Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Be glad that dispersion isnt on the gcd.
    Shows how much you know about SP..
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralikon View Post
    On front page of MMO: Glyph of Mind Spike When you deal damage with Mind Spike Your successful non-instant Mind Spikes, reduce, the cast time of your next Mind Blast is reduced by 50% lasting 6 sec. within 9 sec by 50%.
    i dont know how to post actual links so i just copied and pasted, on front page.

This is pretty big really.. It means to ever use this would mean you would HAVE to cancel out your dots.

The insanity change: Solace and Insanity Shadow: When cast on a target that has three of your Shadow damage-over-time spells applied, your Mind Flay gains the insanity effect. Shadow: Your Devouring Plague increases the damage of Mind Flay by 33% per orb consumed. Assault the target's mind with Shadow energy, causing 45 Shadow damage over 3 sec and slowing their movement speed by 50%.

This looks promising, definitely better than it was on ptr with the 3 dot rubbish
    Great indeed!
    Call me House.

Quote Originally Posted by Trogdora View Post
    Great indeed!

66% nerf. That's what we like to call "Into the ground."

Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    66% nerf. That's what we like to call "Into the ground."
    33% for each shadow orb. they didnt nerf it, you just choose not to read. (I still hate the talent as a side note)

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    33% for each shadow orb. they didnt nerf it, you just choose not to read. (I still hate the talent as a side note)
    It went from 100% to 33% per orb. You just choose not to think.

Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    It went from 100% to 33% per orb. You just choose not to think.
    It went from 100% regardless of number of orbs to 33% per orb. So at 3 orb dp the damage is the same. You just choose not to think.

Quote Originally Posted by Highmoon7 View Post
    It went from 100% regardless of number of orbs to 33% per orb. So at 3 orb dp the damage is the same. You just choose not to think.
    It was 100% per orb to 100% per 3 orbs. Once again, you can debate with me, but have your facts right or at least be capable of logical thought.
    Last edited by Venaliter; 2013-01-31 at 06:11 AM.

They cut the dmg in a third for a 1 orb rotatio. So instead of doing 100% dmg with three dots you now do 33%. Which means If you previously had a 1 orb rotation, for 3 orbs each being cast once so over the duration of 32 seconds. A 1 orb then mf:I till DP wears off then repeat 3 times it was 100% dmg. Now doing the same rotation it does 33% dmg. You only get the 100% increased dmg for three orbs, or a third of the time previously. It's a huge dps Nerf to the ability. I understand where they are going with it, numbers just need to be tuned.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    Now doing the same rotation it does 33% dmg. It's a huge dps Nerf to the ability. I understand where they are going with it, numbers just need to be tuned.
    I find it unlikely they would buff Insanity's duration to 18 seconds. I suppose it's possible to raise it up to 50% mindflay damage per orb, which would be like..12 seconds on the buff. Still seems a little on the high side. 75% per orb would be about 8 seconds, which is starting to feel about right.

Either way... Can we afford to lose FDCL? truly i dont think so.
    Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Maybe they will buff PVE dps now, at least that is my hope
    hahahahahahahahahaha... hahaha... hah... not funny -.^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Maybe they will buff PVE dps now, at least that is my hope
    Wont happen, they never have and never will let Spriests do dmg on singletarget bossfights in pve.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    Shows how much you know about SP..
    I haven't logged into my spriest for 3 months, after I hit 2.4k and my partners stopped playing (frankly I didn't mind it either). I am sorry that such things slipped my mind. Nice infraction though, rofl... Pathetic mods.
    Last edited by mmoca20fa69a21; 2013-01-31 at 11:41 AM.

I haven't logged into my spriest for 3 months, after I hit 2.4k and my partners stopped playing (frankly I didn't mind it either). I am sorry that such things slipped my mind. Nice infraction though, rofl... Pathetic mods.
    Dispersion has always been on the GCD?

just makes you seem clueless

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stickyjam View Post
    Dispersion has always been on the GCD?

just makes you seem clueless
    Everything else in the post was spot on. Just because I mistook dispersion mechanics with something else because I haven't logged on my shadow priest for 3 months doesn't really warrant an infraction. I've played shadow priest since end of Tbc, yet lately I've started to multi classing a lot more. Things gets mixed up some times.

