Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post

The combat and actual gameplay is far and away better than anything in prior DMC games too. The angel/devil modes are a stroke of genius.
    Wut? Please tell me you're joking. The only thing that's "better" about DmC's combat is that it's more accessible for people that aren't veterans of the series.

The new Dante really bothered me at first, but I went ahead and have the demo a try, and I can honestly say, I will most likely but this as soon as I'm done with Ni no Kuni. I'm not trying to have to brand new games to play through and have one sit there, and end up with a price drop when I could have waited.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Which is why it's fucking hilarious.

Capcom does some stupid shit, but this bitch storm over changing Dante's hair has got to be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen on the internet.
    Well, it's not just the hair. All in all, he looks awful, from when they first released the new Dante look to what he is now. Half the time, I'm expecting to see a scene with him sitting a corner, eyes as dead as a victorian doll, a needle plunged into his arm like a flag, and that nameless bitch kicking him shouting, "Get up! We've got munsters to kill!"

And them making fun of the fact that they changed it would only work if they actually made a competent game. If it were say, one of the best DMC games (or at least a grand addition to the series that fans love despite the change in look) then they would have earned the right to poke fun at the change every now and then. As it is now, no, they really don't have the right.

And it's not like it's the first time people have flipped out over a character's appearance change. I remember when InFamous 2 was first being shown, they gave Cole hair, and didn't people lose it when they saw Max Payne looking old and busted while being as hairless as a baby's ass?
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonas View Post
    Well, it's not just the hair. All in all, he looks awful, from when they first released the new Dante look to what he is now. Half the time, I'm expecting to see a scene with him sitting a corner, eyes as dead as a victorian doll, a needle plunged into his arm like a flag, and that nameless bitch kicking him shouting, "Get up! We've got munsters to kill!"
    I understand that apparently adding some bruises to his face in some promotional material translated to many ''fans'' writing the character off as a drug addict because GOD FORBID a character in an action game get visibly wounded.

And of course ''fans'' who think Capcom has wronged them horribly because of such a minor thing would take anything short of sacking all those responsible as a grave insult. Meanwhile everyone else is sitting back and laughing.

Oh, and as long as this franchise includes the shit stain on gaming that is DMC2, the new game would have to be unplayable to bring it down.
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2013-01-29 at 06:31 PM.

Oh, and as long as this franchise includes the shit stain on gaming that is DMC2, the new game would have to be unplayable to bring it down.
    Adding another shit stain isn't going to help either.

Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    Adding another shit stain isn't going to help either.
    That's the thing - DmC isn't that bad. I'd say it's the third best game in the series as a whole:

1. DMC 3
    2. DMC 4
    3. DmC
    4. DMC 1
    99. DMC 2

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    That's the thing - DmC isn't that bad. I'd say it's the third best game in the series as a whole:

1. DMC 3
    2. DMC 4
    3. DmC
    4. DMC 1
    99. DMC 2
    If you can call it a part of the series though. Tameem pretty much shat on everything and made a separate game using names from dmc series.

If you can call it a part of the series though. Tameem pretty much shat on everything and made a separate game using names from dmc series.
    Considering the series consists of:

1. A hardcore game that appeals only to the hardcore crowd.
    2. A much less hardcore game that appealed to a broader audience and angered core fans.
    3. Resident Evil with melee combat.
    4. A turd.

I'm not sure what separates DmC so much from the rest.

It's almost like it's a reboot or something crazy like that!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've literally just finished it. After all the whinging I read about his hair colour the silver version of his new hair just looked odd to me.

I've thoroughly enjoyed it, the last time I played a DMC game properly though was 3.

The combat is more simple and a little irritating sometimes but I always found DMC irritating at times, the dialogue was good. I can't remember if there was so much swearing in previous entries but considering the premise of the game it was appropriate

The only thing that I was kind "eh" about was the length

-----------------------------------------

Edit: I'm still trying to figure out who Dante's new design reminds me of. Since Ninja Theory is a British company and the Union Jack being on his coat i'm tempted to say a punk-rock star but I can't quite think of one
    Last edited by Alraml; 2013-01-31 at 04:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    I've literally just finished it. After all the whinging I read about his hair colour the silver version of his new hair just looked odd to me.

