Page 43 of 80 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    All you have done is derail. You took pages and pages to talk about yourself, how great you are, and how people are mean to you and whatnot.

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 08:31 AM ----------

You never answered my question a long time ago. You say its okay for black people to call whites "white boy," do you think its okay for white people to call blacks "black boy"?
    I did. I said it's ignorant for black people and it's ignorant for white people to do it but half the time they are being insensitive not racist as per my example.

Deleted
    Not really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my sweet Jesus I can't believe you actually said that.
    And thus follows possibly the most racist rant I've ever seen about how the Irish were recruited to fight in a civil war for about four years being compared to centuries of slavery and blaming the slaves for not being educated.

"They can't pass tests written by white people for white people?"

What the fuck is a test for white people?
    No it isn't. It's reality. White people predominantly write the tests and it's for white kids - various subcultures do not think the same way or know the same examples. Of course plenty of black kids can pass tests, but they have to work much harder for it, leading to a disenfranchised educational group who drop out and cause a vicious cycle.

What the hell is a "racial and gender" education?
    I don't know, sounds like something you've made up. I asked for a racial and gender NEUTRAL education system, which applies to everyone regardless of race or gender (etc.) The fact you think that the Chinese should do math, blacks "do" athletics and white women cooking shows your thought processes.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I did. I said it's ignorant for black people and it's ignorant for white people to do it but half the time they are being insensitive not racist as per my example.
    Ah poor things. Ill have to remember to mention how insensitive that group of 6 nigerian hanging on a street corner next time ill get hassled on the way from work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    A business that trashes applications based on names is a business that can't and won't survive.
    AA is the wrong approach. It only creates extra issues.

Also, please show proof of this phantomatic 40 years old businessman that in 2013 acts so stupidly and doesn't get sanctioned.
    Yes they will, the largest minority is only 12% of the population in the US, which equates to about 6-10% in most neighborhoods. You can easily alienate minorities and sympathizers while being profitable. That's why systematic racism was a prevalent as it was.

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 03:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    Redneck is racist. If you want to get down and dirty with it, any possible "meaning" of it, simply, it is used against white people as a derogatory term. It is like saying how (if you do not want this here, mods, feel free to delete the word, but as it is, i am not using it in any derogatory way.) "nigga" isnt a bad word.

And they do (u.s). April is african heritage month, May is asian month, september is hispanic month, oct if filipeno american month. Where is my history month about the irish coming over and handed weapons and sent off to fight in the civil war, simply to die?
    Redneck isn't a racist term by any means... It's not derogatory unless you don't want to be seen as part of that subculture. Redneck describes a subculture. Black people can be rednecks to unless you ask a racist redneck. It's no different than the term ghetto. Rednecks are the ghetto people of rural areas, ghetto people are the rednecks of urban areas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    And thus follows possibly the most racist rant I've ever seen about how the Irish were recruited to fight in a civil war for about four years being compared to centuries of slavery and blaming the slaves for not being educated.

No it isn't. It's reality. White people predominantly write the tests and it's for white kids - various subcultures do not think the same way or know the same examples. Of course plenty of black kids can pass tests, but they have to work much harder for it, leading to a disenfranchised educational group who drop out and cause a vicious cycle.

I don't know, sounds like something you've made up. I asked for a racial and gender NEUTRAL education system, which applies to everyone regardless of race or gender (etc.) The fact you think that the Chinese should do math, blacks "do" athletics and white women cooking shows your thought processes.

Rant about the Irish? Sure it's only a rant... Four years? Go read some books. You're embarrassing.
    Did I accuse black Afroamerican it's their fault they did not have education? No I didn't. Thanks though. Lost 10 more points.

Test written by white men. Clever.

Third point. Hey, you don't get to act tough after YOU wrote what YOU wrote. What YOU wrote is the most racist things I have seen in a while.
    Enlighten me. What's racial and gender neutral education.
    Show me how YOU can change a thousands years old educational system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah poor things. Ill have to remember to mention how insensitive that group of 6 nigerian hanging on a street corner next time ill get hassled on the way from work.
    You have to be trolling or have a lot of pent up racial tension.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rant about the Irish? Sure it's only a rant... Four years? Go read some books. You're embarrassing.
    The Irish were conscripted after 1861, the war ended in 1865.

Did I accuse black Afroamerican it's their fault they did not have education? No I didn't. Thanks though. Lost 10 more points.
    So why was ending slavery bad? The white Northerners "freed" the slaves and left them to die in the streets - 600k is a conservative estimate - how many whites have been left to die in the streets because slavery ended in America? Or are you seriously suggesting centuries of vicious and sadistic oppression being overcome by national policy to give them a chance is the equivalent of slavery for whites?

