Poll: Have you attempted heroic raids this expansion?

Thread: Heroic Raiding

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    1) I havent experienced all the heroic content yet.. Lol i havent even experienced all the normal content yet.

2) I never said EVERY boss encounter is easy, thus nullifying everything you said because you write on the premise and judgement of me that you think, I think that all heroic encounters are easy.

3) With blizzards track record, I have no reason to doubt that the future content of this game will be easy. Just because you have a difficult time with something, doesn't mean others will.

4) You made no point, only continue to make a fool of yourself with your baseless arguments.
    What is baseless?

You linked us a severely undergeared character who's barely done anything in terms of progression.

Everyone post you stated implied you find all the content easy.

Just because I have a hard time, others find it easy? 143 guilds downing Sha of Fear.

Once more.

Say.

Hi.

Your posts, due to your past representation of yourself, and even present, are why I have responded in this manner.

And due to the fact you continued to become rude with your posts, the behavior was reflected right back.

Since you won't budge, and can't see the evidence you yourself put out there for any of us to use, along with the fact WoWprogress says only 140+ guilds have downed all content, I have no more purpose arguing with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Some are easy, I totally agree.

But some fight are hard, at least we find them hard, so let me know once you experience more of the HC contents.

1 thing to clarify though, the 3 bosses you downed with them, were they progression boss or were they farm boss? What is their current progression boss?
    Well we just started to do heroic modes pretty recently (before I got there), and we are 5/16H so far. We are focusing on HoF currently.

joins new guild.
    kills a couple of the easier bosses that said guild has had on farm.
    suddenly jaylock is extremely skilled.
    Watch out for his epeen it may only be ilvl 482 but he got mad skillz yo
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

Quote Originally Posted by isadorr View Post
    I agree with some of this but there is no one in my guild that cares about heroic dungrons, challenge modes and exalted factions, just rep that we needed for gear at the beginning. Just because something is easy doesnt mean it will interest someone especially as he is in heroic progression which is a time sink at first, so why would anyone care about the trivial shit that doesnt award loot, the loot/gear, that is nothing compared to the heroic tier and gear he would be getting in raids.

Progression guilds that push hard arent going to care as much about armor changes from challenge mode, or rep that doesnt award anything but a mount, heroic dungeons which are a waste to begin with, they invest enough time in heroic progression. Once heroic content is cleared then yes if really bored then some may pursue some of that but most take time off raiding once a week along with a alt run.
    I agree with you, actually.

Just note I said the Dungeon and Challenge Mode comments in terms of actual difficulty (Heroics aren't difficult LOL, I mean Challenge Modes) and content for the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    Only gonna do LFR this expansion. Been too disappointed by a bunch of guilds always trying but never going anywhere. Always poor direction, nobody ever showing up on time, never prepped for raid, and too many primadonna's. Just so damn frustrating to the point were I simply don't even wanna look for a real raiding guild anymore. And I sure as Hell don't want to start my own guild and manage that wide awake nightmare.

If it wasn't for LFR I don't know if I would even be playing or not.
    If you are a decent player, join a raiding guild. Every guild will have some drama but the better guilds are about progression and anything that slows progression is taken care of quickly. It sounds like you have been in a lot of casual/social guilds that want to use the name of raiding guild or progression guild which is a constant right to do both effeciently and quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    13/16 HC - Protectors, Tsulong and Sha will, hopefully, die the next 2-3 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by sunxsera View Post
    So Lei Shi is easier than the first 2?

Huh. Kinda would've figured as much.

Well we just started to do heroic modes pretty recently (before I got there), and we are 5/16H so far. We are focusing on HoF currently.
    As far as heroic boss difficulties, I have learned that in progression raiding it depends on what strengths your raid group has. If you have beast dps then you can walk through some encounters simply by over powering it, if you have great healing then less people die and at times there is forgiveness for making mistakes that would sometimes kill you but the great healer saved you and of course tanks, Tanks are what allow you to do great dps and not have to wait to hit something, our guilds tanks are beasts and once they have something, they have it, period. Really good raiding guilds have all of these aspects while some others may one have one of these making certain encounters harder.

Look at your raid group numbers and change out people if you have to, or pull them aside and talk to them, help them, and if you have to, switch them out. If you have progression there will be people looking to join the guild. If you just look at numbers and not worry about the social aspect as much or hurting someones feelings, progression becomes much much easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sunxsera View Post
    Same boat here.

Spent 2 nights on Protector so far, down to 40% at best, by that time everyone have near 9 stacks and boss is taking so much damage buff from mini Sha's, and if 1 interupt go through at this time it is like massive damage, but hopefully we will get it on Sunday. Tsulong I have heard horror stories about it, not looking forward to it. Sha, also only heard about it, and why the people who downed it really deserved a "Fearless" title.

And yes Lei Shi is the easiest boss in ToES, easier than Empress as well. All her mechanics got some enchancement to it, plus 1 new mechanics that people too far from her will build a stacking debuff that takes themselves and target nearby (including Lei Shi) takes more damage, so you stack it right up in a rotation and make her take extra damage all the time to catch enrage timer. The push back is now stronger (harder to move), do more damage. Add phrase now spawn 4-5 adds instead of 3-4 adds. Very doable, we downed it the next night after we got Empress down.