I've thoroughly enjoyed it, the last time I played a DMC game properly though was 3.

The combat is more simple and a little irritating sometimes but I always found DMC irritating at times, the dialogue was good. I can't remember if there was so much swearing in previous entries but considering the premise of the game it was appropriate

The only thing that I was kind "eh" about was the length

-----------------------------------------

Edit: I'm still trying to figure out who Dante's new design reminds me of. Since Ninja Theory is a British company and the Union Jack being on his coat i'm tempted to say a punk-rock star but I can't quite think of one
    Well, he looks like the lead game designer, Tameem Antoniades. And he's mentioned in a few interviews that he was part of a London punk group back in the 80s, so maybe you're thinking of him lol?

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand that apparently adding some bruises to his face in some promotional material translated to many ''fans'' writing the character off as a drug addict because GOD FORBID a character in an action game get visibly wounded.
    Are you kidding me son?

And of course ''fans'' who think Capcom has wronged them horribly because of such a minor thing would take anything short of sacking all those responsible as a grave insult.
    I, myself, have only been affected by it slightly, but Capcom has a long running reputation of wronging horribly fans of their franchises.

This thread is painful to read, honestly...
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    This thread is painful to read, honestly...
    I may be missing something, but I don't see a piece of promotional artwork being compared to a laughably retarded screenshot proving much of anything, much less that the new Dante is some coked up junkie like the person I was responding to implied.

Plus doesn't DmC take place before Dante has it spelled out for him what he is? If you discovered you can recover from cuts you would probably cut yourself more to figure it all out.

I may be missing something, but I don't see a piece of promotional artwork being compared to a laughably retarded screenshot proving much of anything, much less that the new Dante is some coked up junkie like the person I was responding to implied.

Plus doesn't DmC take place before Dante has it spelled out for him what he is? If you discovered you can recover from cuts you would probably cut yourself more to figure it all out.
    considering at the start of the game he knows about getting out of limbo...

and it doesn't take place before anything, this is the new 52 of the devil may cry series.
    a shitty reboot made to appeal to the LCD of window-licking retards who couldn't punch their way out of a wet paper bag if the instructions were printed on the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    considering at the start of the game he knows about getting out of limbo...

and it doesn't take place before anything, this is the new 52 of the devil may cry series.
    a shitty reboot made to appeal to the LCD of window-licking retards who couldn't punch their way out of a wet paper bag if the instructions were printed on the inside.
    I love this game of responding to only a fraction of posts and all these posts laced with "anyone who likes this is retarded".

This forgone conclusion crap really needs to stop...

10+ Year Old Account
    I love this game of responding to only a fraction of posts and all these posts laced with "anyone who likes this is retarded".

This forgone conclusion crap really needs to stop...
    But this is the internet, the place of new ideas and discussion where everybody holds set in stone opinions that never change and defend things to the death for no real reason

On a side note I really enjoyed the music in this game, had a weird mix of metal/electro/dubstep.

They had 2 separate people working on it, my favourite is the tracks that play in Lilith's Club
    Last edited by Alraml; 2013-01-31 at 09:37 PM.

The combat and actual gameplay is far and away better than anything in prior DMC games too. The angel/devil modes are a stroke of genius.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    Yeah the hardcore community is very quiet about the game, i dont think i saw any DmC videos from the hardcore players like Kail and Brea
    Because this shitty game's got a awful battle system. Not even remotely comparable to that of the old DMC.

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 09:53 PM ----------

You're kidding right?

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not that great but I think it's better than 4 just for the sheer fact that there isn't any annoying parts.

Amazing game personaly I never got in to any real DMC other than 4 so I had little atatchment to the old Dante. However one thing that I miss a lot is the lock on system. Im still puzzled why its not in the game.
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.