Deleted
    I find myself playing nothing but -AR when I am not stacking for -CM with my team and I don't know why.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Had to drop All Pick from AP/AR queue the day after patch when playing with few friends because every other game was against some pro or "pro" stack who would instalock Wisp, Tiny and Troll.
    I think I saw that in the final game at an amateur tourny, it was amazing how well it worked. It wasn't even Troll as well, just Wisp and Tiny, and they pushed barracks in basically every lane so easily, the other team pretty much had no chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Had to drop All Pick from AP/AR queue the day after patch when playing with few friends because every other game was against some pro or "pro" stack who would instalock Wisp, Tiny and Troll.
    Had that happen plenty of times. Be in a 5 stack, queue for AP and we all random, then the other team is a bunch of tryhards that pick "pro" picks and then do the pub equivalent of FIVE MAN DOTO all game. Very often, they also talk shit when the inevitably win. If there's ever been a time I wish I could transmit my boot through the internet, it's those times.

I think EN's the only person I'll queue AP with anymore; I just get bored out of my mind when people stack and tryhard outside of CM... what happened to playing for fun?

Not surprised they're adding team rankings... though I'm not sure if I'll be able to even use it. Trying to play even semi-seriously in a group with notable skill disparity isn't very fun.
    Yeah, I guess that'd be a problem. Even if it sets everyone's effective MMR for zero and obeys the team MMR, you're still going to experience disparity within the team itself...
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I think EN's the only person I'll queue AP with anymore; I just get bored out of my mind when people stack and tryhard outside of CM... what happened to playing for fun
    since when winning/tryharding is not fun ;3 ?
    Last edited by Finear; 2013-01-31 at 12:28 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have had a shocking time doing AR lately, a dozen or so games where I was matched with people miles above my skill level. It seems to be a result of the large que times, it has to expand the search to those higher levels just to find a game.
    Ive had to do single draft almost exclusively to avoid the try hards and play against people around my skill level.

Had that happen plenty of times. Be in a 5 stack, queue for AP and we all random, then the other team is a bunch of tryhards that pick "pro" picks and then do the pub equivalent of FIVE MAN DOTO all game. Very often, they also talk shit when the inevitably win. If there's ever been a time I wish I could transmit my boot through the internet, it's those times.
    ?

Push to counter mTw dota. Make superior trades, win the game. Whining about tryhard picks surely won't win you anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    ?

Push to counter mTw dota. Make superior trades, win the game. Whining about tryhard picks surely won't win you anything.
    When you have four drunk friends and you all randomed into a team with the most ridiculous lanes/picks against a team that deliberately picked wombo combo style picks (like mentioned wisp/tiny), you ain't gonna have a snowball's chance in hell of pulling out a win against reasonably competent opponents. It's not even the tryharding, it's the fact that most of them are raging mongoloid douchebags acting like they're somehow really good because they beat a group of randoming drunks who were playing to have fun and not necessarily to flex their massive, turgid e-cock in everyone's face.

It gets better when you challenge them to a rematch in CM and they either dodge it (usually with the bullshit "lol u suk not worth our time" excuse), or they accept it and get railed by a group of drunks when the two heroes they each know how to play get banned or picked.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Being forced to wait for enemies to pick so you can counter, instead of playing heroes you actually want to play, is not fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Being forced to wait for enemies to pick so you can counter, instead of playing heroes you actually want to play, is not fun.
    Yeah, I agree. My point isn't that they're picking good heroes and picking good lanes, it's that they're doing this then being complete fucking twats to people that clearly randomed (since it tells everyone when someone randoms) as if you're something special for winning a game you should've won, anyway.

Them losing a CM rematch (or refusing to play it) just drives the point home - they know they're shit, so why are they running around with that kind of attitude? Hell, even if they were good, why have that kind of attitude? Ain't the point of a game to have fun?

10+ Year Old Account
    You and Hermanni are both saying this without explaining yourselves.

How are they so drastically different? Geminate Attack generates a second, free attack when it's available, effectively doubling your regular attack damage.

A DD rune effectively doubles your damage by, uh, doubling your damage. Number crunching aside, how are these two things so dramatically different that they aren't roughly analogous?
    If you pop out of stealth with DD rune and deal 300 damage to finish off wounded enemy you get kill.
    If you pop out of stealth with Geminate Attack and deal 150 damage ... pause ... 150 damage, omniknight pops ult and you die.

