Page 47 of 80 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I did. I said it's ignorant for black people and it's ignorant for white people to do it but half the time they are being insensitive not racist as per my example.
    I'm sorry, I must have missed it. Thank you for answering.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    Then I salute you bro, as you're in the solid and realistic majority of white folks who have no problem with seeing the big picture. You're not a part of the spoiled, over-dramatic, vocal, miniscule, and increasingly irrelevant off-shoot of white society, that engages in "opportunistic outrage", while failing to see the forest for the trees.
    Generalize much? You seem very butthurt.

Infracted.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-02-02 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    ...I don't understand why white people complain about not using on of the most offensive words in the English language while claiming they are not racist. If you are not racist then you shouldn't want to go anywhere the word because it is the epitome of racial slurs used when you want paint someone as subhuman...
    As a white man I'll bite. If you want more social equality then all aspects have to be open to that same equality. I'm a poor white male. I've grown up in a 56% black majority city my whole life. I have many black friends but I learned at an early age that I would never be treated equally among them. This word is one of the reasons why. Even among my best friends who call me nigga I could never reciprocate the gentle ribbing. Because coming from a cracker's mouth the word takes on a different meaning. You can never have equality if things like this keep pulling people down. I am expected to take any form of verbal abuse in stride based on the color of my skin... that's just not right.

White people have more in common with black people then they do with rich people. Instead of copping out on it's a racial issue it should be focused on as purely an economic issue. Rich people are more concerned about keeping their wealth than doing the right thing. The greatest injustice in this country is how the rich people in charge can shift the focus of these real issues into a black and white setting and keep the poor people divided. There are more poor people than rich people... we have the power to enact the change we want to see... we just need to look past petty differences like race.

Maybe I'm babbling but I hope this makes some sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being proud of your race any race is stupid, how can you be proud of something you didn't choose or earn, and the color of one skin should never entitled privilages over others just because of the fact, this means anybody! IMO
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shagina View Post
    Take a trip to Japan. It's very much possible to be racist against white people.
    I had no issues when I was in Japan, it was probably just you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    As a white man I'll bite. If you want more social equality then all aspects have to be open to that same equality. I'm a poor white male. I've grown up in a 56% black majority city my whole life. I have many black friends but I learned at an early age that I would never be treated equally among them. This word is one of the reasons why. Even among my best friends who call me nigga I could never reciprocate the gentle ribbing. Because coming from a cracker's mouth the word takes on a different meaning. You can never have equality if things like this keep pulling people down. I am expected to take any form of verbal abuse in stride based on the color of my skin... that's just not right.

White people have more in common with black people then they do with rich people. Instead of copping out on it's a racial issue it should be focused on as purely an economic issue. Rich people are more concerned about keeping their wealth than doing the right thing. The greatest injustice in this country is how the rich people in charge can shift the focus of these real issues into a black and white setting and keep the poor people divided. There are more poor people than rich people... we have the power to enact the change we want to see... we just need to look past petty differences like race.

Maybe I'm babbling but I hope this makes some sense.
    I don't think you can have equality when it comes to racist terms by just the definition of the the terms. Nigga is widely seen as equaling black, to make the term equal for all races we would have to change how the word is seen and expand it to include everyone. The over all basic etymology of the word has just not caught up to how some people use it and because of that the accepted usage of it by groups of people is limited. ( I love threads where I can use fancy words)

For the second part of your post this is something I would talk about during this past election. You would see a lot of code words going around that made people think "Oh, they are not talking about us but those other races", when in fact they were. It was a play on race to cover up the fact the biggest issue are more about the haves vs the have nots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    You surely have guts ill give you that.
    It comes with being right.

You provided a link. It referred to a book. You said that was the reason behind black white tests score gap.
    I never said it was the only reason, and if you read my posts like you should be doing, I said to Ebildays that SES plays a bigger part.

Which that article also said.

Don't straw man. And thank God you've leaving this debate, your incredibly racist education system ideas were repugnant.

This is where i realized this article is pure garbage.
    The subconscious is a proven part of psychology. Most institutionalised racism is subconscious.

could you please give an example of a "black question" then an example of a "white question" because i want to see the difference, cut the bullshit and show us one of each questions as an example
    I am not legally allowed to get hold of SAT questions for VERY obvious reasons!
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

4-5 years ago I was out of work living in South City St. Louis. I was an engineer at my previous job and the company had been sold out and everyone who worked there lost their jobs. After a few months of looking for a comparable job, I realized I had to have something or I wasn't going to be able to eat, so I started applying everywhere including fast food places. I asked the manager at the Taco Bell 2 blocks from my house for an application. The manager(black male) told me to get my cracker ass out of his store because he doesn't hire white people. I told him he had a white girl hiring working the drive thru, he responded with that's cause she only fucks black guys.

Racism exists both ways, and many times can be way worse for white people. Remember the Trayvon Martin case? That same day that happened, there was also an incident where 2-3 black teenagers killed a white male teenager for being a white boy. Even public announcing it. Yet it never made the news that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bling View Post
    4-5 years ago I was out of work living in South City St. Louis. I was an engineer at my previous job and the company had been sold out and everyone who worked there lost their jobs. After a few months of looking for a comparable job, I realized I had to have something or I wasn't going to be able to eat, so I started applying everywhere including fast food places. I asked the manager at the Taco Bell 2 blocks from my house for an application. The manager(black male) told me to get my cracker ass out of his store because he doesn't hire white people. I told him he had a white girl hiring working the drive thru, he responded with that's cause she only fucks black guys.

