Page 50 of 80 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Of course it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Khraine View Post
    Everyone is a little bit racist, yes that means you and me. As a white English male some percive that i may have a 'privilege' or 'White privilege', that is complete and utter crap and is racist to boot. I could do with some 'privilege' about now tbh, but i won't get it. I'm disillusioned with the way the UK government goes about racism too, but thats too long a story to list.
    This whole "everyone's a little racist" line makes no sense to me, as I am not.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    I am not legally allowed to get hold of SAT questions for VERY obvious reasons!
    I asked for an example of each(if it is as bad as you say, and with your "experience" you should be able to provide two easily without breaking any laws) and not one from a SAT. Yet again you are trying to dodge giving any evidence

Quote Originally Posted by theturn View Post
    If the goal of a law is to lower unemployment among those who are being discriminated against then you would want to see a drop in unemployment among those people after the law was passed. Similar how you would want to see a drop in a certain kind of crimes after passing a new law to prevent them. If you don't see a drop then its evidence the law has either failed or is ineffective. If you go to the 90's boom that number drops to about 6.5% at the lowest but hung around 9% for the most part.

But for a better comparison
    Unemployment 1984: 7.5, Black Unemployment 15%
    Unemployment 2012: 7.8, Black Unemployment 14%

But I would love for someone to show me a statistic that proves AA is effective and that its removal would negatively effect the minority population.
    But doesn't your stats also show that AA is not really effecting non-minorities either so where is the problem with it? It is not helping minorities get jobs so logically it cannot be the cause of non-minorities not getting work.

You cannot have it both ways with AA is taking jobs away from qualified non-minorities and it is not effective in getting minorities jobs.

I made a post that test like the SAT is more classist than it is racist and because most black people are poor it can appear racist when it more about the haves and have nots.
    Last edited by Ebildays; 2013-02-02 at 05:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    I asked for an example of each(if it is as bad as you say, and with your "experience" you should be able to provide two easily without breaking any laws) and not one from a SAT. Yet again you are trying to dodge giving any evidence
    The reports come from reliable academic sources who have access to the papers but cannot write up questions - this is for very obvious legal reasons.

You're asking for me to try and break the law, which is strongly frowned upon by the forum. Academic malfeasance is disgraceful.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    I'm sorry i believe it's called the new black panther party now.
    And here I thought they were known as Al Qaeda

Racism is a disease the world can't get rid off to soon!

Is that a serious question? People can be racist to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    This whole "everyone's a little racist" line makes no sense to me, as I am not.
    You sure fooled me.

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 01:10 AM ----------

The reports come from reliable academic sources who have access to the papers but cannot write up questions - this is for very obvious legal reasons.

You're asking for me to try and break the law, which is strongly frowned upon by the forum. Academic malfeasance is disgraceful.
    But you couldn't give even an example?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    But you couldn't give even an example?
    Examples are what makes it illegal...
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.

Examples are what makes it illegal...
    You can't just make your own example up? Thats against the law? And if it were, you think the government is monitoring MMO, and will trace your IP?

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't just make your own example up? Thats against the law? And if it were, you think the government is monitoring MMO, and will trace your IP?
    What would be the point of me making one up? That's just bizarre. I'm not under suspicion (as far as I am aware) of being accused and having evidence of racial bias.

And once again, no, I refuse to put my career and my freedom on the line by finding legitimate questions and posting them here. I have not reported you because you're only asking out of genuine interest but the board is very clear on never encouraging people to break the law. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Is it possible? Yes!
    Is it a problem? No, not really!
    Basically this.

I want to know who truly thinks that there isn't such a thing as racism towards white people.

"Americans are fat, lazy, and stupid". That's apparently not a racist stereotype that people have for us over here, according to some people .-.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Basically this.

I want to know who truly thinks that there isn't such a thing as racism towards white people.

"Americans are fat, lazy, and stupid". That's apparently not a racist stereotype that people have for us over here, according to some people .-.
    Americans aren't considered a race though. There are black Americans, white Americans, hispanic Americans etc.

Race is pretty much solely based on skin colour in the anglo-American world, I'm pretty sure that's what we're discussing here.

I personally think that making different color people into different "races" is racism. I don't count black people or yellow people or any other color or shape any other race. We're all the same except we have different looks, so if someone calls me racist for something, I call them racist for not accepting me as the same race as his. People that have problems against other people from other countries aren't racist on my book, they are just stupid, ignorant and have been abused or anything similar while growing up, and that needs to stop.

Absolutely possible. I've personally seen this while playing D1 college football. White people are automatically considered less athletic.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggibesti View Post
    I personally think that making different color people into different "races" is racism. I don't count black people or yellow people or any other color or shape any other race. We're all the same except we have different looks, so if someone calls me racist for something, I call them racist for not accepting me as the same race as his. People that have problems against other people from other countries aren't racist on my book, they are just stupid, ignorant and have been abused or anything similar while growing up, and that needs to stop.
    Well technically they're not. There's no genuine physical, moral, intellectual or mental reason to assume skin colour automatically shapes or forms a person or what they can do. The problem with racism is that people think that way about certain groups and have created subcultures surrounding it, encouraging different (but not inherent) ways of thinking and acting.

And like any culture, anyone born and raised into it will adapt to it.

What would be the point of me making one up? That's just bizarre. I'm not under suspicion (as far as I am aware) of being accused and having evidence of racial bias.

And once again, no, I refuse to put my career and my freedom on the line by finding legitimate questions and posting them here. I have not reported you because you're only asking out of genuine interest but the board is very clear on never encouraging people to break the law. Thanks!
    I was just asking if that would be illegal, sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was just asking if that would be illegal, sorry.
    I know, no worries mate. Like I said, you have every right to ask for those types of questions, I am just not legally allowed to give them to you. I was just covering my butt (and yours) if that path kept getting tread. My post came across a bit more aggressive than I meant it to

you have no evidence or what so ever apart from "reports" which draw no definite conclusions, not to mention your source where where the author claimed he needed no evidence. You have continued to hide behind excuses such as trust me im a teacher, trust i cannot share that information.
    All you are doing is running your mouth about a fictitious racist system out to get white people educated and better grades, grow the fuck up

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 07:24 AM ----------

More bullshit, it is not illegal to make up a question on a forum because you are a teacher, it can be about anything, you just cannot prove your point

It is not hard to type two questions you make up
    Last edited by TheBeardedOne; 2013-02-02 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    And yet, that doesn't prove that those who benefit from AA are automatically unskilled. Which was my statement. Try to keep up.
    I never said it automatically did. We are saying it creates and unjust enviorment and that in some cases more qualified whites/asians are turned down to fill quotas,fear of looking racist and from lawsuits.