Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Best Add On For Rune CDs?

I just recently started playing my DK. It seems fairly straightforward but I sometimes find myself tunneling my bars so I know exactly when I'll be able to use certain strikes again. Couple people in guild mentioned they use Tell Me When. Do you guys have a consensus for the easiest/cleanest add on to use for watching your Rune regeneration?

Deleted
    I like using Tell me when for watching ability CDs, but I use docs debug runes for rune CD. I like how it displays the runes in pairs, as opposed to a line per rune. This it looks like a continuous resource, and you can time when best to use abilities (wait for oblit on KM or use it for Frost strike)

Stood in the Fire ArMeD_SuRvIvOr's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't recommend any addon for rune management since I don't use any. However, I've been manually watching my runes since 2008 and now it's second nature to me. Perhaps you should try manual management for runes? Just a thought. :P
    Really sucks if they start to limit their vision for an expansion just to get the next one out faster.
    BLOOD DPS. Never forget. Still campaigning to get you back, babe.

Deleted
    I posted a while back in a previous thread, but this is my configuration if you're looking for ideas:

Magic runes + Acherus

With weak auras for the disease tracker...

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    I like using Tell me when for watching ability CDs, but I use docs debug runes for rune CD. I like how it displays the runes in pairs, as opposed to a line per rune. This it looks like a continuous resource, and you can time when best to use abilities (wait for oblit on KM or use it for Frost strike)
    Why bother? Using a rune addon is simpler and more accurate.

I personally use MagicRunes with NeedToKnow for diseases and power auras for BT stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by ArMeD_SuRvIvOr View Post
    I can't recommend any addon for rune management since I don't use any. However, I've been manually watching my runes since 2008 and now it's second nature to me. Perhaps you should try manual management for runes? Just a thought. :P
    So you should've realized by now that you should at least get a better runic power bar, since blizzard's is kinda awful. Might as well go for the improved rune tracker addon, since I believe they come as a package anyway.

Stood in the Fire ArMeD_SuRvIvOr's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    So you should've realized by now that you should at least get a better runic power bar, since blizzard's is kinda awful. Might as well go for the improved rune tracker addon, since I believe they come as a package anyway.
    How is it awful? I can see how much runic power I have. What's the problem? I don't see anything wrong with it.
    Really sucks if they start to limit their vision for an expansion just to get the next one out faster.
    BLOOD DPS. Never forget. Still campaigning to get you back, babe.

I'm fond of DKOne's rune/Runic power module.

Last edited by Murdos; 2013-01-31 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Added a picture!
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

I also use DKOne's rune module in the vertically aligned configuration with the RP bar below it. I don't use anything else from the addon, though.

I use the horizontal bar mostly for aesthetic reasons, that and I'm used to my old UI's setup which had them laid out in such a way.

I do like using it as a proc/ghoul tracker as you can see, even if I have a little redundancy going on with unholy strength, there.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

I use Icehud's rune bar. Easy to see, clear, and very effective. I can't seem to differentiate between individual runes with the bar addons.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the setup/UI I use on my DK. Very easy to keep track of runes/runic power, easy to see when things procs so I know when to re-apply DoT's. And everything is close to my playerframe.

I use mrunes, closest I could find to defualt.

You can add timers, change how opaque runes appear on when on cd and all the timers for everything if you really like.

I just use the rune bar w/o timers though.

I checked out mrunes and a bunch of others, but really with the Cataclysm changes where only one rune per type refreshes at a time I believe the vertical configuration is just right. By vertical I mean it looks like this:

BFU
    BFU

Oh, you mean how mine's laid out! XD

I thought you meant where it was laid out in pairs; like so:

BB
    FF
    UU

That one disorients me for some reason.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Quote Originally Posted by Murdos View Post
    That one disorients me for some reason.
    Yeah that's terrible.

DDR doesn't use the right layout, isn't really configurable, and isn't under active development. Compactrunes uses the wrong layout too.

BFU
    BFU

... it just feels right.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2013-02-01 at 01:29 AM.

You know I never used that layout in Cata because it was wrong in many addons, i.e. you couldn't tell what the "first" blood rune was when using Blood Tap. Now that that doesn't matter anymore, I should probably try it out again.

MagicRunes though, for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doc's Debug Runes for me. Although honestly some of the newer ones look promising, it's what I've always used and am reluctant to switch since it work's perfectly without any fluff.