Poll: Would you watch E-Sports if they were on TV?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    GOM TV does this already. I like esports but I probably wouldn't watch it on my tv.

Deleted
    Maybe. Depending on pricing. I have a PC hooked up to my TV already so can watch anything from twitch on it. I might watch some premium games like LoL big-prize-money championships but probably not enough unique stuff I couldn't watch on Twitch to justify paying a subscription cost.

It would not translate well onto TV. The target audience are people mainly on the computer all day. Thus they should keep it on livestreams on the interwebz.

Deleted
    Yes I would. SVT wich is a Swedish television channel had e-sport on their web player during dreamhack, a step in the right direction

No, mainly because it's not a sport, it's just an excuse so fat people can say they are athletes.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. They are a yawn fest mostly. Ratings would be dismal anyway. Also not easy to understand at first.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

I love to watch Starcraft e-sports but the thing is, I watch it on my PC and can do other things so to have to go down stairs to watch it on TV would not be as good imo. The best thing about it atm is that I can watch it and pause it when I want to and just do other things on my PC while it is on and listen in

Deleted
    No, I really can't take such things serious like real sports.

I'd find it more interesting than real sports, though games such as Starcraft etc, I tend to hate. Gears of War/Halo and i'd be good to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd watch it over other sports any time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    No, mainly because it's not a sport, it's just an excuse so fat people can say they are athletes.
    You're stupid, if you look at the e-sports players, most of them aren't fat. Secondly, it is a sport, Chess is an internationally recognised sport but is not athletic.

Don't be so blood close minded, there's more to sports than simple physical activity, it's about teamwork, psychology and strategy.

Yes I would watch them. SC2, LoL, DotA all fun to watch
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    Whats not interesting about women's basketball?
    Do you even have to ask this question?
    *sarcasm* I love watching lanky ugly women running around thinking that what they are doing is entertaining.

But really, try watching an women's basketball game, it is impossible.

Deleted
    I've played CS and UT2K4 on a semi-elite level since about 2002, so I guess that gives me some sort of perspective and insight.

I assume I'd watch games of equal skill requirements, from time to time, but never CoD/BF3/starcraft or the likes.

Quote Originally Posted by Disgustipated View Post
    I've played CS and UT2K4 on a semi-elite level since about 2002, so I guess that gives me some sort of perspective and insight.

I assume I'd watch games of equal skill requirements, from time to time, but never CoD/BF3/starcraft or the likes.
    I don't want this to degrade into which esport is better than the rest, but that's pretty arrogant, put a pro SC player against a noob and the pro will stomp him every time, in FPS's a noob can get a lucky shot off and kill a pro. Bottom line is in order to play competitive level in any game requires a significant amount of skill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koraak View Post
    in FPS's a noob can get a lucky shot off and kill a pro.
    Not in games like Q3/UT, but yes, I know what you mean. It's pretty much the un-official slogan of CS/CoD, though CS revolves about both individual skill and teamplay.

But yeah, seeing as what kind of shit we've got running on TV these days, I bet I'd even watch SC2 stuff.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, I wouldn't

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really watch it on the computer, so I wouldn't on the TV.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Only one I may consider watching is Starcraft since that is the only game I personally consider e-sport worthy.

I used to watch Halo 2 when MLG aired it on TV way back when early in the morning. Now I would just watch a stream.

Not a chance, it's right down there with poker in terms of entertainment value for me.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.