No, it isn't. Yes, it's fair. Whites run everything, so it's just pathetic and mindless whinging from an enfranchised group who wants to be more enfranchised based on racism.

Test written by white men. Clever.
    And true! I've seen them! I've read them! I even write them myself and have to consciously make an effort to not fall into those traps!

Third point. Hey, you don't get to act tough after YOU wrote what YOU wrote.
    Acting tough? Is this 3rd grade?

What YOU wrote is the most racist things I have seen in a while.
    Sorry, I find this hilarious after what you suggested the different races learn because you don't understand what "neutral" means. Hoisted on your own petard, methinks.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    You have to be trolling or have a lot of pent up racial tension.
    And why would I be trolling? Cause it didn't happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    We do, actually. The reason being the the effects of enslavement are still present, as seen in the poor socioeconomic conditions of a large portion of the black community. This is the reason for affirmative action, to try and break the cycle of poverty.
    That is complete and utter bullshit and you know it, the reason those conditions are the way they are is because the society of people living in them have differing values,agenda's priorities. thus those things have an impact on the community.

Besides it is only to be expected that if you are born and raised in a shitty environment that you will naturally become more accustom to living in it thus have less desire to improve on it.

I am not saying that their isn't still random cases of discrimination in the housing market but nobody is forcing these people to stay in those area's, they choose to stay of their own free will.

And don't tell me they are forced to stay because of the fear of economic uncertainty because everyone has that same fear regardless of their skin color.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    That is complete and utter bullshit and you know it, the reason those conditions are the way they are is because the society of people living in them have differing values,agenda's priorities. thus those things have an impact on the community.
    Because of the after-effects of slavery and the fight for civil rights. It's all rational and explainable. Poor education, poor health, poor social services, poor services, unhealthy expanse of businesses - they literally started with nothing in these areas. American whites started with everything.

I'm far more impressed with how much black Americans have achieved in the face of incredibly adversity than white Americans have ever achieved.

Deleted
    The Irish were conscripted after 1861, the war ended in 1865.

So why was ending slavery bad? The white Northerners "freed" the slaves and left them to die in the streets - 600k is a conservative estimate - how many whites have been left to die in the streets because slavery ended in America? Or are you seriously suggesting centuries of vicious and sadistic oppression being overcome by national policy to give them a chance is the equivalent of slavery for whites?

No, it isn't. Yes, it's fair. Whites run everything, so it's just pathetic and mindless whinging from an enfranchised group who wants to be more enfranchised based on racism.

And true! I've seen them! I've read them! I even write them myself and have to consciously make an effort to not fall into those traps!

Acting tough? Is this 3rd grade?

Sorry, I find this hilarious after what you suggested the different races learn because you don't understand what "neutral" means. Hoisted on your own petard, methinks.
    Their struggle lasted far longer than that. Again to read something about it.

Your second point is... Peculiar. I just wrote the same things. But being white I'm probably an enemy of the black cause, so what I say mug be different even when it isn't.

White me tests. Please elaborate. Show me an example.

HEY. I suggested NOTHING I was making an EXAMPLE of what you were suggesting. Which you STILL REFUSE TO EXPLAIN.
    So stop pretending I said things and try harder to come up with valid points. You're taking water on all sides for gods sake

Quote Originally Posted by Annapolis View Post
    I'm tired of seeing it there too but your post doesn't answer the question, it just dodges it. If you say racism isn't the correct term then fine but you could say prejudice.

Many people have already answered the question though. Yes, obviously you can be prejudiced against white people too. Does that mean it is as large of a problem as being prejudiced against other groups? No.

Why should I care more about prejudice against white people? We are overrepresented by far in my field of study. If there is prejudice against us then it certainly isn't showing in most job markets.

These sorts of threads just seem to me like ways for people to justify their feelings about not promoting equality. If you are fine with certain fields of work underrepresenting minorities then that's fine. But don't act like there is currently any disservice being done to whites in comparison to people of other backgrounds.
    Im trying to deny the term "racism", the actual term is discrimination (based on skin color).

Racism does not exist.

Discrimination does exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Their struggle lasted far longer than that. Again to read something about it.
    Right, I agree, the Irish were victimised for decades. Nothing like the victimisation against blacks, Hispanics or Natives, but they were.

They were not shot in wars for decades, however. That lasted a very short time.

White me tests. Please elaborate. Show me an example.
    This is not a forum where I post extensive tests along with sociological observations. There isn't room and you won't read it.

HEY. I suggested NOTHING I was making an EXAMPLE of what you were suggesting.
    No I didn't, I suggested racially neutral. You took that as racial - and then gave examples of what you would do.

