Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    diablo 3 much? wow doesn't need something like this because its not a game that needs grind, since the best loot isnt from killing random mobs as fast as possible like diablo 3 when farming rares/legendaries etc, the best loot in wow is raids which isn't a grind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    I'll give you that; and when I rolled rogue was when I first started playing and knew nothing about the game.
    Yeah I see, well, that is why I rolled druid instead of hunter I knew the flexibility of the druid from WC3. I wanted to roll nelf too (given it was my fav in WC3). Also, the login screen described the druid able to perform all 3 roles.

Regardless, wanting new options shouldn't be a bad thing; especially when it doesn't stop the fun somebody else is having. Just because I want to use an option to tank doesn't mean my opinion is worth any less than the guy who doesn't.
    By default I agree although I do find my opinion against grinds quite important there is one exception: class balance. Its more important than the opinion of a random person, and it is also a daunting and advanced task.

Yes, theorycrafters will do what they can to math out the best possible option. The goal of this idea, like the new talent trees, is to provide something of an alternative without adding direct power. The purpose? To add a means of generating characters like the multitudes of those players have been asking for and speculating about since before BC.
    It is impossible to add something which is an alternative without it adding direct power. It must be competitive to be a worthy alternative (else you get stuff like current shaman and warlock tanking, or current shadow/retri/boomkin healing).

So, since it affects performance we must have this balanced, and that's where I start to dislike your idea. SWTOR, for example, had racials which were completely cosmetic and that's fine but your suggestion isn't cosmetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    The idea is quite interesting, but from balance point of view this would be a complete disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    diablo 3 much? wow doesn't need something like this because its not a game that needs grind, since the best loot isnt from killing random mobs as fast as possible like diablo 3 when farming rares/legendaries etc, the best loot in wow is raids which isn't a grind.
    ....dafuq?

Raids are most definitely a grind, unless you are ridiculously lucky and get all your drops in the first week or two. They might not be as tedious as dailies, but its still a form of grinding.

Having said that, yeah I don't believe WoW needs a system like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vargas View Post
    ....dafuq?

Raids are most definitely a grind, unless you are ridiculously lucky and get all your drops in the first week or two. They might not be as tedious as dailies, but its still a form of grinding.

Having said that, yeah i don't believe wow needs a system like that.
    Yes I'm flabbergasted how people can't find raids grindy. From getting your tier item, to getting the rare drop you need, to BiS, and getting the mount, and onward ...

Paragon level specialization

tier level paragon
    t1 l20
    t2 l40
    t3 l60
    t4 l70, p1
    t5 l80, p2
    t6 l85, p3
    t7 l90, p4
    t8 l95, p5

(MMOC just de-caps-ed all my capitals here above, nice!)