Thread: New mmo mice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I bought a rat 7 lighly used over a year ago, and its never given me issues besides getting dust in its nooks and crannies. Its built solid people that break them clearly dont treat their mice nicely.

If you play WoW(Or other MMO) and continue to do so, get the G600 or Naga, depends on your hand size which would be more comfortable.

Nothing beats the Naga/G600 in MMO performance, the amount of easily-accessible keybinds you get is massive.

Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post

ANything more is just a waste of money. And don't come bulshitting that it improves your performance. You are playing Wow, not doing a brain surgery.
    I sense the presence of a troll, who also happens to be a clicker.

You don't even lift sir.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The new corsair looks really good I don't know when it is coming out thou.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    If you play WoW(Or other MMO) and continue to do so, get the G600 or Naga, depends on your hand size which would be more comfortable.

Nothing beats the Naga/G600 in MMO performance, the amount of easily-accessible keybinds you get is massive.
    that's debatable, all of the top players in my guild used a standard 5 button mouse, with the exception of one person, i never had any naga users top the DPS/HPS charts, or maintain tanking, and that's over 5 years of playing

a naga or g600 won't make you a better player

Quote Originally Posted by Gereorth666 View Post
    I had personal experience with a Naga aswell, and I found it to break very easily. For me it was the mouse-wheel that broken. I couldn't scroll or click. It appeared a lot of people seem to have the same problem. So I went for the G600 aswell. I had to get used to the thumb buttons aswell, because they were placed quite differently and felt different aswell.
    After all that I can say I prefer the G600 over the Naga. The G600 has also a button next to the right mouse button. The scroll wheel has buttons when pressed to the sides, and it has 2 different buttons under neath the scroll wheel. Basicly the G600 does have 3 extra buttons (It's also possible to make your G600 programable to change it different modes, never tried that though.).

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 06:19 PM ----------

Except that the G600 has extra buttons for your thumb and the G700 doesn't. 12 buttons may sound like too much, but for some classes it sure is needed.
    But I agree, once you go Logitech, you never go back.
    By build I meant the materials used to actually make the mouse. Not the ergonomic design. Obviously every mouse has a different feel depending on how many buttons used and the materials used to make the mouse (Cheap plastic vs good plastic) along with how close knit everything is.

I can suggest the Roccat SAVU. Very nice handling, got a few extra buttons which can be individually programmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizey View Post
    I sense the presence of a troll, who also happens to be a clicker.

You don't even lift sir.
    or they just keybind with their keyboard and not their mouse, like a whole lot of people who saved a whole lot of money do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post

ANything more is just a waste of money. And don't come bulshitting that it improves your performance. You are playing Wow, not doing a brain surgery.
    Save for the part that WoW isn't brain surgery, you couldn't be further from the truth.

I love the Logitec G600, it's great.
    Last edited by mmoc9bca5565b2; 2013-01-31 at 11:26 PM.

Deleted
    I've been using a Razer Naga for the past 3 years and just moved onto a G600.

I love the buttons on the Naga, but the mouse isn't built so well. The grime and muck gets into the mouse and is hard to get out, along with the mouse not living too long compared to better quality brands such as Logitech.

Just moved onto a G600 tonight and I like the feel better than the Naga but I'm having trouble adjusting to the angled buttons on the side compared to being flat on a Naga. Also the "G-Shift" button that your ring fingers sits on is a bit odd in my opinion, I love the idea of using the finger for another button but I also use that finger to help move the mouse left, so not being able to push with the finger as hard as I would on a Naga is tricky at the moment.

Honestly the G600 is a great replacement to the Naga and can be used with the number pad keys just like the Naga for more bindings. If you're not so fond of all the keys, try going for a lower profile mouse in the Logitech range, solid built mice.

Deleted
    G600 if you're serious, MX518 if you want a mouse equivalent of Nokia 3310. I've used mine for about 4 years and then I gave it to a friend when his broke down, he's been using it for a couple of years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ineko View Post
    Brain surgery no, but if you're HC raiding or doing really high end PvP, then yes it can get rather complicated, obviously you don't do either or you would know that a MMO mouse does help, you probably click your spells... I have all my buttons bound on the side of my Naga and the extra buttons (B3/B4/B5).

Anyway, on topic, if you don't want another Naga I'd say go with the M90 or the G600, both solid mice.
    This, and not to mention mice like these don't support your hand well, so if you play a lot you could permanently damage your hand, arm, fingers, etc. Anything less than a proper mouse, and you're doing yourself a grave injustice no matter what task it is you perform with it: regular Office work, MMOs, or browsing facebook.

I myself am using the Logitech G700. I picked it because it's great for my hand, which tends to hurt a lot. It has 7 buttons on top of the default 3 buttons all mice come with, not including the 2 extra in the middle used to adjust the scroll wheel and 1 I use for DPI settings. Furthermore, I love that it can be wireless, without being permanently wireless: you connect it to an USB cable to charge it, and can play just fine either way. Furthermore, it's rather heavy (mouse weight is actually important people) and you can adjust its weight if I remember correctly to suit your hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    tbh, I've just been using a Logitech MX518 (G400) for quite a while now.

It's a FANTASTIC mouse, and very comfy with great key positioning... plus it's jokes cheap compared to a lot of other mice that I don't find perform half as well.

This, I don't have a need for more. Give me the buttons I have on my mouse (Basicly the picture) and I don't need more. I have like... 6-9 buttons macroed to it only. It covers my need for PvE and PvP, in any specc. The other keybinds are on the keyboard where they are supposed to. Fast ones on the mouse.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    LOgitech G9x is an amazing mouse, really customizable. If you're like me and don't like a million buttons
    on the side of the mouse, then this is perfect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    The new corsair looks really good I don't know when it is coming out thou.
    I'm using an M90 (previous gen of this mouse) and I love it! Took me a few days of playing to get accustomed to the button placement, but after that I can't see myself going back to a standard 5 button.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it's essential to have a numpad on your mice as well if you take your gameplay seriously. Takes some learning though to hit the right buttons D:

Personally I love Razer Naga.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by proVoke View Post
    LOgitech G9x is an amazing mouse, really customizable. If you're like me and don't like a million buttons
    on the side of the mouse, then this is perfect

This guy knows the real deal. Logitech G9x is what I am using and would suggest it to anybody.
    "If I recall correctly I just posted that this topic is not to be discussed any further." -Ensidia Fanclub Founder

FYI if you still like the naga and want to try before putting money on other mouse is cleaning the contacts. Mine started doing that with the left click after 3 years. It is very easy and takes 5 minutes to do, just need to take the cover off after removing the screws under the plastic "U" shaped protector on the bottom. Put some cleaning solution or WD40 on a small Q-tip or rag and gently rub it on the contact point areas. Couple videos say the protector does not always go back on but mine stuck right back on with no issues.
    "A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my ANGER"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by logobola View Post
    FYI if you still like the naga and want to try before putting money on other mouse is cleaning the contacts. Mine started doing that with the left click after 3 years. It is very easy and takes 5 minutes to do, just need to take the cover off after removing the screws under the plastic "U" shaped protector on the bottom. Put some cleaning solution or WD40 on a small Q-tip or rag and gently rub it on the contact point areas. Couple videos say the protector does not always go back on but mine stuck right back on with no issues.
    Sad when you're buying something with the expectations of having to take it a part to "fix" some flaw in their product and/or hope for a non-faulty unit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I say just get another Naga :P