Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Exclamation Subscription predictions for next quarter!

Personally I think the newness of Pandaria has faded off and subscriptions are going to be in decline. I predict 8.5million subs, that means 1.5million lost.

Does it really matter what they are?

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    Does it really matter what they are?
    Why does it not matter?

I am having fun. Millions of others are having fun. How many subs there are are not top of mind for a majority of players. It did not matter when WoW started, It did not matter when it had 12M. It did not matter when it fell to 9M.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    Why does it not matter?
    Because it's of no influence on the game and because the majority (probably 95% if I'd have to say a number) is not an investor and is therefor not affected.

I am having fun. Millions of others are having fun. How many subs there are are not top of mind for a majority of players. It did not matter when WoW started, It did not matter when it had 12M. It did not matter when it fell to 9M.
    It did not matter for you. Stop putting words in others mouths.

i doubt it would be lower than 9. i personally want them to stay the same.

when they go up: "PFFFFFTTT EVERYONE KNOWS 99.9% OF PLAYERS ARE FROM CHINA"

when they go down: "SEE SEE EVEREH ONES IN TEH WES THINK THIS GAIMES SUKS NAO BC WAS BES NOOBS"

when they stay the same: "meh nothin to see here"
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Gotai View Post
    Because it's of no influence on the game and because the majority (probably 95% if I'd have to say a number) is not an investor and is therefor not affected.
    Well if it fell dramatically to like under 4-5M then there might be some impact on the game due to the lack of resources coming in. However even with that amount it wold still be bringing a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it doesnt matter period, you are not an investor

Deleted
    When WoW had 12M my server had very healthy population with many riding, pvp and RP guilds (its PvP-RP server). Now that WoW has 10M my server has one raiding guild that does heroic content, pvpers and rpers moved long time ago. So in my case sub numbers kinda matters.

Ok so only 1 out of 10M+ doesn't care about subs according to you. I am pretty sure a vast majority of players do not read forums and just play happily without regards to outside news. This can be observed by the fact that there are stil 5x as many people paying to play this game that any other MMO even though this and the official forums claim its a dead dying game. If everyone payed attention to this crap they would have left a long time ago.

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 05:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    I am an investor and it doesn't matter to me since WoWs revenues went up as subs dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    You can't tell me what matters to me because I decide that myself, and one thing that matters to me is subscription base numbers.

Why does it not matter?
    It matters because all the dead or dieing realms will be worse.

Deleted

I am an investor and it doesn't matter to me since WoWs revenues went up as subs dropped.
    Milking players on dead servers with PCTs. Make sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do we really need ANOTHER one of these threads?
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't tell me what matters to me because I decide that myself, and one thing that matters to me is subscription base numbers.
    Oh, that makes sense and im sure you''ll find another mmo that has millions of players like WoW Im sure you'll find one.

Well if it fell dramatically to like under 4-5M then there might be some impact on the game due to the lack of resources coming in. However even with that amount it wold still be bringing a lot.
    wow would be profitable at 500k subs. in fact that was there one and only goal when it came out "if it gets to 500k we know weve made it"

the only impact it would have on the game if subs got really low is that content might come out a little slower and realms would have to be merged but as long as its profitable blizzard will continue to make expansions and content for it
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Do we really need ANOTHER one of these threads?
    People that hate the game think so. It makes them feel better. In a few days it'll be hilarious, if subs stay the same, they wont make 1 thread XD.

Deleted
    i think MoP is one of the better expansions, but i expect a small drop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just going off my server, id say about 8 million. Seems quite a bit quieter than the end of cataclysm these days.