Poll: Which JRPGs are you looking forward to in 2013?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    ff 13-3 and ff14, cant say any of the others interest me, but then ive not heard of most of them.

wich of those are playable on the xbox 360?
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

both pokemon games and lightning returns
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc-...A-wvKAaFacq_gA
    Check out my youtube channel for WoW lore videos and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.
    Oh yeah, forgot about that one. I've never played Monster Hunter but I'm probably going to get it (if only to have more games on my Wii U).

Tales of Xillia and Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is a must buy on my list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post
    Oh yeah, forgot about that one. I've never played Monster Hunter but I'm probably going to get it (if only to have more games on my Wii U).
    Monster Hunter is another! I loved the trilogy

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 08:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    ff 13-3 and ff14, cant say any of the others interest me, but then ive not heard of most of them.
    You should try Tales of Xillia or any other Tales of games. Very good games!
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    You know, I'm really Iffy on FF13-3. I really just want FF13VS to come out, so they can start working on a 15. FF13 was cool, FF13-2 fixed the problems 13 had.... we're good. We dont need a third. Light can just drift through time for the rest of ever. Her sister died. Get over it...

Anyways, I'm pretty excited for Fire Emblem Awakening, now that I've FINALLY gotten the Soren epilogue and base conversation...
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandwrong View Post
    You know, I'm really Iffy on FF13-3. I really just want FF13VS to come out, so they can start working on a 15. FF13 was cool, FF13-2 fixed the problems 13 had.... we're good. We dont need a third. Light can just drift through time for the rest of ever. Her sister died. Get over it...

Anyways, I'm pretty excited for Fire Emblem Awakening, now that I've FINALLY gotten the Soren epilogue and base conversation...
    You're right about FFXIII, I really don't think they need a third. I don't see why they don't just start new with FFXV which they probably are. I'm really looking forward to the new reboot of FFXIV though
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

10+ Year Old Account
    DARK SOULS II!!!!

And FFXIV. Phantasy Star 2 I'll keep an eye on too, but I'm not too interested in the rest. I love the Tales games but the character designs don't really pique my interest for this one. /facepalm at FF13-3

I am assuming Ni No Kuni : Wrath of the White Witch is not on that list cause it's already out. Currently playing through it and I highly doubt anything on that poll list will come close to this beauty. Of course this is coming from someone who loves old school JRPGs like Wild Arms, Suikoden, Breath of Fire, Chrono Trigger / Cross, etc. so playing a game like this with it's gorgeous art style (Studio Ghibli ftw) and old school charm is like taking an HD trip down memory lane. And what an awesome trip it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    I am assuming Ni No Kuni : Wrath of the White Witch is not on that list cause it's already out. Currently playing through it and I highly doubt anything on that poll list will come close to this beauty. Of course this is coming from someone who loves old school JRPGs like Wild Arms, Suikoden, Breath of Fire, Chrono Trigger / Cross, etc. so playing a game like this with it's gorgeous art style (Studio Ghibli ftw) and old school charm is like taking an HD trip down memory lane. And what an awesome trip it is.
    I agree with you That's the only reason it's not on there. I wish I made this poll sooner for better results but I'm sure it would be on top!

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 11:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    DARK SOULS II!!!!

And FFXIV. Phantasy Star 2 I'll keep an eye on too, but I'm not too interested in the rest. I love the Tales games but the character designs don't really pique my interest for this one. /facepalm at FF13-3
    I actually love the character designs on Tales of Xillia! I usually never let that bother me. Tales of Vesperia bothered me with that because Yuri looked like a girl until the first 30 minutes of gameplay, I got used to it and loved it!

FF Lightning Returns, probably because the only reason I recently bought a PS3 was Final Fantasy and I've never even heard of most of the other games

10+ Year Old Account
    FF:LR. Only actual game I plan on buying this year. Whoopie for my wallet!
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post
    Monster Hunter's not really an RPG.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia on Monster Hunter 3
    Genre(s) Action role-playing game
    I believe it is

I voted for Xillia, DS2, XIII-3, and XIV ARR.

I'm currently in the alpha and soon to be the beta for ARR, and it's quite amazing
    Last edited by narzinor; 2013-02-02 at 07:16 AM.
    I had a cool sig... then photobucket ate my pics and now its borked. :/ oh wells...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by narzinor View Post
    I believe it is

I voted for Xillia, DS2, XIII-3, and XIV ARR.

I'm currently in the alpha and soon to be the beta for ARR, and it's quite amazing
    Oh, I'm so glad you quoted wikipedia over a very dedicated fan of the series. /golf clap

10+ Year Old Account
    Dark Souls is a JRPG? Are you kidding me? It's an action game with few RPG elements.

For that matter FFXIV isn't a JRPG either, it's an MMO.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Deleted
    Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII <3
    I really can't wait for it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    Dark Souls is a JRPG? Are you kidding me? It's an action game with few RPG elements.

For that matter FFXIV isn't a JRPG either, it's an MMO.
    You do realize the J in JRPG stands for Japanese RPG, right? It doesn't mean a certain element of a gaming genre. It's any RPG originated from Japan.

Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_role-playing_game

So on a technical note, you can call Final Fantasy XIV a MMOJRPG.

Dark Souls is an action RPG made in Japan with the western region style of gameplay. So again it's a JRPG.

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 01:57 AM ----------

It's a debate by many. But many consider it an Action RPG and others consider it just an Action game.
    Last edited by Yuuki Asuna; 2013-02-02 at 08:04 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I'm so glad you quoted wikipedia over a very dedicated fan of the series. /golf clap
    yeah, no one cares that you're a fan. Wikipedia said its an ARPG so its an ARPG. Wikipedia never lies.
    I had a cool sig... then photobucket ate my pics and now its borked. :/ oh wells...