Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Red face i was thinking about WotLK today...

everyone put their nostalgia goggles on plz.

what a great expansion tho. it wasnt perfect by any means. but comon, i think most people would agree that this expansion had the best;

cinematic
    lore
    music
    most epic raid: ulduar
    favorite zone: grizzly hills

heres some music for you while we take a look back at wotlk...

enjoy

Last edited by Ron Burgundy; 2013-01-31 at 11:50 AM.
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Deleted
    I liked ICC way more than Ulduar. Ulduar is way overrated, it wasn't any better than ICC.

Oh I agree, I've played since vanilla but WotLK was a great expansion and my favorite so far.

I had the most fun I've had in WoW raiding ICC with my small guild made up mostly of rl friends, the satisfaction we got from finally downing LK for the first time has not been matched since - It actually felt epic. Unfortunately Cata drove quite a few of them away and MoP sealed the deal where I was concerned and I cancelled my sub.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    I liked ICC way more than Ulduar. Ulduar is way overrated, it wasn't any better than ICC.
    I think the problem with ICC was the fact that we simply raided it too long. Plus, on a more personal level, I found the place way too clinical for the stronghold of the Lichking. You'd expect it to be darker. ICC did have some of the best fights in WotLK though like Putricide HC and Lich King HC.

Deleted
    Grizzly hills is on my most hated zones list. Despite that, you have some points.

5 bucks people will abandon the idea that cata was the worst expansion ever in the following year, just like people have changed their opinions on WotLK. Hell, DS was my most favorite tier in a while now (it did outmatch ICC imo) despite all the hate.

One of these days I have to trek into Ulduar to see what all the fuss is about.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    I couldn't agree more with this post! I loved WotLK from start to finish, haters gonna hate. Was an awesome expansion for me and as far as I'm concerned WoW kinda died with the Arthas.
    I've recently been leveling up my warrior and trekking through northrend made me feel quite nostalgic...

Quote Originally Posted by Feio View Post
    Grizzly hills is on my most hated zones list. Despite that, you have some points.
    How's that possible? It's so pretty...

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    One of these days I have to trek into Ulduar to see what all the fuss is about.
    One of the major problems in WoW is that you can't experience content the way it was meant to be experienced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gah!

Grizzily hills music was terrible. Those violins or whatever the hell they were were like screeching cats.

However, as to the rest, best expansion. I agree with the rest.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    I agree with OPs list. Zones and questing was great, Ulduar was the last of the old-style epic, custom made raids. However, overall it was a bad expansion and started the downhill slide of WoW with 10/25/easy/hard/LFD/nerfing/gear resets in every patch/etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    These threads pop up every expansion ffs.

In Wrath it was 'Vanilla is the best!'
    In Cata it was 'TBC is the best!'
    Now in MoP people are really bumming WotLK?
    Next ex-pac is Cata gunna be the best?
    It's a fucking syndrome, I swear. Every ex-pac bar the current one and one just before the current one is; "Amazing omg SOOOOO much nostalgia DD guise you remember this?"

Get a grip.

I hated raiding ICC for so long. I hated TotC. I hated re-used Naxx and Ony. I hated RS and OS. I hated the new Battlegrounds. I hated arena being the most retarded it has ever been, causing them to completely changing the game basics and mechanics in Cata just to fix it. Lets not forget the complete mess they made of raiding and lockouts, with 3 different types in 1 ex-pac. It was a fucking disgrace.

The only good thing out of WotLK was Ulduar. END OF DISSCUSSION.

Now everyone shut the fuck up about "nostalgia" and enjoy the game you are playing?

/rant.

EDIT: Also, clearly you never played Vanilla or TBC if you think WotLK had better lore.
    Last edited by Doggyballs; 2013-01-31 at 11:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honzi View Post
    If I got 50k gold for every error since diablo launched, I'd be able to buy a proper weapon.
    "I will now attempt to run away but first I will forget to close my chat window! wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!"

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggyballs View Post

It's a fucking syndrome, I swear. Every ex-pac bar the current one and one just before the current one is; "Amazing omg SOOOOO much nostalgia DD guise you remember this?"

Get a grip.

I hated raiding ICC for so long. I hated TotC. I hated re-used Naxx and Ony. I hated RS and OS. I hated the new Battlegrounds. I hated arena being the most retarded it has ever been, causing them to completely changing the game basics and mechanics in Cata just to fix it.

Now everyone shut the fuck up about "nostalgia" and enjoy the game you are playing?

/rant.

no ones bashing the other expansions. we are just appreciating how much fun we had in WotLK. get a grip.
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

10+ Year Old Account

Get a grip.

