Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Doesn't make any sense, why would 5 man be a raid when definition of a raid is: group of more than 5 players.

This whole thread is rediculous kneejerk supposing and has no basis in reality. This is what happens when *anybody* can access the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edinburgh, Scotland. You know, that place with the castle.
    Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    the thunderforge thing could be trick so they can make the announcement even a bigger suprise about removing 25-man from the game
    Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound?

Blizzard playing such a 'trick' on players would be a massively stupid move to make, and funnily enough, they aren't that idiotic. That would be a surefire way to piss people off and lose subs.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I first read this post, I had the same expression on my face as your avatar.

None of that makes sense. Nothing more then a troll post if I had to guess but in the slight chance you are serious, what makes you think it would be easy to balance gear/mechanics/damage/drops in a 1m or 5m raid?

This deserves to be locked from the very start :P

Amazing sig compliments of Alyajna!

Deleted
    removing a big aspect of a game isn't commonly percieved as a "feature". 25m will certainely not go away before 6.0.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Doesn't make any sense, why would 5 man be a raid when definition of a raid is: group of more than 5 players.
    Because Blizz is trying to get the game more accessable. And 5-man groups are even easier to assemble than 25-mans!

That's the logic they would throw at us if it came to that.

The real reason is just that they wanted to make it so guilds aren't left in the cold. Split your 25-man group into two 10-mans and a 5-man.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

While Ghostcrawler's tweets don't support it, I quietly hope that the "big feature" will finally be separation of abilities into a PvE and a PvP version.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, it is speculation (baseless, but speculation nevertheless) at best, and tin-foil hat theories at worst. There's nothing indicating anything of the sort.

Blizzard went on record time and time again saying there wouldn't be 1-man dungeons. It's a MMORPG, after all. You want 1-man content? Questing is there, at your service.

Also, 5-man "raids"? Why rename "dungeons" to "raids"? What would be so different? A 5-man is a 5-man, even with different mechanics or gimmicks.

So those are your "big exciting features"? Quests, and dungeons? I know, it sounds ridiculous when put this way, but let's be honest: that's exactly what your baseless conjecture comes down to.

Oh, and "maybe/might" do not determine facts. If anything, it displays uncertainty.
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    While Ghostcrawler's tweets don't support it, I quietly hope that the "big feature" will finally be separation of abilities into a PvE and a PvP version.
    The re-introduction of the old Ranking system. MAKE IT HAPPEN!

10+ Year Old Account
    this makes sense because 25-man isn't popular anymore.
    Not long ago there was a poll that clear displayed that 25 is as popular as ever, but from any single perspective which is usually what players look from, there's no point since the reward for doing 25 essentially is less then doing 10. It's the exact same, but you get my point.., or you will do if your raid leading!

I guess you also missed the announcement of higher Thunderforge drops in 25man from 5.2, that can't really fit well into your theory of removing 25?- not to mention, if they ever did remove everything n' made it 5man "raids", you could kiss guilds goodbye which is the fabric holding this game together!

Stupid is as stupid does, and you Mr OP, are as stupid as they come!
    Last edited by Banzhe; 2013-02-01 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    Not long ago there was a poll that clear displayed that 25 is as popular as ever
    A Poll on MMOC, the official forums or where?

I'm justing guessing it was on MMOC, so i wouldn't call other people stupid when i'm trying to prove something with a poll on a fanboard.

Polls on the Internet are no good, aside from sending Justin Bieber to North Korea.

in 5.3 they might remove it, or the thunderforge thing could be trick so they can make the announcement even a bigger suprise about removing 25-man from the game
    Proof is in the pudding. Link / pics / emails... anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    A Poll on MMOC, the official forums or where?

I'm justing guessing it was on MMOC, so i wouldn't call other people stupid when i'm trying to prove something with a poll on a fanboard.
    Oh, right, because people on a fan-site are not playing the game for real. Real player samples can most definitely, and more importantly SOLELY, be taken from the game's official forums.

I'm seeing several 25-man guild recruting on trade every day. Oh wait, that must be a clever ruse, as it wasn't taken from the official forums.

Also, Openraid is going out of business as they have too many fake players, and not enough real players.
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

10+ Year Old Account
    How about just upgrading your 50 year old computer instead of holding back the rest of us

Quote Originally Posted by marthsk View Post
    Oh, right, because people on a fan-site are not playing the game for real. Real player samples can most definitely, and more importantly SOLELY, be taken from the game's official forums.

I'm seeing several 25-man guild recruting on trade every day. Oh wait, that must be a clever ruse, as it wasn't taken from the official forums.

Also, Openraid is going out of business as they have too many fake players, and not enough real players.
    Doesn't really matter where you are doing to Poll, because you will hardly get that much people that seriously vote on this stuff to actually have a real reflection on the opinion of the majority.

10+ Year Old Account
    I laugh at the fact that this would even be suggested...

They're going to have to design 25-man raids for Korea/China anyway. Why would they remove them for US/Europe?

And I have no idea what a 1-man raid is. Is that like when I raided my farm for motes?

10+ Year Old Account
    1 man raiding? So essentially Brawler's Guild with loot?
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

10+ Year Old Account
    id be all for removing 25 mans as long as they remove 10 mans, and consolidate them both into 15 man raids. Honestly made no sense to me why Blizzard never took the middle option instead of vehemently dividing their raiding on two fronts for the same effective reward, time, and dedication.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

OP's avatar was me after reading his post.

It's not going to happen (or at least Blizz isn't planning it like a conspiracy), it would be horrible business to try to 'save' 25 man raiding just to pull it out altogether.