etc., which I think comes down to a rotation issue. His spec seems okay, and gave (at least what seemed to me to be) decent reasons for choosing certain talents outside of what *MOST* players take.

He says he is following the preferred rotation to the best of his ability, but as Warlock is one of the few classes in WoW I know hardly anything about or have played at max level, I don't know how else to help him out. Our guild leaders have gone out of our way to get him quickly geared up - as he switched classes due to hating the previous class he was playing about 3 weeks ago - but at this point all we have done hasn't really helped. We have to shift around our group in various fights to make up for the lack of dps, and we run with 3-4 melee depending on the fight and having a range dps that isn't performing as well as they should/could is really killing us.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Rumors/simple

WoL Will of Emp Kill: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2772&e=3442
    WoL Vizier Kill: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=9438&e=9888

I understand his awareness isn't great, and his reaction time to things may be a little slow at times, but is there something that we're missing out on? I appreciate any help in advance.
    Don't really have time to dig into his logs fully at the moment but a few things that he needs to improve on is:

Will of the Emp-
    - 11 Haunts in an 11 minute fight is pretty bad considering there are at least 3 burn phases during that time and that fight has an unlimited amount of Soul Shards because of Drain Soul
    - Needs to use Drain Soul (279k damage is really bad)
    - There's no reason to use Archimonde's Vengeance on that fight when you are moving so much (Kiting adds that are focused on you, moving to courages, moving to other mobs)
    - http://i.imgur.com/n5SpZJ8.png (DoT Uptime Picture) - considering he has 0 Fel Flames cast and is using AV it means he has no dps going out when he is on the move, on top of that he shouldn't have ~40-60% DoT uptime on most spells. Just to give you an idea of what his DoT uptime should be here is an image from a Heroic 10man Will kill we did about 1-2 months ago (http://i.imgur.com/n5XTCnx.png). This warlocks gear is significantly better then yours but the DoT uptime shouldn't change.

Vizier
    - Your warlocks log: http://i.imgur.com/aKTOurO.png - He didn't cast a single Drain Soul the entire execute phase.
    - http://i.imgur.com/B2b7Ipg.png (A guildie of mine from our last kill [I was destro so I have to use his logs]). Notice the difference in Haunts and Malefic Grasp uptime? If he has not a single Drain Soul cast he should have more then a 36% uptime on Malefic Grasp (and that is rounding up).

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    @NovxSH:

Thank you for the quick reply. The items you pointed out are certainly staggering considering DoT uptime and spell usage, and certainly fills a lot of gaps as to how to help him improve. I don't know the type of UI that he runs with but your post reminded me to tell him about downloading addons to track dots, debuffs, and the like, as that is the type of thing that tends to help him out during fights. I know he won't become a top player overnight due to these suggested changes but we really need his dps to be higher to make things easier on the rest of our team.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

@NRL - If he needs an addon to track DoT's tell him to get Weakauras and he can either make his own or mine are available @ http://pastebin.com/qyNrjsEU (Just need to import them). They are a few months old so they aren't exactly up to date but those track nearly everything he would need to know (Other then Soulshards and Embers since my unitframes handle that)

I've been over this a million times in my head, it's probably a gear issue, but I don't know.

First things first:
    img607.imageshack.us/img607/ 9464/ elegondps.jpg Elegon Recount data
    img837.imageshack.us/img837/ 8048/ willdps.jpg WoTE Recount data
    /us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ blackrock/ Mellifleur/simple

Issue:
    So basically at the start of fights I pop all procs, and empower my dots, then I refresh them as procs fall off to get longer duration empowered dots, throughout the fights I refresh dots for procs and never let them fall off, I haunt whenever I have 3 or more soul shards, and I always make sure I can get full grasps off during my haunts and when DS/Trinkets are off CD/proc again I refresh dots/haunts and MG. During add phases I regen soulshards like I should and never let my dots fall off the boss (Save elegon/tsulong obviously), burn phase I drain soul to 2 shards, then SB:SS/Haunt then drain soul again, if I have nightfall procs during burn phase I dump all shards into extra haunts.

Sorry for the rant...I just don't know what I'm doing wrong, I really hope it's a gear thing. Idk. Any help at all would be appreciated.

I also apologize for the links, can't post links yet.

Deleted
    @NRL1515

He doesn't seem to know that Soulburn:SoulSwap is a thing. Our last Will kill had me do 120k dps in around 491 ilvl. I use Kiljaeden's cunning for this fight due to movement, and have my Fel Imp dps the bosses for the entire fight (thus I'm using Grimoire:Supremacy).

As Novx pointed out, due to the amount of adds dying, soul shards are unlimited on this fight. I maintain corruption and agony on the bosses full time via SB:SS, and make sure to SB:SS every add that spawns. If possible (meaning 90% of the time) I'll toss a haunt out on the add im focusing, whilst always sniping EVERY add which dies with drain soul, giving me another 4 soul shards to refresh the bosses as well as anything new which spawns. You can use Dark Soul when the first strength spawns and it will be up again for the first gas phase, and each one thereafter. He should be maintaining 80k dps throughout the fight. Once 20% hits, he should be maintaining dots on all targets, and draining/haunting the bosses like mad, only stopping to refresh dots on ALL targets and assisting in bringing any adds down that prove problematic.

Honestly this fight is silly as an affliction warlock, I do twice as much damage as the second dps in our group and we have some decent players. He just needs to read up some more on the spec, and I highly advise browsing youtube watchin videos of various kills, to get a real idea of how to play the fights.