I hated raiding ICC for so long. I hated TotC. I hated re-used Naxx and Ony. I hated RS and OS. I hated the new Battlegrounds. I hated arena being the most retarded it has ever been, causing them to completely changing the game basics and mechanics in Cata just to fix it. Lets not forget the complete mess they made of raiding and lockouts, with 3 different types in 1 ex-pac. It was a fucking disgrace.

/rant.
    Chill out. Some of us legitimately preferred Wrath to other expansions. Wrath has been my favorite since it released. Sorry my opinion is different from yours.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    everyone put their nostalgia goggles on plz.

what a great expansion tho. it wasnt perfect by any means. but comon, i think most people would agree that this expansion had the best;

cinematic
    lore
    music
    most epic raid: ulduar
    favorite zone: grizzly hills

heres some music for you while we take a look back at wotlk...
    First, almost every cinematic made by blizz is aweosome, so as music so i dont have anything against that.
    Ulduar was realy good raid, dont know if its best so far, i dont even want to discuss that since it will come then to subjective opinion.
    About grizzly hills, its good region but not the best, tho we come again to line:"we shouldnt discuss about tastes".

But i must disagree in full with statement about best lore so far. TBC had far way better lore imo.

Please number me how many familiar characters u find in WOTLK?

TBC - Medivh, Magtheridon (almost same as Manoroth), Rexxar, Lady Vashj, Kael Thas, Akama, Mayev, Illidan, Kil Jaeden. Those are all names very familliar to wc3. Also u have major event which is related to wc3 mission (hyjal raid). That, for me, were great expereince.

WOTLK - Arthas? Anub arak? Revived naxx?

Deleted
    Ulduar had Hardmodes! Not a simple switch to where you make the boss gain 10000% extra HP and damage, most hardmodes were simply some extra ability that would make the gameplay somewhat different, yet the marvelous way to get it, by doing something different, but something nonetheless, not just flick a unnatural switch

Flame leviathan was met at full power from the towers... adding a Huge mechanic gameplay with a whole different approach from the whole team, aswell as progressive hardmode with 4,3,2,1 and zero towers up

Razorscale and ignis althouh din't had a hardmode, had two achievements that would force a somewhat hardmode into it.

XT added a burn phase that, when completed successively made the fight different as you lose the healing bots and gain the sparks

Iron council can be related to is newest cousin, the protectors of the endless, with some "interrupt all", "move from stuff ASAP" and "burn it before it burns our tanks" enrage modes.

Although not a hardmode per se, Kologarn had some nifty mechanics added to the arms race

Auriaia goes in the same place as Hodir and Kologarn... both had some sort of hardmodes added to the fight associated with achievements and were pure dps race/healing race

Thorim, adding to the hardmode were a timed gauntlet (dps race) and a survival fight (phase 2 in the arena with sif)

Mimiron's hardmode was hot! i mean fire everywhere!!!! and computers din't like that much fire back then! and it was everywhere! and follow a player! and it was activated by a button! BUT WAS A SHINNING RED BUTTON THAT SAYS DO NOT TOUCH THIS BUTTON!!!!!! oh the willpower to resist such urge....

Vezax hardmode was a pain for all the mana users as they were needing to focus on saving as much mana as possible while still needing to heal/dps a lot... and then you killed the animus and the whole fight were brought to a new level.

Finally, Yogg saron, a multi-staged fight, multiple tactics fight, buff driven, heavy healing and heavy dps, while keeping with movement and coordination... notting new... but add the 4 different levels of dificulty... lovely...

the Ultimate fight in ulduar, the ominous algalon, after a mild chain quest you get to open the best room in the whole magnificent instance and fight a being made of stars that could literally kill your raid with a single blow.

Now Into ICC

After months waiting for the opening of ICC, it was finnally breached, the whole culmination of the Expansion set... being hyped through the entire expansion's content... It delivered.

Marrowgar was really nice being seen at distance from the very moment you stepped in and having a hardmode that made me thing " oh wait... normal mode was just a sleepy version of him... gawd I lost so much time.

Lady deathwisper was a add phase encounter preety much basic in normal but a really roadblock on hardmode, forcing raids after raids of skipping the 2nd boss just because the damn adds on P2 were so mean... so, hardmode was a "wake up version" of normal mode imo again

gunship... lootship... i rest my case...

Saurfang! oh saurfang... Hardmode was a pain, but was also just a buff up version of himself... like hodir or thorim in ulduar.

