Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    You still have that? Like been doing this shi non-stop looking for the dumb gem or trying to trade it -.-
    Yea, it's in my stash right now. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Which works equally well with just a minor addition of the respective damages. As long as you crit. Right?
    If it were minor cold/fire/electric dmg, no. No it would not work equally well. The ability to effect those debuffs depends on the amount of damage you deal relative to mob's HP.

For example, if you had a "adds 2-4 fire damage" ring your attacks would deal extra fire damage as stated. But even with a critical strike it wouldn't be enough to set some mobs on fire.

The advantages of Elemental Hit are: 1. all damage types in 1 roll 2. ranged, unarmed and melee use 3. consistent scaling 4. modifiers to weapon elemental damage and generic elemental damage increase Elemental Hit further.

Realistically you won't be able to ignite a target with just a minor amount of fire damage added. You could if you were running a Fire based aura, like Anger. Or Wrath or hatred, ex.

Added BLANK elemental type support gems would work as well if they were tied to the skill. Which increase the mana per use cost exponentially.

10+ Year Old Account
    A bit surprised by how strong Rain of Arrows is. I'm curious, what support gems would be best to augment it?

Faster Projectiles, Faster Attacks and Increased Area of Effect or Concentrated Effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Faster Projectiles, Faster Attacks and Increased Area of Effect or Concentrated Effect.
    or weapon elemental damage instead of FP? (I'm not playing bowie as main, but having a variety won't hurt)
    Last edited by Shadowsz; 2013-02-01 at 07:44 AM.

Nah. Weapon Elemental Damage wouldn't be worth it really. Unless you were adding an elemental type to the RoA. RoA is by default a physical attack.

Phys -> ele conversion would work with WED but if you aren't already slotted for that the net gain in minimal.

Will also mention 1 thing, now that we were talking about elemental damage.

Added lightning damage (or what it name was) support gem will give a chance to shock mobs on crits (Stacks 3 times, increasing damage or something), witch could be usefull. I will use it for my frostnova I think. So basicly my frostnova would be inn a 4-linked item; Frostnova - Faster Casting (Faster you cast more chance to proc) - Increased critical strikes (More crit, more stacks) - Lightning damage (Shock)

On another note, hate how many gems are basicly nothing worth and things like Reduced mana/Chain support gems are really hard to get. GGG should have made much better drops rates on spells and questes should be giving out spells alot more often. Ive been lucky to get some decent trades, but without a few crucial gems the build will continue to suck. And by now I have like 15 gems that just wont sell even trough I tried spam trade channel last 2 days or so.

Also, if anyone knows good lvling places for cruel difficulty do say Dense area with slow moving melee mobs prefferd.

Edit: Nothing better than Ledge inn act1, Felshrine ruins inn act2 and Docks inn act3 ?
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2013-02-01 at 08:22 AM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Nightelf:

Furthermore, you guys are crazy if you are fighting through the pyramid. Nobody does that, takes too long! You run pass every zone except the ones for farming: Ledge, Fellshrine, Western Forest, Docks, Sarn-C. :P
    I should probably bookmark that or something...

But, I don't know if that applies to Cruel or not but either way, I'm on cruel now and I've been farming Ledge and it's giving me a lot of xp and a few rares too, it's pretty easy to kill everything in there and it's straight forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    On another note, hate how many gems are basicly nothing worth and things like Reduced mana/Chain support gems are really hard to get. GGG should have made much better drops rates on spells and questes should be giving out spells alot more often. Ive been lucky to get some decent trades, but without a few crucial gems the build will continue to suck. And by now I have like 15 gems that just wont sell even trough I tried spam trade channel last 2 days or so.

Also, if anyone knows good lvling places for cruel difficulty do say Dense area with slow moving melee mobs prefferd.

Edit: Nothing better than Ledge inn act1, Felshrine ruins inn act2 and Docks inn act3 ?
    The areas Fencers posted ( Majad's response ) are the only others besides what you mentioned.

What gems are you specifically looking for? Are you in Hardcore or Softcore? I might have some spares in both, depending on what you need.

Deleted
    Stupidly weak at the start to the point of useless.

Stupidly powerful late game to point of game breaking.
    Would this be a normal summoner witch build you're talking about? (i.e. I can google any summoner build), or is it a specific one?

Also, I'm a bit sad with the prices of the microtransactions store. I don't mind buying skins etc. for games, but these are really really expensive. I guess they did the math and put the prices at the right point, but in my case, I would have bought some if they were cheaper, and now I didn't buy any.
    Last edited by mmoc933021f019; 2013-02-01 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I remembered, is it worth even getting that gem assuming I'm going for Resolute Technique?

And, I really wish zones would reset faster... <.<

Waiting on Mud Flats to reset, someone I grouped with, for Fetid Pools, had cleared everything there and now I gota wait. :d
    I'm surprised someone hasn't pointed it out already but you can create a new map of an area by ctrl clicking the entrance

Quote Originally Posted by Xigor View Post
    What gems are you specifically looking for? Are you in Hardcore or Softcore? I might have some spares in both, depending on what you need.
    I still need alot for my end-build; (Not hardcore, EU) Reduced mana, Phase run (Skill, did it make it to open beta?), Increased Duration, Faster casting, Greater projectiles and I think a few more, but thoes are the main things now - Especially Reduced mana support gem, so I can use it together with my aura's for a future lucky 4-linked item. Aura's take SOOO much of you're mana that I struggle with mana regen now under clarity, even trough I only use skils around level 8-10

Feel free to PM me anyone if they wanna trade on EU non-HC ;D Got some decent orbs atm that could be a fair trade for few gems. Also got alot off random, some good, gems.

