10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't really bother me either way. Yeah I'd prefer no load times, but oh well. I'm still going to play it as will 99% of the people complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    It doesn't really bother me either way. Yeah I'd prefer no load times, but oh well. I'm still going to play it as will 99% of the people complaining.
    Oh no, there's no doubt I'll play it. The question though is, will I stick with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Oh no, there's no doubt I'll play it. The question though is, will I stick with it?
    I honestly haven't stuck to one game for more than 3 months since I quit WoW 3 years ago. But, I've always fallen back to The Elder Scrolls. It's been a family favorite since Morrowind first dropped, so being able to play with my brothers is probably going to keep me around for quite some time.

i hope elder scrolls is released soon. i hate wow and the majority of the people that play it.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    You know fans are becoming fanatics when they start to defend loading times between zones...
    Nothing wrong with load times between zones. A majority of games have load times (screen goes black or insert generic pic with tip here), and i dont hear complaints. We are fanatics we are just used to it. Even WoW has load times. I dont see what the problem is.

10+ Year Old Account
    You hunter never runs out of ammo. You magically create poisons and blinding powder out of nothing.

You stick pets, massive mounts, huge shipments of ore, herbs, fish in the small mailbox.

You can be a talking cow, a gnome, an elf for one faction that can't even communicate with elves of the other faction. In the cut-scenes, orcs and humans can communicate together, but you can't talk to each other in the game world.

You're all human-like in form, but just because you're different class, can't hold some other class' items in your hand.

You live in a world where there are not enough homes for everyone, not even counting all the inns.

You use flight points when you already have flying mounts. Why even have them any more? Zeppelin I can understand. Boat, I can understand. Oh, wait - when using the boat, a load screen appears... there goes the immersion, I guess!

And yet, in spite of being on a another continent, you can still /w anyone in the game at any time?

You can fly on a cloud, on a dragon, on a headless man's flying horse, on a love rocket.

You can have a space marine as a pet, or some mini world-boss.

You kill a mob and five minutes later it respawns?

You kill a boss in a raid... and he's back there again the following week.

With all these contradictions, you complain about immersion? Seems like a cop-out to me. Why do people run down things they have never even tried?

Either something is obsessively realistic or it is a compromise to enhance the game experience. I go with the latter.

Your imagination is a big contributor to how deeply you get immersed in a game, how much you enjoy it.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2013-01-31 at 04:59 AM.

First MMO since wow that I've actually been interested on. Morrowind was awesome back in the day. Looking forward to the start
    Of beta.. Hopefully no NDA and hopefully I get picked to be apart of the beta. This hopefully will be an MMO that sticks unlike the others that have tried, this one looks pretty good. WTB more info. With a release scheduled for 2013 they sure are behind on media updates...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    You hunter never runs out of ammo. You magically create poisons and blinding powder out of nothing.

You stick pets, massive mounts, huge shipments of ore, herbs, fish in the small mailbox.

You can be a talking cow, a gnome, an elf for one faction that can't even communicate with elves of the other faction. In the cut-scenes, orcs and humans can communicate together, but you can't talk to each other in the game world.

You're all human-like in form, but just because you're different class, can't hold some other class' items in your hand.

You live in a world where there are not enough homes for everyone, not even counting all the inns.

You use flight points when you already have flying mounts. Why even have them any more? Zeppelin I can understand. Boat, I can understand. Oh, wait - when using the boat, a load screen appears... there goes the immersion, I guess!

And yet, in spite of being on a another continent, you can still /w anyone in the game at any time?

You can fly on a cloud, on a dragon, on a headless man's flying horse, on a love rocket.

You can have a space marine as a pet, or some mini world-boss.

You kill a mob and five minutes later it respawns?

You kill a boss in a raid... and he's back there again the following week.

With all these contradictions, you complain about immersion? Seems like a cop-out to me. Why do people run down things they have never even tried?

Either something is obsessively realistic or it is a compromise to enhance the game experience. I go with the latter.

Your imagination is a big contributor to how deeply you get immersed in a game, how much you enjoy it.
    Don't forget some people wear full plate armor and run around an entire continent doing battle with giant animals and they never suffer from over-heating.

Don't forget some people wear full plate armor and run around an entire continent doing battle with giant animals and they never suffer from over-heating.
    Heh, here is a rant in an article from massively about these types of things

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/01...ly-ridiculous/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbrawler View Post
    i hope elder scrolls is released soon. i hate wow and the majority of the people that play it.
    Than I hate to say it, You will hate ESO as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Punks View Post
    Than I hate to say it, You will hate ESO as well.

I'm glad this guy knows how exactly how the game is going to be already. Your name must be Marty McFly.

Quote Originally Posted by shamestia View Post
    I'm glad this guy knows how exactly how the game is going to be already. Your name must be Marty McFly.
    i think he is saying that ppl that play WoW are gonna play this game too.

