Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    I don't understand to this day why they're so hellbent on keeping it restricted. Just open it up for everyone already. When you have most level 60s running around from farming AV in HW/GM gear... It's time you sorta realize this is just silly keeping restrictions at this point.
    My thoughts exactly. Why keep old stuff on vendors anyway only available to some slackers who no-lifed / shared account to get rank 14 years ago. It wasnt that hard, just a HUGE time sink. Just let everyone have any gear or get it removed, its when more than 1-2 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Bad idea is bad.
    There's NO valid reason to take away that bit of uniqueness of classic pvpers.
    there is also no valid reason to not take it away:P

10+ Year Old Account
    I can understand why some would be upset over this change but in a sense this does allow people to *earn* the replica armor versus having the armor handed out to the masses.

While I, personally, think it should be a given since you can as easily earn the original armor as easily as other items available for transmogrification. I recall in previous interviews with the developers that they did want to find a way to make these replica sets available to a wider audience.

(Now I need to find a dedicated RBG group for my holy paladin.)

Conculsion: Good change. Especially since the original restriction was not communicated until after the feature was first implemented, X-Mog that is. I mean, Transmogrification is for vanity purposes anyway.
    Last edited by Silver-Fox; 2013-02-01 at 08:46 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    Well...but then, like I said, I'd really want to know where I can get my Atiesh and/or Ashbringer when 5.2 hits.
    I mean, it's exactly the same.

Btw: I guess the prices for RBG carries will go up soon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    If there is no valid reason for either case, then there is no reason to change the status quo. It takes development time and money to make this change.

Wonder if it will allow anyone with KC/Legionaire or higher access to all of the classic pvp gear (like it currently does for someone whose toon has said FoS) or if it will be rank-based a la how it was during classic WoW? I am thinking the former, although the latter would kinda be cool. Sadly it would also encourage more rating selling (since KC/Legionaire is the 1800 rating rank now, which isn't terribly rough to get).

Deleted
    Kay. Where can I get my Atiesh? My corrupted Ashbringer? My Necro Knight's Garb? My black AQ drone?
    I mean, it's kinda rude to block me from getting them, isn't it?

People need to accept that they can't get everything just because they like/want it.
    Thing if with the listed items you said , they are un obtainable Those were in the game all along from vanilla and every1 could buy um for 300 honor a full set. So why not let every one xmog it ? Thats plain stupid. If you want some1 to be truely special don't let 60s run around with it like it;'s nothing.

Are alts of players who have these titles still restricted from transmogging to them? It's the only thing stopping me from playing my BE paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    i love this idea just for the fact it pisses off sooo many snowflakes lol

I'd like my old title to allow all my characters to get the replicas. :\
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Deleted
    Bad idea to do this before they solved the RBG boosting issues, its a lot of players that have not earned those ranks in a legit way that will be able to buy the armor.

Being an oldschool pvper this is stupid and will piss off a lot of old players. If they are going to do dumb shit like this can I please have a free ashbringer and the 3 peices of t3 im missing too please? Oh and how about everything else that isn't in the game anymore. Free hand outs for everyone!!!!! Nice one bliz

Well...but then, like I said, I'd really want to know where I can get my Atiesh and/or Ashbringer when 5.2 hits.
    I mean, it's exactly the same.
    It's not exactly the same though... HW/GM gear is available right now, to anyone, for a measly amount of honor and nothing else. Sure you cant transmog it but anyone can run around in the full set if they so please.
    Atiesh/Ashbringer is no longer obtainable at all.

While I do understand the vanilla R14's being mad about this I'm also kinda happy, being one of those who don't have it. Always sucks seeing noobs having this gear knowing I wont be getting it. In the end of the day rank 8 is enough to buy it, would've been worse if it was only the appropriate ranks (14 for Weapons, 12/13 for armor etc). And the RBG boosted people ain't making it better, now everyone will have it but ah well, boosts have been around for ever anyways...

OT: I do dislike the Blacksmith (Reborn) bullshit they're adding. (I don't have the weapons so don't even go there)

Quote Originally Posted by Smeeh View Post
    It's not exactly the same though... HW/GM gear is available right now, to anyone, for a measly amount of honor and nothing else. Sure you cant transmog it but anyone can run around in the full set if they so please.
    Atiesh/Ashbringer is no longer obtainable at all.

The gear is available right now, and they should leave it that way and leave the transmorg restriction on it. High rank pvpers already have enough perks with elite armor/mounts. Why give them access to transmog these items when they most likely never even played during vanilla. I have the TBC swordsmithing weapons as transmog too and they are giving those to every blacksmith now. Blizz needs to learn to leave stuff alone sometimes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    The gear is available right now, and they should leave it that way and leave the transmorg restriction on it. High rank pvpers already have enough perks with elite armor/mounts. Why give them access to transmog these items when they most likely never even played during vanilla. I have the TBC swordsmithing weapons as transmog too and they are giving those to every blacksmith now. Blizz needs to learn to leave stuff alone sometimes.
    Mate , my DK is a mace smither and i really want the sword to. So i deserve it but the person next to me doesn't ?

Oh and btw , to come up with atiesh and shit , those were REMOVED , you know... R E M O V E D !

The GM/HW NEVER got removed, not even once , everything you listed got REMOVED from the game. The GM/HW gear did not , what do you rather see? an great PvP player ( now , in this era) running around in full GM/HW ,or a just dinged lvl 60 hunter who has no clue HOW to even play this game yet and just rofl storms through PvE content with " your" precious gear..

You folks are just butthurt you won't be special anymore, fact is you never were.

Well, make legendaries transmogable if you are going down this road anyways! Why keep any restrictions?

- Guess t3 will be the only unique thing left in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirkeline View Post
    Well, make legendaries transmogable if you are going down this road anyways! Why keep any restrictions?

- Guess t3 will be the only unique thing left in the game.
    BMAH says "hi, want to buy this T3 piece today?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    BMAH says "hi, want to buy this T3 piece today?"
    Still gonna take forever to collect the entire set + a lot of fcking gold

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefy View Post
    Still gonna take forever to collect the entire set + a lot of fcking gold
    True, yes, but it's very much obtainable once again. Too expensive for my taste, even though I like T3 for my main (shaman).

Besides, I'm out of bank and void storage space at this point. :P

OT: Level 60s get to run around wearing this gear after running what, half a dozen AVs? Heck, the honor could be farmed pre-60 so that by the time your toon makes it to 60, you can have the entire set ready to go.

Not sure why all the old rank 13/14 folks have their panties in a twist over this change. The title is where it's at, IMO; RBGs be damned. I only run my old pvp title on my old warrior (even though my shaman main has the same title available).