Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    On the cast bar there's a framebd.inset and it does it for everything it seems. I just figured out how to change it up, working on it.

DBM is dumb with borders, I'll try to change something to see it it fixes anything. I tried using !dbm but the SetFont really doesn't want to change, although everything else works.

Things at certain heights cause things to make the border 2x, like with the focus-buffs which I actually don't really need to know after you pointed those out.
    Its not just DBM missing borders. The icons below your player frame have 10 sides missing and the small green rectangle on your Qusemap has the bottom missing. (Possible fix for DBM is keeping the scale at 1)

I also would get the double think borders on my Raven buff and debuff borders. It just takes a bunch of fiddling around with size and spacing to find the right setting to not have a single icon with one. (I don't know if this only happens on larger res screens and not on say 1080 but it can get annoying I know)

Also I'm my experience the missing border on a side is from changing the scale to size things instead of just its size value.
    Last edited by bOOURNS; 2013-01-30 at 05:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    Its not just DBM missing borders. The icons below your player frame have 10 sides missing and the small green rectangle on your Qusemap has the bottom missing. (Possible fix for DBM is keeping the scale at 1)

I also would get the double think borders on my Raven buff and debuff borders. It just takes a bunch of fiddling around with size and spacing to find the right setting to not have a single icon with one. (I don't know if this only happens on larger res screens and not on say 1080 but it can get annoying I know)

Also I'm my experience the missing border on a side is from changing the scale to size things instead of just its size value.
    Ahh okay. Well, on DBM with a bunch of fiddling, I got the bars with good borders, but the 1st icon (I got !dbm working and added icons) has a 2px border on top but everything after that is perfect, up to 7 timers at least.

I'm going to get the rest of the things you pointed out and a couple extra things I want to try later.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    My first shot at healer timers for raid frames. Obviously i had to make them a little bigger to make room for them - they are done for every healer but since it's still a WIP i'm posting the druid test here for feedback. imgur is not that good and colots look like they're grayed out, but i made a little legend for explanation.

LF feedback
    Are those indicators for your own heals only?

For me, as a resto druid, I find it vital to see;
    1. Incoming/active heals.
    2. Is there already a Rejuvenation- or Regrowth dot on the target?

Why?
    1. So I dont apply any heals/dots to a target that immediately will get topped of, saving mana.
    2. So I can apply my Swiftmend on their dot, saving mana and a gcd.

1) incoming heals is something i have to do, but it's really simple to activate them in oUF; i'm just keeping them as last step since i want the layout defined. Anyway they will be present for sure in final release (probably with an option to eventually disable the since not everyone likes them).

2) didn't thought of that since i don't play healer anyway since i check from who the spell is cast, it should be easy to make a double check; keep in mind that the swiftmendable icon will appear when you can swiftmend a target independently if the hot is yours or not; just the timers are your heals. Tell me if this is fine (from what you say you are interested in knowing if a target is swiftmendable or not, which is provided).

Disclaimer: i don't have highlvl healers to try every spell so for most of the images i manually inster a number and usually it's not colored.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trilicity View Post
    My ui and im proud of it
    I laughed.

I must say that hp% is way better than missinghp.
    If you're more used to looking at either of the two, it's understandable that you'd favour it.

But thinking more logical here, you get more information out of it by having it show health deficit instead of health percentage.

This is due to the fact that you're technically already getting the percentage information by just looking at the health bar. If it's down to half, you know it's 50%, and so forth.

Good luck with your raid frames. It's an eternal problem of WoW as a healer, because you want as much information on them as possible; but you want to avoid cluttering them.

Deleted
    Tell me if this is fine (from what you say you are interested in knowing if a target is swiftmendable or not, which is provided).
    I actually do prefer to see if its my, or someone else's hot. Maybe it's just me being to anal, but thats how I like it, so I can have 100% control over where my hots are.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been thinking about this idea for a while now, not sure if I'll do it (or if I even can with ElvUI. My lua is crap). Whipped up a small picture in photoshop.

- All text is placeholder.
    - All colors are placeholder.
    - Short buffs placement is placeholder (maybe).
    - Everything is scaled up in the picture, obviously.
    - I might toy around with different borders, 1px black borders are boring me.

Rip it to shreds.

. The Artist also known as Epiphany .

Quote Originally Posted by Bellabella View Post
    I've been thinking about this idea for a while now, not sure if I'll do it (or if I even can with ElvUI. My lua is crap). Whipped up a small picture in photoshop.

- All text is placeholder.
    - All colors are placeholder.
    - Short buffs placement is placeholder (maybe).
    - Everything is scaled up in the picture, obviously.
    - I might toy around with different borders, 1px black borders are boring me.