I honestly haven't stuck to one game for more than 3 months since I quit WoW 3 years ago. But, I've always fallen back to The Elder Scrolls. It's been a family favorite since Morrowind first dropped, so being able to play with my brothers is probably going to keep me around for quite some time.
    Same for me with Skyrim. I think I pick up the game every month or so and add at least another 100+ hours before I put it down again. I never played Morrowind but enjoyed Oblivion. I can't get back into Oblivion for some reason though since I have Skyrim.

But on the topic of ESO: I think the biggest issue right now is that Zenimax (and Bethesda) are attempting an intricate balance between having the game be Elder Scrolls and having the game be an MMO. The two formulas honestly don't seem to click all that well together. But neither did Warcraft and MMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Part of it is that they seem to be looking at WoW as the template (and DAOC). There are other ways to make an mmo such as SWG, Ultima Online, EVE Online (a stretch to model for a fantasy mmo). Those are sandbox titles that have shown that it can work. Why almost every mmo trys to emulate the wow/everquest model is a bit frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Part of it is that they seem to be looking at WoW as the template (and DAOC). There are other ways to make an mmo such as SWG, Ultima Online, EVE Online (a stretch to model for a fantasy mmo). Those are sandbox titles that have shown that it can work. Why almost every mmo trys to emulate the wow/everquest model is a bit frustrating.
    Because it obviously works. 10 million people still playing a game released almost 10 years ago. I think that's why. If blizzard were to release another MMO under the stamp of wow's basic structure with modern graphics and a competent different ip you don't think that number can go up 50-100%?

The problem is no one has done it right yet. Swotr/rift/aion all did it wrong. Maybe TESO can get I right, if they do they have a chance of fighting a long side with wow and keep a couple million people playing. I for one haven't been interested in any MMO since wow, and this is the first that actually looks decent. Hoping to be involved in beta and to receive a lot more information on the game. Hopefully they can do this right, if not then were waiting for "Titan."

Because it obviously works. 10 million people still playing a game released almost 10 years ago. I think that's why. If blizzard were to release another MMO under the stamp of wow's basic structure with modern graphics and a competent different ip you don't think that number can go up 50-100%?

The problem is no one has done it right yet. Swotr/rift/aion all did it wrong. Maybe TESO can get I right, if they do they have a chance of fighting a long side with wow and keep a couple million people playing. I for one haven't been interested in any MMO since wow, and this is the first that actually looks decent. Hoping to be involved in beta and to receive a lot more information on the game. Hopefully they can do this right, if not then were waiting for "Titan."
    It works for WoW.

It hasn't obviously worked for everyone else.

To the first part, it hasn't worked nearly as well for anyone other than Blizzard. Nobody has come close to their level of success and SWTOR failed to meet expectations in a pretty spectacular way.

As to the second, I'd be extremely surprised, especially if it were a subscription based game. WoW hit its peak in LK with 12 million, and much of the MMO market is now accounted for. WoW caused an explosion in growth, but it's trailed off as the current market seems to be reaching saturation point. Unless someone can find a way change things up pretty dramatically and pull in a new audience (difficult given the nature of PC gaming and the fact that a good chunk of WoW's audience comes from people with mid/low end machines that would struggle to run games currently released), we're not going to see any significant expansions in the PC MMO space IMO. It will primarily be a shifting of the existing playerbase as they move games or add another game to their list.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    To the first part, it hasn't worked nearly as well for anyone other than Blizzard. Nobody has come close to their level of success and SWTOR failed to meet expectations in a pretty spectacular way.

As to the second, I'd be extremely surprised, especially if it were a subscription based game. WoW hit its peak in LK with 12 million, and much of the MMO market is now accounted for. WoW caused an explosion in growth, but it's trailed off as the current market seems to be reaching saturation point. Unless someone can find a way change things up pretty dramatically and pull in a new audience (difficult given the nature of PC gaming and the fact that a good chunk of WoW's audience comes from people with mid/low end machines that would struggle to run games currently released), we're not going to see any significant expansions in the PC MMO space IMO. It will primarily be a shifting of the existing playerbase as they move games or add another game to their list.

Well said. I agree to this as well. Hopefully zenimax can pull off something remotely close to blizzards success with TESO.

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 02:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    It works for WoW.

It hasn't obviously worked for everyone else.
    Well you're right, I should have specified. It only takes the correct bunch of guys to pull it off. Maybe zenimax can pull it off.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just hope they don't go forward with not letting factions entering other factions area's. It doesn't really add that sense of 'danger' or Wpvp for that matter.
    Last edited by Crackleslap; 2013-01-31 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crackleslap View Post
    I just hope they don't go forward with not letting factions entering other factions area's. It doesn't really add that sense of 'danger' or Wpvp for that matter.
    I agree that's a bit lame from an MMO standpoint. I could see starter areas being faction locked... But not entire zones.