@jaylock
    1 have you progressed any bosses or simply just been dragged along kills?
    2 you are either of these two personalities: Troll or simply an

Difficult for you maybe, but so far from what i've seen, they are laughably easy.
    ignorant
    1) I have not raided HC since TBC
    2) Thats how a person breaks away from the mediocre normal mode raiding scene into the heroic raiding scene, they find out that they found a gem among the mass of coal out there.
    3 (point 2 is exactly how I broke my way into a heroic raiding guild)
    narcissistic
    Lol, first people pull the card "herpa derp, have you killed any bosses on HC?" Then they pull the card "herpa derp, u killd easy hc bos! u mus kil hard hc bos or u nub!"
    generalising jackass

And last please enlighten us on this again

I did my first heroic raid last night,the encounters were actually really easy, although we didnt do stone gaurd (it was a bad combination)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Since you won't budge, and can't see the evidence you yourself put out there for any of us to use, along with the fact WoWprogress says only 140+ guilds have downed all content, I have no more purpose arguing with you.
    Since when did wowprogress become the sole authority on all heroic raiding guilds progression? To my knowledge you have to sign up and submit your kills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by isadorr View Post
    As far as heroic boss difficulties, I have learned that in progression raiding it depends on what strengths your raid group has. If you have beast dps then you can walk through some encounters simply by over powering it, if you have great healing then less people die and at times there is forgiveness for making mistakes that would sometimes kill you but the great healer saved you and of course tanks, Tanks are what allow you to do great dps and not have to wait to hit something, our guilds tanks are beasts and once they have something, they have it, period.
    Since Cata with the threat change, "keeping target" was no longer the issue, an average tank should have target always no matter dps, if they failed at that, they are not even average. However tanks are more mostly relies on active survival CDs now (used to be mostly passive), so now it switch to "trying to stay alive" more than "must keep aggro". Some fights are actually Healer-centric, Empress and Tsulong for example. Empress most people do it as a 4 healer fight (in my group even with 4 healers I was expected to throw heals as Elemental Shaman), Tsulong is simply just their fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since when did wowprogress become the sole authority on all heroic raiding guilds progression? To my knowledge you have to sign up and submit your kills.
    WoW progress also uses the WoW Armory to track kills. Top Tier guild do use the sign in & update feature aswell.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saladur View Post
    @jaylock
    1 have you progressed any bosses or simply just been dragged along kills?
    Dragged along is your justification for the circumstances of an "undergeared player" (as your friend destil so eloquently put it), being brought to progress within a 10 man heroic raiding guild.

2 you are either of these two personalities: Troll or simply an
    ignorant
    narcissistic
    generalising jackass
    Would you take someone who you hardly knew, who was "undergeared" to your progression heroic raids if you didnt think / know that person had potential for greatness?

And last please enlighten us on this again
    Read the thread, there has already been ample "enlightenment" for you.

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 11:15 PM ----------

@Destil

I'm only "rude" to you because of your rude condescending attacking of me in the first place. Although I dont mind the heated debate at times, it wears on me when its in a perpetual state as you frequently do in many of my threads.
    Last edited by Jaylock; 2013-02-01 at 11:16 PM.

Would you take someone who you hardly knew, who was "undergeared" to your progression heroic raids if you didnt think / know that person had potential for greatness?
    i say you're a narcissistic ignorant jackass

and your "comeback" is what

EDIT:
    well if you can't see it by now you never will. sorry for derailing the intended content of this thread.(which were rather good)
    Last edited by Saladur; 2013-02-01 at 11:22 PM.

I think you're being slightly too pessimistic about the raid content. It is worth noting that many of these encounters, especially in the case of MSV, were done in almost 20 lower average item level than what you have now. This easily translates to you having around 20% more character power in comparison. Some of the encounters have also gone through other adjustments.

While I raid 25-mans and my experiences may differ from those of the 10-man raiders, personally I would say that there were five bosses that were somewhat undertuned in this tier: Elegon, Blade Lord, Garalon, Wind Lord, and Lei Shi. All the others were quite reasonably balanced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saladur View Post
    i say you're a narcissistic ignorant jackass

and your "comeback" is what
    So I need a comeback for how someone very rudely describes me? What, should I resort to personal insults like you just did? Sorry, I wont sink myself to your level.

I missed the part where Stone Guard was "too hard", good stuff.

Just check back when you've spent an entire week wiping on an "easy" boss. I wish I could put ZERO work into something that's accomplished by a team of hard workers only to claim it's easy.

If I was your guild mate I would be slightly offended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why did you put "Sig by Rivellana" when Rivellana is the character you're linking as...your character

did I miss something here

Deleted
    Still 3/16 HC, we have some attendance issues lately so it's not easy to progress Spirit Kings HC without our absolute best and we decided to kill SK HC before Elegon HC just to be done with one of the hardest (if not hardest) MSV heroic mode. Overall it's pretty fun and I loved it so far!