Racism exists both ways, and many times can be way worse for white people. Remember the Trayvon Martin case? That same day that happened, there was also an incident where 2-3 black teenagers killed a white male teenager for being a white boy. Even public announcing it. Yet it never made the news that day.
    Can you show me the link to that story because it had to make some type of news for you to know about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    Here in Belgium you are actually able to get a house faster from the OCMW if you're not white so i believe that argument s untrue. Why is it not equatable? White people still get killed in south africa because they're white.

---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 03:28 PM ----------

I'm just flabbergasted by the people who believe you can't be racist against white people or that "it's not the same".
    thats not just true in belgium. in todays workforce the last hired person is a white male because bussinesses have to fill there "anti racism quota" so for example, a black woman, is all but an automatic hire, even if she is less skilled then say a white male. sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    Generalize much? You seem very butthurt.
    Just to demonstrate for everyone that you don't know what a generalization IS, and that you've demonstrated your own "butt-hurt" by knee-jerking and reflexively making a copy-n-paste response, here is my post again:

Then I salute you bro, as you're in the solid and realistic majority of white folks who have no problem with seeing the big picture. You're not a part of the spoiled, over-dramatic, vocal, miniscule, and increasingly irrelevant off-shoot of white society, that engages in "opportunistic outrage", while failing to see the forest for the trees.

Next time, develop that reading comprehension before you respond to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just to demonstrate for everyone that you don't know what a generalization IS, and that you've demonstrated your own "butt-hurt" by knee-jerking and reflexively making a copy-n-paste response, here is my post again:
    Next time, develop that reading comprehension before you respond to me.
    I have to laugh that you specified that it wasn't a generalised, universal and absolute claim and that you are reasonably infuriated with a minority of people for good reasons and the first response is "omg ur rasist!!!!!"
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    thats not just true in belgium. in todays workforce the last hired person is a white male because bussinesses have to fill there "anti racism quota" so for example, a black woman, is all but an automatic hire, even if she is less skilled then say a white male. sad but true.
    You know, I'd actually like to see evidence that this is the case. I see a lot of shameless projection from (a small number of) idiotic whites who (going by their specific language) generally view non-white applicants as being part of a "quota", instead of simply being more skilled. (Which is a hilarious and unintentional example of "some" white people's entitlement complex.) But very little evidence that this is actually the case. At least to the degree that they like to make it seem. Despite their attempts to make sound "oh so common", it really just comes across as desperate well-wishing and a pathetic attempt to rationalize the fact that they lost out to a non-white app. A fate worse than death for some whites.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try living in an 80% mexican(60% legally here), 10% black immigrant, neighborhood when you are white. did this for 5 years in San Jose, CA. Was constantly treated like crap, harassed, tires slashed, sugar in the gas tank, and neighbors trying to blast us out with TV and music to make us move.
    Yes you can suffer racism being white.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, I'd actually like to see evidence that this is the case. I see a lot of shameless projection from (a small number of) idiotic whites who (going by their specific language) generally view non-white applicants as being part of a "quota", instead of simply being more skilled. (Which is a hilarious and unintentional example of "some" white people's entitlement complex.) But very little evidence that this is actually the case. At least to the degree that they like to make it seem. Despite their attempts to make sound "oh so common", it really just comes across as desperate well-wishing and a pathetic attempt to rationalize the fact that they lost out to a non-white app. A fate worse than death for some whites.
    The U.S. Department of Labor would like a word with you. http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/hiring/affirmativeact.htm

If you don't believe any hiring decisions are based on affirmative action or are otherwise "diversity-based", you are lying to yourself. Yes, there is whining from those who believe they lost jobs to "non-whites", without actual knowledge of whether the hiring decision was race based. The whining is at least as loud by minorities when they are "underrepresented". Government positions, fortune 500 executives, sports head coaches, you know you've heard it... It's always factored in how many "new hires" are minorities.

I'd like to see the day when all job apps, loan apps, college apps, etc.. don't have boxes to check for one group or another. Merit, people, merit.

Let's be intellectually honest please.
    Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suf-fer-ing. Yoda

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again, the predominant people in power are white, so what they consider "merit" is vastly more culturally based rather than objective. It's not an argument until we find some sort of objective qualities that appeal to all humans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    Once again, the predominant people in power are white, so what they consider "merit" is vastly more culturally based rather than objective. It's not an argument until we find some sort of objective qualities that appeal to all humans.
    The job defines what "merit" is. Who is more qualified for that particular job position, given the particular skills required (whether intellectual, physical, creative, or a combination of any/all of them). Don't sidestep into cultural mumbo jumbo. Can you solve the equation better than the other guy? Can you design a better high rise? Can you weld a better seam? You merit the job. You get the job.
    Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suf-fer-ing. Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by yellowgore View Post
    The job defines what "merit" is. Who is more qualified for that particular job position, given the particular skills required (whether intellectual, physical, creative, or a combination of any/all of them). Don't sidestep into cultural mumbo jumbo. Can you solve the equation better than the other guy? Can you design a better high rise? Can you weld a better seam? You merit the job. You get the job.
    If only thats how it was =\

Deleted
    Of course it is you idiotic cretin, you can be racist to anyone who's a part of a race. I.E. FUCKING EVERYONE.

People just get too butthurt when most stuff is lighthearted, but it shouldn't be allowed if someone's saying it purely to hurt someones feelings or for a bad reason.

Yes, I know I'll be infracted for this post.
    But all of you were thinking it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowgore View Post
    And entry jobs? I feel this answer is rather limited. Have you ever applied for a job? Even with a degree in accounting, you have to learn skills to work for some companies.

No no, I think you're trying to sidestep a blatantly obvious and documented subconscious racism and pretend "merit" is some sort of objective goal.

I have more issues with whites getting jobs/places at uni because their Dad works at a company/went there as hugely offensive than AA, which balances that behaviour out.