Rothface and festergut were some really changing fights... professor now helped out with some of his "private" skills so that we could be preparing already for the fight, plus the enrage timer was lower, forcing a dps race (cheap shot blizz... cheap shot) so yeah! great fights IMO

Professor normal was cute, multiple phased, add controling and raid wide dot and void zones everywhere... Hardmode was just a gimmik... now they restrict people from killing certain adds and touch other people... really? hardmode? come back thorim, you are forgiven for your basic hardmode!

valitria the dreamwaker, although a very inovative and praised fight, hardmode din't bring anything more than a lower threshold for failture.

Sindragosa... LOL.... Your magic BETRAYS YOU! hardmode were not that different... from a perfect normal kill... just less forgiving

Blood princes, oh yeah! some nifty fight! normal mode to hardmode was lovely... U cant move! else you take dot damage... really?!

Lanathel the blood queen, heroic mode was... wait... there was a hardmode to this vampire?

finnally the lich king... and by the lich king the whole raid was redeemed, normal mode was hell, heroic was even worse... a single fail would force you to listen to the whole 15min lore again (great punishment blizz! kuddos) and heroic failture was solo... you fail we wipe! keep the group pointing fingers as dividing we conquer.
    The fight was epic... long enough and well designed so that healers don't go OOM (well OOM on ICC was a LULZ anyway) multi staged, plataforms, brutal dps/healing checks along the way, and everyone on the shadowmourne!!!! yay! add valkirs, defile and shadow bombs to the fight and this is probably the hardest thing ever faced by any seasoned wow player... still mild hard now as we have overgeared it, but still, its artas

about scenery, ulduar is way more beautifull than ICC, yet just before you go to face the lich king, the central spire becomes full of spirits! WHOOT!? marvelous!
    I can also apply for the whole freya's garden inside a frozen mountain... I think the woah effect is similar.
    Finnally the music is epic in both instance an drive a very very nice ambient to the whole instance.

IMO, they are similar, ICC falls behind most because of "raid fatigue"... ulduar was up too little before TOC, yet ICC was up for a whole year! people tend to hate boredoom with a fiery passion.

about the whole Wrath expansion, OP mentioned beautiful musics, and nice scenery all the way, the story was also lovely, the adding up to the lich king plot, the titan's theme, the scourge wastelands, the dragonflights and mana ley-lines... diversity and objectivity.... a well designed expansion imo... sadly cata came ruining most of that mainly because the content (revamping of old zones) din't apply to max level (yet it was needed)

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoever preferred WotLK over the other expansions either didn't play them or suffers a huge amount of downs. It was the biggest pile of trash ever released and has been agreed upon by the majority of the playerbase as the worst of the worst. So many subs were dropped by the end of it, that is proof.

Sorry, you all must Wrath babies and feel some special connection to it but that doesn't mean you can say it's the best.

Everyone has opinions but opinions mean fuck all. Facts dictate that each expansion has highs and lows but wrath had the lowest of the low.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-01-31 at 12:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honzi View Post
    If I got 50k gold for every error since diablo launched, I'd be able to buy a proper weapon.
    "I will now attempt to run away but first I will forget to close my chat window! wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tohyatvc View Post
    How's that possible? It's so pretty...
    Probably just becuase I've done it ~8 times by now and I kind of can't stand Northrend at all nowadays except for maybe Dragonblight and Storm Peaks (although that has baan taken away from me too, I always loved trying to solo the group quests there).

On the other hand, Outland questing is like 10 times worse honestly^^

Deleted
    Well yeah , nothing much to say.

Hail to the king expansion of WoW!

Long live WotLK !

Even though MoP is catching up very very fast .. cant wait to kill those freaking hordies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoever preferred WotLK over the other expansions either didn't play them or suffers a huge amount of downs. It was the biggest pile of trash ever released and has been agreed upon by the majority of the playerbase as the worst of the worst. So many subs were dropped by the end of it, that is proof.

Sorry, you all must Wrath babies and feel some special connection to it but that doesn't mean you can say it's the best.

Everyone has opinions but opinions mean fuck all. Facts dictate that each expansion has highs and lows but wrath had the lowest of the low.
    I played since Vanilla pal. And I don't have downs. And no, your opinion is NOT a goddamn fact. Get a grip.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    I played since Vanilla pal. And I don't have downs. And no, your opinion is NOT a goddamn fact. Get a grip.
    Just report him and move on, he'll get infracted/banned for trolling/insults soon enough.

And to be honest i dont even need my nostalgia glasses to look back at WotLK and like it.

When i look back at Doom2 then yes..i need those on :P.