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 11:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    I'm surprised someone hasn't pointed it out already but you can create a new map of an area by ctrl clicking the entrance
    Uhm yea, good to say that now. Someone should get that one frontpage Really not obvious tip, but so very helpfull!
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Can I run this game with 60 FPS on a GeForce GT 330M?

Deleted
    lol

I had no idea. Haven't seen this in the tips either. xD

Thanks! Been randomly waiting like 8 mins to 12 mins before going in to the ledge every time now.... :p

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    lol

I had no idea. Haven't seen this in the tips either. xD

Thanks! Been randomly waiting like 8 mins to 12 mins before going in to the ledge every time now.... :p
    Works from the teleporter as well if the area has a way stone

Deleted
    Managed to convince my husband to play today after I showed him the passive tree and explained how the crafting system and skill gems worked last night... he caved suprisingly fast considering I've been trying to get him to play something that's not league of legends for months :P Now I won't be forever alone, woot.

Deleted
    Works from the teleporter as well if the area has a way stone
    Yeah, it worked, can't believe I could have done this like 2 hours ago.

Allright so I finally played PoE for a couple of hours. Got a lvl 14 fireball/summoner Witch, and a lvl 10 archer Shadow.

My first impressions:

Good:

- The look & feel. This is without a doubt the true sequel to Diablo II.

- The fucking amazing passive skill tree. I don't know how it plays out in end-game, but so far I love it. It truly gives you choices that you have to think about, and the possibilities seem endless. Moreover, beside the respec points you might gain, the choices you make are permanent, which I love.

- The gem system. One of my favourite things about Final Fantasy VII was the Materia system, and it seems PoE has nicely borrowed this great mechanic. I still believe one of D3's greatest mistakes was removing runestones as physical items. And here we have PoE with an even cooler system.

- The health/mana potion system. It's a nice clutter-free evolution from D2's system with a ton of room for added complexity. It's also far, far better than D3's embarassingly crappy and useless potion system.

- The map system. I haven't experienced it yet (too low lvl), but from what I've seen of it it seems like an amazing idea for end-level content. Can't wait to try it out.

Bad:

- Clicking areas are terrible. For example, it's a complete pain to click on a chest while you have 4 of your zombies standing around it. Clicking on exits to other areas aswell as waypoints is also a huge pain. Seems like you have to click exactly on the name, or it often won't work.

- The layover map. It's pretty much a carbon-copy of the D2 map, which was fine at the time, but which seems very outdated nowadays. I would like a slicker, clearer map functionality.

- No offline mode. I bitched about it with D3, so it's only fair that I bitch about it with PoE. I get the whole hackers argument, but at the end of the day it's still an inconvenience to have to wait in line for overloaded servers at peak hour when I want to play single-player anyway. Not a huge deal, though, I can live with always-online.

- Vendors and currency. Selling junk seems like a huge pain, though this is likely something that will be improved as the Beta moves forward. The idea of having no gold as currency seems good, but it causes quite a lot of clutter with the multiple badly-stacking currencies

- No chat "lounge". One of the most requested features in D3 is also sadly not present in PoE. The bulletin board method to join pugs is a small step in the right direction, but I hop they plan on adding a real lounge with channels, avatars, and most importantly, a clickable gem.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    - No offline mode. I bitched about it with D3, so it's only fair that I bitch about it with PoE. I get the whole hackers argument, but at the end of the day it's still an inconvenience to have to wait in line for overloaded servers at peak hour when I want to play single-player anyway. Not a huge deal, though, I can live with always-online.
    I doubt the game will ever have an ofline mode and quite rightly so as it's a f2p game...if they ever add a offline mode you'll need to pay for the game regardless

Deleted

- The layover map. It's pretty much a carbon-copy of the D2 map, which was fine at the time, but which seems very outdated nowadays. I would like a slicker, clearer map functionality.
    About the layover map. I was a bit annoyed with it, as in better-lit areas, you don't really see the map well. Only yesterday I discovered...the cornermap!
    Click options->UI, enable corner map. Put it so that it's not transparent at all, and it really works wonders =)

- Vendors and currency. Selling junk seems like a huge pain, though this is likely something that will be improved as the Beta moves forward. The idea of having no gold as currency seems good, but it causes quite a lot of clutter with the multiple badly-stacking currencies
    Almost immune to inflation due to being consumable so in that respect it's far superior to gold, if they change how they stack and what not I have no idea but it's a minor inconvenience.

- No chat "lounge". One of the most requested features in D3 is also sadly not present in PoE. The bulletin board method to join pugs is a small step in the right direction, but I hop they plan on adding a real lounge with channels, avatars, and most importantly, a clickable gem.
    Chats are very basic at the moment so hope they will improve on them over time, think they said they where looking at some type of guild system down the line as well so guessing chat work could come hand in hand with that.