Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    The "republicans" who fought to end slavery also waged a war to assert the dominance of the federal government over the states. This just in, parties change.
    Democrats also changed into the "working mans party" but still found time to alienate working African Ameircans for decades.

Your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    Its not about whatever or not they pay taxes. The issue lies with expanses rising to the point that the nation has to BORROW on top of high taxes which eventually results in...wait for it... MORE TAXES
    Relative to US past and other parts of the world, our taxes are by no means "high".

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodninja View Post
    Just because he agrees with taxes going to public healthcare doesn't mean he is a hypocrite for not donating his entire life to helping the less fortunate. Bad argument.
    Wrong argument. He is a hypocrite for saying that "basic human dignity" obligates that I give up luxury to help someone with cancer, not based on any personal relationship or choice, but just by virtue of our existence and the fact that I don't have cancer and this other person does, while he sits on his computer enjoying the luxury of web browsing instead of working for the good of someone else.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its not about whatever or not they pay taxes. The issue lies with expanses rising to the point that the nation has to BORROW on top of high taxes which eventually results in...wait for it... MORE TAXES
    Good thing nations with single payer systems pay less per person in healthcare costs then. Shame we got this bullshit halfway trash bill though
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Tangent incoming.

Republicans fought hard to end slavery and Jim Crow.

Al Sharpton and Co- Republicans are RACIST and don't care about you!
    African American population- Lets vote democrat despite the fact that studies show most of us are socially conservative.

End Result- Still at the bottom of socioeconomic conditions
    Truthfully, I'm not sure when the black vote went democrat or why. I suspect it was way before the Reverends without Churches showed up.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

The "republicans" who fought to end slavery also waged a war to assert the dominance of the federal government over the states. This just in, parties change.
    It was the republicans that passed the civil rights act...
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Couldn't it just be that the entire EU has half the GDP per capita compared to the US?
    You're wrong: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...PP)_per_capita
    Adjusted by purchasing power parity. That means they adjust for cost of living.

When comparing costs of health care, there is no adjustment for PPP. The metric usually used is cost per person (absolute).

A more appropriate metric would be % GDP spent on healthcare. But like I said before, maybe Americans are just unhealthy, increasing health care costs as well as reducing average life expectancy. Most health care isn't a cure, its just a band aid or stop gap for the ailing.

I would like to reiterate:

The amount of ignorance on confounding factors in this thread is too damn high.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I hear if you just list stuff that may or may not be an important factor its an argument.
    I haven't seen you yet list hard evidence to support your assertions either.

Especially hand wavy statements like:

Well better pick the systems that spend the least and get the most then. Oh wait that single payer.
    The exact statement my logic assertion was criticizing.

Let me reiterate for you: "Just because single payer 'works' in other countries doesn't mean that it would work in the US. There are confounding factors such as GDP per capita and lifestyle so you can't just assert single payer is more effective than US's current healthcare system."

I'm trying to figure out how a nonprofit organization legally turned a profit...
    A nonprofit organization (US and UK),is an organization that uses surplus revenues to achieve its goals rather than distributing them as profit or dividends.

While not-for-profit organizations are permitted to generate surplus revenues, they must be retained by the organization for its self-preservation, expansion, or plans.

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    Truthfully, I'm not sure when the black vote went democrat or why. I suspect it was way before the Reverends without Churches showed up.
    It was when a President named Lyndon Baines Johnson decided to enact the Civil Rights Act. That's when you see the major party restructuring.

15+ Year Old Account
    You say this like it is relevant to what i posted...

Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

lawl history fail

Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    15 pages to get to the tin-foil hat portion of the discussion?

Well, I think things are improving around here. Usually takes less time.
    Doesn't change the fact that if the public exchanges can't provide it will trigger a socialized medicine system that was conveniently included.

Reminds me of a picture i saw.

Breaking Bad - Canada edition.

You have cancer, treatment starts in one week.

End.

Look, more anti-Obama propaganda. Who would have thought...!?
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

lawl history fail
    You're on a computer with access to google.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    You think that's a country you want to live in?
    As opposed to one where government effectively confiscates the resources and efforts of private citizens by forcing them into providing a service under the government's terms? Absolutely.

15+ Year Old Account
    Adjusted by purchasing power parity. That means they adjust for cost of living.

When comparing costs of health care, there is no adjustment for PPP. The metric usually used is cost per person (absolute).

A more appropriate metric would be % GDP spent on healthcare. But like I said before, maybe Americans are just unhealthy, increasing health care costs as well as reducing average life expectancy. Most health care isn't a cure, its just a band aid or stop gap for the ailing.
    by %GDP? Ok: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...PP)_per_capita

Quote Originally Posted by Aleros View Post
    Republicans fought hard to end slavery and Jim Crow so they could deport all black people back to Africa because America was a white nation.
    You do know that until Clinton the democrats were hard pressed on oppressing african americans right? It wasn't until Clinton that they realized they'd need the african american vote to have any power and that's when they promoted black rights. Republicans weren't the people behind slavery, it was the opposite during that time. It has nothing to do with being a white nation.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleros View Post
    Republicans fought hard to end slavery and Jim Crow so they could deport all black people back to Africa because America was a white nation.
    Is that why they also strode to provide them with voting rights via the 13th and 14th amendment following the civil war? Logic?

1860s Republicans- Lets give them the right to vote even though we plan to deport them sooner or later.

Logic?

It was when a President named Lyndon Baines Johnson decided to enact the Civil Rights Act. That's when you see the major party restructuring.
    I would have guessed it was prior to that by a bit, 1910 era and Wilson.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    Don't give me that self-righteous bullshit, you fucking hypocrite. You're spending money on an internet connection so you can spend time on the internet high atop your human dignity high horse, time and money that could be used, regardless of any other work or financial contributions you make, for the good of people worse off than you.
    The hell are you going on about? You don't know me at all, or who I am. You have nothing to stand on but a knee-jerk reaction to comment on the degree to which I help other people.

That you apparently rate the continued accumulation of luxuries as a "right" that would surpass giving aid to someone in need is what I find disgusting about your argument.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.