Rip it to shreds.
    Looks good and 100% can be done in ElvUI with some lua editing. I have my powerbar edited to be 1px around the healthbar when using the "offset". It would not take me long to tweak my edit to match what you want to do. So I can definitely help you achieve this, and can apply the edit so that raid frames also match that same look.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks good and 100% can be done in ElvUI with some lua editing. I have my powerbar edited to be 1px around the healthbar when using the "offset". It would not take me long to tweak my edit to match what you want to do. So I can definitely help you achieve this, and can apply the edit so that raid frames also match that same look.
    Oh I know it can be done, I just wouldn't be able to do it by myself xD And that... would be amazing if you could help!

Also, I tried adding some thicker borders.. and I love it so much more ;-;

Oh I know it can be done, I just wouldn't be able to do it by myself xD And that... would be amazing if you could help!

Also, I tried adding some thicker borders.. and I love it so much more ;-;
    Yeah I use the non PixelMode aka old school Elv borders also. I'll make the tweaks to mine now and post to see if it matches what you want and then PM you how to make the edit step by step.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I use the non PixelMode aka old school Elv borders also. I'll make the tweaks to mine now and post to see if it matches what you want and then PM you how to make the edit step by step.
    Awesome! <3

Awesome! <3
    Reminds me of some uf's I made a while back, I have a suggestion for yours and I will post a pic momentarily.

So, the suggestion is that when you go to create the borders for your health and power bars, connect the borders where they overlap so as to maintain an unbroken border throughout the entire unit frame. This will keep it from looking like its just stuff stacked on top of each other with some things up front and other things in back.

Excited to see where your Ui progress to

<3
    Ish
    Last edited by Ishtara; 2013-01-31 at 03:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    Reminds me of some uf's I made a while back, I have a suggestion for yours and I will post a pic momentarily.

So, the suggestion is that when you go to create the borders for your health and power bars, connect the borders where they overlap so as to maintain an unbroken border throughout the entire unit frame. This will keep it from looking like its just stuff stacked on top of each other with some things up front and other things in back.

Excited to see where your Ui progress to

<3
    Ish
    I do quite like that, looks a lot better! (:

This is making me want to re-remake my Epiphany UI again, too.
    Oh god that was posted two years ago. I like to think that I've grown artistically since then, hah.

Deleted
    http://i.imgur.com/qRmdr5G.jpg

This is the one I'm using at the moment, it's elvUI just changed it a bit.
    Not the best but I like it, has sort of a clean feeling to it in my opinion.

Made some changes concerning borders. I know there's a 2px border on the 3rd column of buffs on the top right. And after a 2nd look, on the right side of the first boss buff.

Other than that, how's it looking? (Latency thingy on cast bar was dumb on that cast, ignore it)

@ Bellabella

Ok i got it mostly sorted, some things refuse to line up and no matter what they end up either having to be 1px too long or short or have 2px border. (castbar and aurabars)
    Also the same issue REALLY happens on the raid frames and finding that right width+height+spacing+location is very very annoying. (would be a lot easier with PixelMode style borders i think)

Ignore the actual unit frame and castbar i use (stuf unit frames and gnosis) upper unit frame and raid frames are ElvUI's.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowt View Post
    If you're more used to looking at either of the two, it's understandable that you'd favour it.

But thinking more logical here, you get more information out of it by having it show health deficit instead of health percentage.

This is due to the fact that you're technically already getting the percentage information by just looking at the health bar. If it's down to half, you know it's 50%, and so forth.

Good luck with your raid frames. It's an eternal problem of WoW as a healer, because you want as much information on them as possible; but you want to avoid cluttering them.
    I'm not used to any of the two since i play mostly dps :P I'm going with HP% just because it occupies less space and lets me keep the unitframes smaller. I recognize that knowing the hp deficit can be useful, but also is knowing the excat % (there are quite a few bosses in which you need to know it).

Atm it's all about choices. And unfortunately i cannot please everyone. Maybe i could add an option to choose the way the text is displayed, it shouldn't be a problem and it's the better solution i can come out.

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 08:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pazilon View Post
    I actually do prefer to see if its my, or someone else's hot. Maybe it's just me being to anal, but thats how I like it, so I can have 100% control over where my hots are.
    Agree with that; i think it's doable but also i think it would make the raidframes more cluttered - in a random enviroment, i assume there are 2 druids healing (thinking about 25man). You will end with nearly every frame covered with all the timers and imho losing focus; completely personal opinion though and i can be totally wrong since i don't play healers.

If you're the only druid healer, you won't see other hots anyway.

I think i'll stick with current design - it's more on the line with the rest of the UI.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2013-01-31 at 07:26 AM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-01-31 at 08:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    @ Bellabella

Ok i got it mostly sorted, some things refuse to line up and no matter what they end up either having to be 1px too long or short or have 2px border. (castbar and aurabars)
    Also the same issue REALLY happens on the raid frames and finding that right width+height+spacing+location is very very annoying. (would be a lot easier with PixelMode style borders i think)

Ignore the actual unit frame and castbar i use (stuf unit frames and gnosis) upper unit frame and raid frames are ElvUI's.

Oh man, that looks amazing! I would probably disable the power bars on the raid frames in my UI (they're not super important for any character I'm playing currently).