Thread: Dating Help! :O

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dating Help! :O

I'm a softmore in high school and have never really been with a girl. I met this amazing girl and I've known her for about six months now. I started like-likeing her about three months ago. We talk almost every day as we have some classes together. Eventually we exchanged numbers as well and we text a lot, sometimes late into the night too. I seriously like her, we have tons of things in common like video games, music taste, etc. I really want to ask her out soon but in the past she told me she's not really the "dating" type, so I don't know if I should ask her on an actual date or just tell her I like her. Oh, but there's more. There is another guy who likes her. She asked him to a dance because she didn't want to go alone with her friends. She doesn't really like him that way though, what do I do?!?! I am crazy about her and can't stop thinking about her, and whenever I think about her I get this feeling in my chest that I love. I really am stuck. How and when should I tell her that I have feelings for her, and what should I do because of this other guy?!?! Thanks a ton for helping me I really appreciate it!
    "Three Apples changed the World, 1st one seduced Eve, 2nd fell on Newton, and the 3rd was offered to the World half bitten by Steve Jobs."

Quote Originally Posted by Championn View Post
    I'm a softmore in high school and have never really been with a girl. I met this amazing girl and I've known her for about six months now. I started like-likeing her about three months ago. We talk almost every day as we have some classes together. Eventually we exchanged numbers as well and we text a lot, sometimes late into the night too. I seriously like her, we have tons of things in common like video games, music taste, etc. I really want to ask her out soon but in the past she told me she's not really the "dating" type, so I don't know if I should ask her on an actual date or just tell her I like her. Oh, but there's more. There is another guy who likes her. She asked him to a dance because she didn't want to go alone with her friends. She doesn't really like him that way though, what do I do?!?! I am crazy about her and can't stop thinking about her, and whenever I think about her I get this feeling in my chest that I love. I really am stuck. How and when should I tell her that I have feelings for her, and what should I do because of this other guy?!?! Thanks a ton for helping me I really appreciate it!
    How do you know this? Sounds like she has feelings for him instead if she asked him to the dance over you.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have bad one-itus. Sorry but you have already been friend zoned.

10+ Year Old Account
    My avatar D:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Just tell her. Be straight up "Hey, I like you. I know you said you're not the dating type, but I'd like something more than friendship between us." Being straight up is always the best policy in this situation.

Tell her you like her now before it's to late.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lie to her and say there is this other girl that ask you out and ask for her advice. Look at her mannerisms and then get back to us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell her about it. Best case scenario she feels the same way. Worst case scenario, she doesn't and rejects you utterly, which speeds you on your way to being over her and thinking about other girls. And you're really young and there will be LOTS of other girls.

I guess the third scenario is that she doesn't feel the same way, but doesn't let the fact that you feel that way bother her, and you stay friends. If this happens, you MUST get over her. If you can do that and actually stop feeling romantically for her, great, but if not, break contact. You're screwing yourself over if you keep mooning over her for a long period of time when she doesn't feel the same way.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    How do you know this? Sounds like she has feelings for him instead if she asked him to the dance over you.
    She told me one time.
    "Three Apples changed the World, 1st one seduced Eve, 2nd fell on Newton, and the 3rd was offered to the World half bitten by Steve Jobs."

Deleted
    You should just be straight forward in a non pushy creepy way ofcourse. But yeah as you 2 already seem to be friends time to take the next step!

She told me one time.
    Then just ask her if she wants to go bowling or something over the weekend. Don't go to the movies, there's no interaction there.

Just ask her, if it doesn't work it doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Lie to her and say there is this other girl that ask you out and ask for her advice. Look at her mannerisms and then get back to us.
    What should I look for mannerisms-wise?

Deleted
    I really want to ask her out soon but in the past she told me she's not really the "dating" type
    Welcome to friend zone, bro.
    But seriously, tell her, if she doesn't like you, just forget about her and move on.

Deleted
    That feeling, is you probably being horny :P

No point being all soppy about it. I have a feeling that if she was planning to make a move she would have by now.
    Do you talk to her girl friends? They would know who she likes.
    She probably digs that guy she asked to dance with. Do not ruin a friendship by getting all creepy and needy and weird texts.
    Play it cool.

Oh and really enjoy these times! I wish I could go back to before my first time, wish I wasnt as successful as I was at getting to the goal, that teenage struggle sounds like it could have been fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Tell her you like her now before it's to late.
    This.

I've waited too damn long before, and lost my chance.

So what if she doesn't like this other guy now, who's to say she won't eventually fall for him?

She likes you, and you like her. Is there a smidgen of love on her end? Who knows, but there's only one way to find out.

In conclusion, don't be a fool. It's easy to panic, to think of the worst case scenario and play it over and over again in your head... but if you really do like her, isn't it worth it to know that she likes you? And even if she doesn't, you know. Trust me, knowing someone doesn't like you may hurt, but in the long run it's better than never knowing... that's something you never really move on from.

10+ Year Old Account
    What should I look for mannerisms-wise?
    Well i don't know the type of girl, but generally see if she is at all jealous. Does she ask a lot of questions about it, does her nose flair up, what does her body language tell you? It is kinda extra sensory imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Desparatus View Post
    This.

I've waited too damn long before, and lost my chance.

So what if she doesn't like this other guy now, who's to say she won't eventually fall for him?

She likes you, and you like her. Is there a smidgen of love on her end? Who knows, but there's only one way to find out.

In conclusion, don't be a fool. It's easy to panic, to think of the worst case scenario and play it over and over again in your head... but if you really do like her, isn't it worth it to know that she likes you? And even if she doesn't, you know. Trust me, knowing someone doesn't like you may hurt, but in the long run it's better than never knowing... that's something you never really move on from.
    Heh, yeah, it sucks to find out at your ten year reunion that some currently married girl who you had a crush on in high school also had a crush on you.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

didn't read the thread, nor any of the responses. the answer is:

TALK TO HIM/HER!

that's ALWAYS the answer. stop being a pansy and just talk to the other person.

Deleted
    Be more direct.