Page 59 of 80 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurtle View Post
    You have yet to link a study. That doesn't answer my question. And "black" sounding names, sounds like a naming issue, not a race issue, correlation does not imply causation. If I named my kid Burrito, do you think I would be increasing or decreasing his chance of being hired? A name study is not related to race, it's related to names, stop trying to make connections where none exist. And please stop saying "studies have shown" when you aren't providing any studies or proof of such.
    Black sounding names like "Toynetta, Laquesha" were passed over for names like "Emily" even with same credentials.

You have yet to link a study. That doesn't answer my question. And "black" sounding names, sounds like a naming issue, not a race issue, correlation does not imply causation. If I named my kid Burrito, do you think I would be increasing or decreasing his chance of being hired? A name study is not related to race, it's related to names, stop trying to make connections where none exist. And please stop saying "studies have shown" when you aren't providing any studies or proof of such.
    A kid named Burrito would be culled as quick as Shaniqua.

In only one case is it racist it seems...
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    It makes you biased.
    Oh you mean like all the white people on this forum complaining of "racism" towards them and AA?

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    It makes you biased.
    I hope you don't think that whites can't call out other whites on their BS. Or would mentioning this poke a massive hole in the theory you're trying to create?
    Last edited by Booshman; 2013-02-03 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Black sounding names like "Toynetta, Laquesha" were passed over for names like "Emily" even with same credentials.
    It's not necessarily what you think it is.

I'd say it's more class based than race based.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    A kid named Burrito would be culled as quick as Shaniqua.

In only one case is it racist it seems...
    Burrito would be passed over because their named after food while Shaniqua one will think is ghetto, doesn't matter if she is or isn't, they will think she is black and ghetto and therefore thrown out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    because if racism on both sides is not considered you will create un just laws and programs...
    snip...
    it wasn't race that made them under privilege but their economic status. A poor white kid has the same economic status as a poor minority but they don't receive any special consideration when they apply for collage or certain jobs
    This, and this is why race should not be brought into it. Poor people of all colors are disadvantaged. By providing an advantage to lower class blacks and minorities and being unfair to lower class whites you are in fact perpetuating racism. Stop dividing people by race, and racism will go away (mostly).

It's not necessarily what you think it is.

I'd say it's more class based than race based.
    Right because there are no ghetto people named "Emily"...

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 08:32 PM ----------

This, and this is why race should not be brought into it. Poor people of all colors are disadvantaged. By providing an advantage to lower class blacks and minorities and being unfair to lower class whites you are in fact perpetuating racism. Stop dividing people by race, and racism will go away (mostly).
    So what about white women?

Deleted
    Oh you mean like all the white people on this forum complaining of "racism" towards them and AA?
    AA is racist by definition. I do agree that some people here are a bit too dramatic in their condemnation of the policy though.

Victimology 101.
    Handwaving Away Because You Have No Argument 101.

Who is talking about marriage? Exactly what do you want, banning of AA higher unemployment among minorities, lower college enrollment among minorities. More whites in colleges and more whites in jobs?
    Why do you think these things are needed for black people to make it in the world? Its kind of an insult to imply higher unemployment and lower college enrollment is unachieveable for a minority without the helping hand of our gov.

Do you even respect your own people? Have some confidence.

Let's put it this way:
    If somebody says that saying "You f***ing white man!" issen't rascist then change the word White with Black then suddenly it is racist.
    That sentence is either racist or not. It dossen't matter who you are talking too. If it can go one way it can go both ways. There is NO one way direction in racism.

And what does this have to do with race? If I named my child Hitler, do you think he would have a better chance or worse chance of getting a job? What if I named my kid SOKDJ@#KJ, or Poop, or Shitface, or BlueToyota? This isn't a race issue, it's a naming issue, you name your kid a dumb name, he's going to have a harder time getting a job, that's a fact. Solution to this problem? Stop naming your kids dumb names.

Also, still waiting on those studies you were claiming. Or do you just spout "facts" without actually being able to back them, hoping that saying "studies have shown" will be enough?

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Why do you think these things are needed for black people to make it in the world? Its kind of an insult to imply higher unemployment and lower college enrollment is unachieveable for a minority.

Sorry, you (and by extension those on your side) don't have respect for your own people because you're advocating the status quo, which puts whites (regardless of merit) above everyone. Less obvious personality projections, please.

So what about white women?
    What about them?

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Why do you think these things are needed for black people to make it in the world? Its kind of an insult to imply higher unemployment and lower college enrollment is unachieveable for a minority without the helping hand of our gov.

Interesting I said "minorities" and you jumped straight to "blacks" not surprising at all.

When you consider people need jobs to well... make money and survive and whites take up 90.5% of all businesses exactly what would you expect to happen with minorities when whites start to hire more whites as they prefer them over minorities?

What about them?
    I think they mean "should AA also benefit women over men".

(the answer's no by the way)

((zurtle won't get in trouble for cheating if he uses my answer will he Themius))
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

And what does this have to do with race? If I named my child Hitler, do you think he would have a better chance or worse chance of getting a job? What if I named my kid SOKDJ@#KJ, or Poop, or Shitface, or BlueToyota? This isn't a race issue, it's a naming issue, you name your kid a dumb name, he's going to have a harder time getting a job, that's a fact. Solution to this problem? Stop naming your kids dumb names.

Also, still waiting on those studies you were claiming. Or do you just spout "facts" without actually being able to back them, hoping that saying "studies have shown" will be enough?
    Those names are HISTORICALLY BLACK NAMES. Not "stupid" names but historically black centric names that became popular in the 60s.

Deleted
    Right because there are no ghetto people named "Emily"...
    If you worked for HR you would probably do the same after some time, when 99% of those named Shaniqua do not have the skills and qualifications you're looking for. At some point you just might not care about being politically correct, you just want to get the work finished so you can go home.

If they could identify "ghetto whites" by name, they'd probably skip those names more often than "normal names" as well.

Of course this is possible. Racism means that you're discriminating against people with a certain race (or skin colour). Whether these people are black, blue, yellow or white makes no difference