A racially neutral education system involves extensive reworking on many levels. Once again, you want me to write a thesis-style answer for a forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post

Besides it is only to be expected that if you are born and raised in a shitty environment that you will naturally become more accustom to living in it thus have less desire to improve on it.

I am not saying that their isn't still random cases of discrimination in the housing market but nobody is forcing these people to stay in those area's, they choose to stay of their own free will.

And don't tell me they are forced to stay because of the fear of economic uncertainty because everyone has that same fear regardless of their skin color.
    I posted a wiki article on what is classified "white flight". If you want learn about why it's been so hard for minorities to break the cycle of property then I suggest you read it.

Deleted
    Right, I agree, the Irish were victimised for decades. Nothing like the victimisation against blacks, Hispanics or Natives, but they were.

They were not shot in wars for decades, however. That lasted a very short time.

This is not a forum where I post extensive tests along with sociological observations. There isn't room and you won't read it.

No I didn't, I suggested racially neutral. You took that as racial - and then gave examples of what you would do.

A racially neutral education system involves extensive reworking on many levels. Once again, you want me to write a thesis-style answer for a forum.
    Suffering is suffering, what do you mean worse, better... What's the purpose? So you get a bigger pat on the shoulder?
    Since is the first time I have heard anything like that and since you won't link anything that proves even on basic lines what you are saying ill just ignore the point cause it sounds absolutely ridicolous.
    Please we have all the time of the world. Explain on basic lines your idea of "race and gender" neutral education.
    Something that somehow tops the system we have now, where the president of the United States himself belongs to a minority.

I mean, If a lil Wayne wannabe steps into my office asking for a position I have every right to tell him to go fuck himself right?
    Yes, yes you have. Why? Because if you show up to an interview, (be you white, black, yellow, red or whatever color a skin can resemble) with your pants at your fucking knees and a cap backwords, you dont deserve to even be considered no matter the grades. Its as simple as that. Even if he is highly qualified for the job. Come dressed accordingly if you want a job, even if the job interview is at god damn Burgerking.
    Last edited by Gaman; 2013-01-31 at 09:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Suffering is suffering, what do you mean worse, better...
    No, it isn't. Slavery is significantly worse than being a soldier in a war. Easily. Slaves and soldiers both run the risks of being killed - but soldiers get paid, are free, and can face the courts in times of law breaking. Slaves do back-breaking labour, while beaten their entire lives and their children are also born into servitude.

End of story. Please stop comparing the cases. The Irish never had huge swathes of land taken from them and their culture systematically destroyed, they weren't enslaved (indentured servitude is not slavery.)

I think you're romanticising what blacks, hispanics and natives went through to justify your argument.

Since is the first time I have heard anything like that and since you won't link anything that proves even on basic lines what you are saying ill just ignore the point cause it sounds absolutely ridicolous.
    Cool. http://books.google.com/books?hl=en&...esting&f=false

Please we have all the time of the world. Explain on basic lines your idea of "race and gender" neutral education.
    You do. I don't.

Something that somehow tops the system we have now, where the president of the United States himself belongs to a minority.
    Something that'd be fair because you can use one guy out of 44m to defend your point, making that kind of racist in and of itself.

Deleted
    No, it isn't. Slavery is significantly worse than being a soldier in a war. Easily. Slaves and soldiers both run the risks of being killed - but soldiers get paid, are free, and can face the courts in times of law breaking. Slaves do back-breaking labour, while beaten their entire lives and their children are also born into servitude.

End of story. Please stop comparing the cases. The Irish never had huge swathes of land taken from them and their culture systematically destroyed, they weren't enslaved (indentured servitude is not slavery.)

I think you're romanticising what blacks, hispanics and natives went through to justify your argument.

Cool. http://books.google.com/books?hl=en&...esting&f=false

You do. I don't.

Something that'd be fair because you can use one guy out of 44m to defend your point, making that kind of racist in and of itself.
    Ok that's it.
    You're ignorant, I now understand who Ive been talking to.
    The Irish have had ALL the things you mentioned.
    Culture destroyed, land taken, slavery, slave traded, repressed, killed...
    You just don't know about it.
    Maybe they applied some of that "race and gender neutral education" of yours to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok that's it.
    You're ignorant, I now understand who Ive been talking to.
    The Irish have had ALL the things you mentioned.
    Culture destroyed, land taken, slavery, slave traded, repressed, killed...
    You just don't know about it.
    Maybe they applied some of that "race and gender neutral education" of yours to you.
    Not by Americans, and barely by the British to the extent the Americans did to the Natives. The most devastating event in the nation of Ireland's history was the Great Famine, and even the British Empire couldn't control the weather and disease.

They had it comparably easy in America compared to the genuinely and horrendously discriminated races.

Did you read the link? I doubt it.