Also, DD rune increase damage on crits, and GA is not
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I've been really enjoying the game since MrDeadcruel gave me some keys that I've shared with my bro and some friends and am having a blast playing with friends.
    The advice I got given really helped.
    I' currently enjoying Earthshaker the most, particularly because his Fissure wall off is so rewarding when it's executed right. I've been playing him with bro who goes Pudge,as Meat Hook into a Fissure wall off is pretty nasty (Not sure if it's what the "pros" would do, but it works).

So I've got another problem with yet another character - Ursa. We just played a game against one and jesus christ the damage he does is insane. Is there any advice on how to beat him? Again it's obviously due to my lack of knowledge with the game, but seems a little OP to me at least which I know is a little typical of somebody when they get their arse handed to them .

kite him - force staffs are amazing
    blade mail
    gank his jungle (pubs tend to not lane ursa)

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I don't need to know things. Knowing things is for nerds. I just like being invisible and sneaking up on people.
    You aren't that good at farming. 3000g is not a lot of gold to me, it is a fortune for you. Considering you won't be sneaking up on anyone who gets a gem or sentry wards, and especially in the latter case, will actually end up ganking yourself walking into true sight assuming you're invisible, it is not worth it in any way just feel special.

That 3000g could be eul's, rod of atos, force staff, nearly all of a scepter, mekanism + wards, jango/phase/bracer, depending on what hero you are playing at the time. All of these things provide much more than shadow blade immediately. SB is only useful if you actively use windwalk to run by enemy wards, to move around the map quicker in general, and to perfectly position yourself during team fights/use the backstab for ganks. I go lothar's on heroes for a combination of all of these reasons, and if you watch me play a hero with it I will constantly use it to run around with a free, built in smoke. I also tend to buy it on heroes who greatly benefit from the backstab, such as Tiny or ES or Kunkka or Alch. Note that all of these are STR heroes.

I've watched Merlini buy lothar's on almost every hero he carries with as well. You can watch him use it if you want another reference.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2013-01-31 at 02:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    kite him - force staffs are amazing
    blade mail
    gank his jungle (pubs tend to not lane ursa)
    I've never liked blademail against anyone with significant lifesteal. If they recover 15% of the damage they deal, Blademail's effectively only reflecting 85% of the damage. If you both have 2,000 HP... well, you're gonna die and he'll just be hurt instead of dead.

Plus, Ursa tends to get BKB after his blink and BKB ignores blademail :/

kind of a poll:
    Lina or Lion?
    Which one and why?
    (besides the fact that Lina is literally smoking hot )

for me though , it seems as if Lion is stronger, while Lina is funnier
    so, dunno
    Last edited by Morally Grey Storm; 2013-01-31 at 08:43 PM. Reason: I spell gud

Lina obviously, since I got the hat for her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    kind of poll:
    Lina or Lion?
    Which one and why?
    (besides the fact that Lina is literally smoking hot )

for me the , it seems as if Lion is tronger, while Lina is funnier
    so, dunno
    I personally think Lion's stronger. Able to harass really well, two disables, a better stun, and his ulti is better too. And Nyx Assassin is a better Lion, so there ain't much reason to pick those two when you can grab NA.

Lina is stronger, Lion has a horrible lane because his stun is not actually a stun until level 4. They keep buffing mana drain to give him at least SOME kind of threat during lane phase, otherwise he's about as bad of a lane partner as it gets while still qualifying as support. Lina has damage and that makes her scary, give her a partner with a stun and kills are guaranteed. This is why Lion has the stronger laser beam, he needs it to be equal.

Unfortunately, Lina has a huge skill cap and, while she might be one of the best ints hands down played well, she is rarely played well.

I prefer Lion. In most situation he's virtually guaranteed kills.

Lina because

if we lack stuns and enemy picked blinkers>lion but he should get solo xp
    if we already got good setup stuns > lina also she dosnt need that much farm/xp while her passive allowes to scale into mid/late game (carry lina <3)
    Last edited by Finear; 2013-01-31 at 07:21 PM.