Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's pretty pathetic, Boston losing to Buffalo of all teams. If they can't beat Buffalo, they might have trouble with the Leafs because even they can beat Buffalo.

Good win by the Leafs, it's amusing to see a team who was once considered a threat in the East, failing so miserably. Kessel can't seem to get a break with scoring a goal, he even missed the empty net!

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    As a (completely depressed) Toronto Maple Leafs fan, I cannot ever cheer for the Canadiens, and I don't really care for the Canucks. I will be cheering for upsets everywhere... except the Habs' series.
    The sens are always looking for more fans... It so hard being a sens fan in TO.

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 02:49 AM ----------

Isnt boston winning the division? I know we are only like 6 games in.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jay Bouwmeester playing like hes almost worth 6.6m these last couple games, good to see.

Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    Remember when the leafs had a big shot D man.. who could actually hit the net. Miss you Mccabe
    Ah yes the the worst of the Muskoka five. Really you miss that? If anything you should miss Sundin. Sundin and kessel would be scary good

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalatica View Post
    The sens are always looking for more fans... It so hard being a sens fan in TO.

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 02:49 AM ----------

Isnt boston winning the division? I know we are only like 6 games in.
    Probably because no one is crazy enough to cheer for a team that has never won the Stanley Cup under the current version of the NHL, and last won Lord Stanley's mug in 1923 before being dissolved as a franchise, didn't last long either.

didnt boston win in 2011? or am i missing something(most likely)

10+ Year Old Account
    He's referring to the Ottawa team from the early 1900s.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1923_Stanley_Cup_playoffs
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Incredible how our shitty D can just throw a game to a team that didn't deserve to win. 1 weak goal from Kiprusoff, 1 completely awful give away by Butler, another goal where Butler and Sarich have their fucking back to the wide open eventual goal scorer, and that terrible abomination of a penalty call added ontop of shitty defensive coverage on the penalty kill. So frustrating to see your team lose and safely say it was 1 defense tandem's fault. Welp, back to the fucking press box with you Chris Butler, fucking shoot yourself you blind idiot.

Deleted
    Hahaha! 2 fast goals and Sharks are up 2-0 against Oilers

Has anyone ever killed themselves over how bad their hockey team is? Or would I be the first?

Thanks Flames!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Has anyone ever killed themselves over how bad their hockey team is? Or would I be the first?

Thanks Flames!
    if Cubs fans can survive then anyone can

Deleted
    And Eberle ties it 2-2 Sharks are loosing if they keep playing like this :/

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    if Cubs fans can survive then anyone can
    Yeah but the beer at wrigley is cheaper than the dome.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Well look at that, we finally win a shootout and SK actually discovered where the net was. Peks looked much better, and the 3rd period of this game has been one of the most fun to watch that I've seen in a while.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Thanks Flames!
    First year in this recent playoff drought that Kipper has looked really weak so far. PA Parenteau goal had me scratching my head and honestly the 4-3 goal was pretty lame too. Hudler was fucking awesome tonight, really shows how good of an organization Detriot is. Guy has brought some talent to our lineup that we haven't seen on our squad in recent years. I am greatful for our offseason acquisitions but the old rusty parts cost us the game tonight. Specifically, Butler and Sarich together. You know what the long term solution is? Trading Inginla and 'Death for Seth'. Honestly, the Flames don't even look that bad. I don't think we need a full rebuild because of the way they've just been throwing old parts in a rusted engine.

The first step is getting rid of Inginla. Kipper and Jarome are expensive as hell and when their contracts end, I doubt we resign them. Pretty sure Mikka will just go back to Finland after next season and we need to get rid of Iggy before it's too late. He becomes a UFA at the end of this year and that means we don't get anyone for him. Cammalerri is another guy they should look at moving too. He comes with a mega contract of 6 grand and you will never get that return. He needs to step it up because he isn't playing like a top 6 forward right now or last season. Trading those 2 guys will at least give us some more building blocks to go with. I don't see them getting much out of a trade for Kiprusoff since he looks very weak this year and with Luongo on the market as well for a similar price. There is several goalie prospects in the system especially with Kari Ramo in the KHL which I think is their Kipper successor plan. The future isn't that far away my friend, I don't think it's such a major rebuild like Edmonton more like a quick turnaround like Ottawa is doing.

If you look at our current team without Inginla at least, Hudler, Tanguay, Cervenka (so far), Backlund, Glenncross, Baertschi (hopefully?) are all top 6 forwards. You can get bottom 6 forwards without doing much and we stick with Stempniak on the 3rd, Jackman, Jones and just fill in the 3rd/4th line. Our top 4 D are not too bad right now, but the final pair has been awful. We have Bouwmeester for 2 more years, and I bet we resign him for a way lower price which would be great. Giordano is looking at a long career here, Wideman until this new contract he signed with us ends at least. I think you can put T.J. Brodie in there as he keeps improving but maybe not a top 4 guy - at least not right now. After all of that, the thing we need the most is a goalie for the future. I feel like they should be taking a run at Jonathon Bernier. We don't even know if Kari Ramo is gonna be good or not since he's playing in the KHL so it would be a good idea to get some strength in net. If any of our prospect goalies (Irving(maybe not), Ramo, Brossiot, Gilles) turn out to be really good then that just gives us another chip for the future.

Then there's the future, more specifically: Mark Jankowski, Johnny Gaudreau, Patrick Sieloff, Max Reinhart (when is he ever gonna make his debut), and Sven still. I think if these guys, more specifically the forwards, turn out to be as good as they're projected then we have a really solid chance at having a great youth movement soon. I think the Flames finish low but maybe not quite last for Seth Jones. If we could finish 27th-30th we'd be in good shape for a really great pick. We won't make the playoffs, improving our chances at Seth Jones via lottory possibly. There is no need to be sad my friend, the reinforcements are on the way.

I don't know if you expected us to be good but everyone said we weren't going to be and they're right. For Calgary to make the playoffs this year the following things need to happen; Jarome tears it up, Kipper has as good if not better year than last, Cammalarri needs to cure his stone hands, our secondary scoring needs to improve a lot, and the weak defense needs to step up. (top 4 have so far this year imo). Yeah we suck but we only suck because certain players aren't as good as they're supposed to be or as much as we pay them to be.

15+ Year Old Account
    Zeoni it just goes to show how little talent that Calgary has if you are that impressed with Hudler...either that or hes having career year...

He's played 2 games because he was on bereavement leave from the team for the first week or 10 days or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    First year in this recent playoff drought that Kipper has looked really weak so far. PA Parenteau goal had me scratching my head and honestly the 4-3 goal was pretty lame too.

Since you brought him up, I just want to say I think Parenteau is one of the most underrated players in the league. Glad to see a decent team finally paying him what he's worth.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but the beer at wrigley is cheaper than the dome.
    I didn't know beer could get more expensive than $7 per.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    I didn't know beer could get more expensive than $7 per.
    http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/...rn=nhl,wp16535