Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Don't know if this counts as a bug... but in Wrath I used to drop http://www.wowhead.com/item=40536/explosive-decoy around low level horde zones, and killed several low level players when they went to kill it thinking it was a critter. This also worked in starting areas, eg you could kill people who were not flagged.

- Arathi Basin early start exploit
    - Pretty much all mount jumping throught mose of WotLk
    - Wall and Levitate walking

Still missing those days, where jumping out of lava in molten core resulted in druids staying in aquatic form. Nothing better than having 6-8 druids swimming around midair right in front of ragnaros

10+ Year Old Account
    The instant re-spawn of Whiptail herbs in Uldum.

Some that happened during my play time(Started in 3.0.8):
    -Ensidia Saronite Bombs
    -Retlol bug in 4.3 with Seals
    -ADDINATIONAL INSTANCES CANNOT BE LAUNCHED haunted me for many weeks, missed out on 2 BHs on my main during Cata
    -Powershot has a -90% miss chance by default. I was testing this on my friend in duel, he was SITTING still and I did like 5 Powershots, none hit the target(no miss/dodge/parry or nothing)
    -4.0.1 in ICC as a Warlock, Destruction was OP as fuck, then 4.0.3 nerfed Destruction by a flat 18% lol
    -Mage soloing a Quarter of Naxx with the spellsteal-able shield from a mob
    -Yogg Saron +0 exploit with Warlocks using Drain Soul to not gain any Insanity
    -Vashj'ir quests bugged at Cata launch, so many got fucked trying to get Server Firsts xD
    -Super Wand during MoP beta, casters doing super damage with it lol
    -Instance Servers crashing at MoP launch, my dung team got in while like 3 other teams were locked to Loading Screen bug

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Some that happened during my play time(Started in 3.0.8):
    -Ensidia Saronite Bombs
    -Retlol bug in 4.3 with Seals
    -ADDINATIONAL INSTANCES CANNOT BE LAUNCHED haunted me for many weeks, missed out on 2 BHs on my main during Cata
    -Powershot has a -90% miss chance by default. I was testing this on my friend in duel, he was SITTING still and I did like 5 Powershots, none hit the target(no miss/dodge/parry or nothing)
    -4.0.1 in ICC as a Warlock, Destruction was OP as fuck, then 4.0.3 nerfed Destruction by a flat 18% lol
    -Mage soloing a Quarter of Naxx with the spellsteal-able shield from a mob
    -Yogg Saron +0 exploit with Warlocks using Drain Soul to not gain any Insanity
    -Vashj'ir quests bugged at Cata launch, so many got fucked trying to get Server Firsts xD
    -Super Wand during MoP beta, casters doing super damage with it lol
    -Instance Servers crashing at MoP launch, my dung team got in while like 3 other teams were locked to Loading Screen bug
    That was wrath not cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite one was during Vanilla having a raid member get Living Bomb from Baron Geddon in MC and him getting warlock ported to the center of the IF AH back when it was the only AH so it was always extremely crowded. xD good times!

Also the instant repsawn rate of sheep critters in Uldum at the beginning of cata, me and a fellow guildy spent an hour and a half AOEing them to easily obtain the critter kill squad achieve and unlocked the armadillo pet way before it was even possible for someone to have enough rep to buy it.
    Last edited by Starscreamer; 2013-02-01 at 04:56 PM.

Deleted
    There was an evil bug at start of cata in vash.
    A fish you had to kill several of for a quest done a bite type debuff that done damage every 3 seconds, sadly the debuff didn't wear off.
    So couldn't do anything except die.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    That was wrath not cata.
    It happened during Cata also, many people on my server had it for weeks

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    It happened during Cata also, many people on my server had it for weeks
    Never heard nor seen it happen in cata. Nor can I find anything in google about it happening in cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    My personal favourite was last year when Ret's seals were bugged, causing enormous dps and pretty much auto-kill if you used Divine Storm and Seal of Righteousness together.

02/02/2012, never forget.

Deleted
    "Additional instances cannot be launched"
    Got to go for this one for the most annoying one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post
    "Additional instances cannot be launched"
    Got to go for this one for the most annoying one.
    I remember I even quit playing for a few weeks when that bug was around. It was just so annoying.

Warrior rampage bug anyone?
    http://youtu.be/zU82JNpZErQ

Also u could get burning adrenaline from vael and use heartstone to teleport and blow urself between ppl (haven't tried this one)

Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    I remember in one of the TBC prepatches (may have been PTR) Warriors could stack Rampage infinitely by buffing it, zoning, buffing it again, zoning etc. I tried this, it was great fun to one-shot Lethon with like 3million AP.
    This is the one that came to mind for me. I remember a video of a warrior one-shotting his way through all of MC. I also remember an emergency server shutdown to have it fixed.

10k+ crits were pretty fucking big in vanilla. This one might fall more under "creative use of game mechanics" than exploiting, but it is still awesome. Rogues with the old Gnomish Mind Control Cap could have a lot of fun.

Also,

- Mages blinking through the gate and capping nodes in AB/Eye of the Storm before the BG actually started.
    - That shit hunters could do in AV where they were able to cap flags from like 20 yards away.
    - Warrior rampage bug where you could stack it up and get retarded amounts of AP.
    - Prot pally bug where they stacked up that one ability (can't remember what it was) and solo'd Doom Lord Kazzak.
    - Wall jumping in vanilla.
    - Karazhan crypts.
    - Warlocks enslaving Brutallus on the Isle in BC (that one got hotfixed pretty quick).

- In BoT, right at the entrance, there was a corner where you could fall through the world. I found this completely by accident because I was running circles around while waiting for the rest of my raid group to get there once. I found that if I timed a heroic leap correctly, I could land on "solid" ground and actually run around on a big white background.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2013-06-16 at 03:32 PM.

reflective shield exploit
    the shield return damage didnt cause any aggro
    on a boss like sarth3d, a guild didnt kill trash or any of the 3 dragons, they spent a long time for the reflective shield to do damage to sarth via stepping in lava and killed him easily to get the kill

Deleted
    Wallwalking in vanilla. Best shit ever. Was funny as fuck to get to random places or places that were still in development by runining up 90 degree walls Sad they fixed that

corrupted blood plague
    walljumping into the uncompleted hyjal area

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post

10k+ crits were pretty fucking big in vanilla. This one might fall more under "creative use of game mechanics" than exploiting, but it is still awesome.
    I loved the open world PvP in vanilla. All the engineering bombs and fruits or whatever you wanna call it for extra healing pots <3 You could do so cool stuff with all of that.