Everything else in the post was spot on. Just because I mistook dispersion mechanics with something else because I haven't logged on my shadow priest for 3 months doesn't really warrant an infraction. I've played shadow priest since end of Tbc, yet lately I've started to multi classing a lot more. Things gets mixed up some times.
    Some of it was, I'm not overly fussed about dispersion. alot of your responses are highly optimistic though. Shadow is already a spec based around burst relating to rng and is highly trainable by melee, extra specially hard countered by the king of melee warrior. All shadow really needed was 30% healing nerf and something like the dispersion nerf maybe moving talents about so FDCLs and Divine Insight cannot be picked together.

fade was shadows small chance to get a break from melee on them, in its current form if you fade they just need to hit their stun button. If you havent played in 3 months you're not aware that all non god comp shadow comps, melee ride the shadow all game. GCDs get spent on healing as shadows dmg is reduced FAR lower than the melee training the shadow.

The spec is gimped, kills are solely reliant on RNG procs. If you havent played in 3 months this is obviously something you've forgotten. its not VT/SWP/MF or even casted mind blast killing people. its devouring plagues dmg combined with MSx2+MB not even casted.

Obviously ive painted a dim picture I'm well aware as you mentioned that shadows strong points besides the rng burst were ofc the ability to heal through. other classes dont heal through they use their surperior peels to reduce the dmg.

First they say they don't want to change too much so that players have to relearn their class in the middle of an expansion and they don't want to 'annoy' players with too many changes. Today I come on MMO-Champion and see like 5 or 6 PvP nerfs lol.
    I don't PvP so I don't care but those talent/glyph changes are just weird. What is the point of glyph of Mind Spike now? Just remove it all together then.

10+ Year Old Account
    They cut the dmg in a third for a 1 orb rotatio. So instead of doing 100% dmg with three dots you now do 33%. Which means If you previously had a 1 orb rotation, for 3 orbs each being cast once so over the duration of 32 seconds. A 1 orb then mf:I till DP wears off then repeat 3 times it was 100% dmg. Now doing the same rotation it does 33% dmg. You only get the 100% increased dmg for three orbs, or a third of the time previously. It's a huge dps Nerf to the ability. I understand where they are going with it, numbers just need to be tuned.
    I think a one orb rotation would have felt very awkward. Happy that I don't have to look closer at it. (I'm not on PTR)

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay then this might be getting borderline excessive. I agree our healing could of used that nerf, Dispersion although still a hard nerf isn't too devastating overall, and the mindspike glyph nerf a really devastating one I just kind of sighed at it and went "fine" they're other glyphs I can put in it's slot, though not as good. It's that Phantasm nerf on top of all this that has me concerned. I can think of 1 direct almost logical reason for it; "being immune to range isn't directly mobility related". However it was one of the very few ways to get our necessary free cast vs range. Oh well, all we can do is try it leave feedback and hope for the best.

I kind of question why they want to make the new insanity a passive like talent, now that they're scrapping the lol-able version. I think they should just make solace do shadowspell or shadowfrost damage and not give mana in shadow form, and turn power infusion into cata's archangel minus the ramp up, and they can rename THAT to "Insanity" for shadow's version. Though that's just my opinion on our insanity situation.

Deleted
    There is so many of you complaining that these nerfs weren't warranted and that we will be useless after this, yet we are currently by far the best caster in PvP. Whatever comp you are running with a caster, replace your caster with a shadow priest and it's going to be better.
    Anyway, here's is my thoughts behind these nerfs.

Dispersion can't be used while locked, as long as you can still use this while blanketed, it will be fine. You shouldn't be getting locked if you think you're going to be needing it any time soon anyway.- probably to fall into place with divine shield/ice block.
    Mind spike glyph nerf is pretty strange, but there are plenty of other amazing glyphs, inner fire is so good vs cleaves.
    Fade was stupid. Let's face it, a 30sec CD 3sec duration untargetable from range was so overpowered, any class would love to have this, it's just way too strong.
    The DP nerf is the one that is annoying, mainly because of how it can be dispelled by 3 healers and won't be anywhere near as good next patch, but when it crit it was over the top damage.

Anyway, for the people thinking priest will no longer be viable, you are so wrong in my opinion, we are by far the best right now, these will probably put us in line with other casters.