10+ Year Old Account
    Greeney, that's not how the game works.
    We delay out the day as long as we can to see people post mistakes.
    I agree with Worgen, the days running 4-5 real life days are a strain. Sure it gives us more time to post, but hell, everyone is losing focus and getting bored.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    I agree with Worgen, the days running 4-5 real life days are a strain. Sure it gives us more time to post, but hell, everyone is losing focus and getting bored.
    Personally I think 3 days is a nice number to give time to... fail at their fake.

However I have to give props to such a well themed game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    When half the game is scum actively attempting to lynch a townie and the other half is town actively trying to lynch a scum it gets harder
    What's worse is when townies nearly get themselves lynched by voting wildly with no reason and refusing to state their reasoning or explain why they can't explain. What's even more annoying are insults and calling people scum for voting on people who seem scummy.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    When half the game is scum actively attempting to lynch a townie and the other half is town actively trying to lynch a scum it gets harder
    You're not thinking clearly through the situation before posting. For example, you missed the part where scum in different groups really don't generally care if they lynch a town or a scum not inside their own group. I stand by my previous statement; I'm certain that there is enough activity to lynch a player within 24 hours if enough players agreed. If day is lasting this long, it's only because enough of the living player base actively decides to keep discussion going to gather more information, and come to the most reasonable lynch target possible, rather than going with an impatient lynch to end the day ASAP.

TL;DR: If you really want day to end within 48 hours, feel free to persuade enough players that there's a benefit to lynching someone within 48 hours. There's nothing I would do to extend the day at that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    You're not thinking clearly through the situation before posting. For example, you missed the part where scum in different groups really don't generally care if they lynch a town or a scum not inside their own group. I stand by my previous statement; I'm certain that there is enough activity to lynch a player within 24 hours if enough players agreed. If day is lasting this long, it's only because enough of the living player base actively decides to keep discussion going to gather more information, and come to the most reasonable lynch target possible, rather than going with an impatient lynch to end the day ASAP.

TL;DR: If you really want day to end within 48 hours, feel free to persuade enough players that there's a benefit to lynching someone within 48 hours. There's nothing I would do to extend the day at that point.
    not possible on these forums. 90% of the time people will something about having x amount of days left and not vote. The other 10% is either b/c of a swift power move by scum or a person who is basically confirmed to be scum due to previous day stuff.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    not possible on these forums. 90% of the time people will something about having x amount of days left and not vote. The other 10% is either b/c of a swift power move by scum or a person who is basically confirmed to be scum due to previous day stuff.
    Then I'm not really certain why anyone would expect the game mod to make the days shorter for a handful of people when 90% seem to want to have more time to discuss; I'm not going to change it just because the other 10% is being louder about wanting days to end sooner.

Day will decrease to 3 at some point between 10-15 players still alive. However, for the amount of players alive, I feel 4 days is the right length of time to allow enough of a discussion for people across the globe to have a fair chance to defend themselves if necessary and to come to a logical decision on which player to lynch.

Deleted
    I have to agree with Greeney here. More game time = better discussion.

If you want a quick lynch come out and say "Im a cop X is guilty" and if you dont get a quick lynch, then go after the people who dragged their feet :P

It is possible to persuade the majority to lynch if your argument is well reasoned and you have evidence to back it up. If you cant do that then maybe you need to re-think your arguments.

However I do not like people lurking and I remember trying to restrict it in my games by enforcing certain rules eg "You must post 3 times a day or lose your powers" or something along those lines. It was met with mixed reaction and I haven't been here long enough to know if it would work here or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Then I'm not really certain why anyone would expect the game mod to make the days shorter for a handful of people when 90% seem to want to have more time to discuss; I'm not going to change it just because the other 10% is being louder about wanting days to end sooner.

Day will decrease to 3 at some point between 10-15 players still alive. However, for the amount of players alive, I feel 4 days is the right length of time to allow enough of a discussion for people across the globe to have a fair chance to defend themselves if necessary and to come to a logical decision on which player to lynch.
    the thing is, only a handful of that 90% will actually discuss. The rest will post either rarely or not at all

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    What's worse is when townies nearly get themselves lynched by voting wildly with no reason and refusing to state their reasoning or explain why they can't explain. What's even more annoying are insults and calling people scum for voting on people who seem scummy.
    Insults are part of them game, however you have to be aware that its a game, and not to take it personally. If someone is blaming you can post evidence on why you are not, or insult that person like (( hey look XX thought 77 was scum but hes not, why are we listining to him?)) So yeah insults are part of the game, Can't let them get to you or it will be no fun.

Edit: the way its looking is that everyone who wants to will get a chance to mod. I personally I'm like a slithy shorter day 2-3 but greeny's is also good too.
    Last edited by Blood Fox; 2013-01-31 at 02:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I take personal insult to insults that are personal, especially if they add no content or relevance to anything.

I don't consider your example of an insult as an insult, because that's not an insult.
    Last edited by Decagon; 2013-01-31 at 02:23 AM.

Something.

you're a terrible player! you suck!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    I'm aware of how the game works.

However, let's look at the previous day. There were plenty of votes on both Worgenite and Faraway before the day ended, where it would only take a few players to change their vote and end the day immediately. If some people want the game to go significantly faster but far more people rather delay the game as long as possible to see if anyone makes a mistake, and if activity was pretty high, then I can't see how "everyone is bored."

To me boring is when you just don't give a rat's ass and rather get rid of people just to end the game or go inactive, not when everyone in the game votes to lynch and almost everyone still alive seems to be interested in meeting their win condition.

Additionally, can someone please post to bring the thread back to P1?
    Last edited by Greeney; 2013-01-31 at 03:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethon View Post
    you're a terrible player! you suck!
    If that was serious, that's the type of insults I consider insults.

I bumpededed.
    Last edited by Decagon; 2013-01-31 at 03:26 AM.

Something.

Quote Originally Posted by celtic209 View Post
    I have to agree with Greeney here. More game time = better discussion.

If you want a quick lynch come out and say "Im a cop X is guilty" and if you dont get a quick lynch, then go after the people who dragged their feet :P
    Wouldn't work, 40% of the players would vote on that person for trying to push a lynch without enough evidence and 20% wouldn't vote at all or would throw their vote away.

If that was serious, that's the type of insults I consider insults.

I bumpededed.
    Nah I was kidding <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah I was kidding <3
    I know.

Something.

I'm personally enjoying the game

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm personally enjoying the game
    Meh, I'm not. I like the setup and everything, but everyone keeps calling me horrible at it, so the only reason I'm still playing is because it would be worse if I just quit now.

Something.

Meh, I'm not. I like the setup and everything, but everyone keeps calling me horrible at it, so the only reason I'm still playing is because it would be worse if I just quit now.
    Like I said its part of the game. fight back.. with fire! muwhahahha