Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by wolphe View Post
    Lol, if you start booting people from the raid, after tracking their internet connection, expect to loose alot of members shortly after. People seem to forget that this is still a game, and not some life dependant irl battle. Seriously, if my guild master, of raid leader kicked someone from the raid simply because he didn't think that their connection was good enough tonight, I would /gquit instantly. (Obviously replacing someone that is offline due to connection 90% of the time is something completly different) But using addons etc to controll peoples connection? Hello Mr Dictator.
    He's not saying kick them because they have high ping. He's saying he'd kick them for failing on a mechanic as simple as Interrupting yourself on Amber Shaper and blaming high ping when that isn't the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    He's not saying kick them because they have high ping. He's saying he'd kick them for failing on a mechanic as simple as Interrupting yourself on Amber Shaper and blaming high ping when that isn't the case.
    Even so, IMO kicking someone who has high enough ping that they're screwing up raid wiping mechanics seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    Even so, IMO kicking someone who has high enough ping that they're screwing up raid wiping mechanics seems perfectly reasonable to me.
    Regularly, yes. But everyone gets the occasional bad night of ping or annoying lag spikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Regularly, yes. But everyone gets the occasional bad night of ping or annoying lag spikes.
    Yes, so they get sat for the night, I don't see the big deal with that.

Although I have superb internet with a moderate to high end gaming rig, I even exhibit issues once in a blue moon when my region is having outages for instance. However the difference between me and some of my current players is that I will make everyone aware that I am having issues, usually at least an hour before raid time unless it is something that happens mid raid, and I will either cancel the raid or find a reasonable replacement for myself. I will not try to play with over 500ms latency, miss easy mechanics, and drag down the raid with me. I have however witnessed players who will. Or as other posters have stated I have seen players who claim that their inability to press the one or two button in a timely maner was in some way related to latency. As with mods such as DBM which you can check to make sure everyone in the raid is not only running it but has the most updated version I am simply looking for a way to monitor latency by people in the group to be able to diagnose and respond to any of these issues.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

As previously stated. There does not exist a solution for this in-game currently, and if it were it could easily be faked. Fire up 10/25 command prompts on a seperate monitor, get your raiders hostname/IP and run an individual ping -T on each of them.