Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Strange growling sound in the background while playing?

First off, I'm being completely serious. This isn't a creepypasta or anything, so please hear me out.

Ever since like a week ago, I've been hearing a really ominous, sort of faint growling sound in the background while playing. I've heard it on 3 characters, all different classes. I hear it about once every 2 days, so it's not something that's constant. I can't remember all the exact places I've heard it, but I'm pretty sure I've heard it on Eastern Kingdoms, Northrend, and Pandaria. The last time I heard it was in Valley of the Four Winds on my Priest, which was what lead me to post this thread. It sounds like a man, with a very deep voice. If I had to compare it to something in-game, I would say it sounds like the Sha's voice actor. However, I'm not certain of that. I also haven't downloaded any new addons since the first time I heard it.

Has anyone else experienced this? I really can't think of any explanation.

Sounded like the trap quests for operation shieldwall to me, but if you hear it places other than krasarang I have no idea.

Where are you hearing this? If it is in Four Winds, then I have heard it as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Your heart will explode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    Sounded like the trap quests for operation shieldwall to me, but if you hear it places other than krasarang I have no idea.
    You mean the sound the captured animals make? It doesn't sound anything like those.

Quote Originally Posted by waterdog001 View Post
    Where are you hearing this? If it is in Four Winds, then I have heard it as well.
    Yes, I heard it in VotFW. Good to know someone else has heard it.

You sure it's not just something like a computer fan interfering with your headset?
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Omegalega View Post
    Strange growling sound in the background while playing?
    It's called hunger. Do something about it. :P

I have no idea what it could be. I had a similar situation a few years ago, though. I was hearing random deep voices while playing and couldn't figure out what it was. It was an addon that collected UI errors and stuff and for some reason, the addon started using C'Thuns voice files for some error notification. Pretty funny - you're out there, doing your business, farming, whatever, and some creep keeps telling you how you're already dead and all your friends will abandon you and stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    He's after you.

Deleted
    Watch out, he's standing outside your window watching and observing.

He hungers...

RUN COWARD!

RUN!

RUN!

RUN!

*RRRROOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAWWWWGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!*

A. Your GPU is overheating
    B. Your angry spouse

Deleted
    There will be no doubt some explanation for it.
    For days I was wondering where the hell some weird music was coming from, like, Techno / dance stuff.. Closed everything, web browser, the lot.
    I done this every day and I was convinced something was wrong with my computer or some weird advert was randomly running some weird way on my computer. From the moment I first logged on, I'd more or less notice it while flying off to do daily's.
    One day, I logged on. Was browsing the AH and I noticed there was no music.. Delighted I popped Blingtron 4000 as I usually do before I go and do some daily's hit the "Let's Dance" thing after receiving my gift and there it was.. I finally knew where it was coming from.. fucking Blingtron for 10+ days made me think I was either crazy or something was wrong with my comp -.-

Moral is, it's probably something you're doing that you do not associate it with.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Ice Stone has melted?

10+ Year Old Account
    hunters pet, cat mount, any sort of cat battlepet in the area will do those noises

What mounts do you use? It could be one of them. Do you also have any companion pets out with you?

First step in Indoctrination, it might be too late for you, see you on the battlefield.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    Your heart will explode.
    Hehe. This freaked sooooooooo many people out at launch. It was fun.

On Topic: Slenderman

Or check your addons.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    First off, I'm being completely serious. This isn't a creepypasta or anything, so please hear me out.

Ever since like a week ago, I've been hearing a really ominous, sort of faint growling sound in the background while playing. I've heard it on 3 characters, all different classes. I hear it about once every 2 days, so it's not something that's constant. I can't remember all the exact places I've heard it, but I'm pretty sure I've heard it on Eastern Kingdoms, Northrend, and Pandaria. The last time I heard it was in Valley of the Four Winds on my Priest, which was what lead me to post this thread. It sounds like a man, with a very deep voice. If I had to compare it to something in-game, I would say it sounds like the Sha's voice actor. However, I'm not certain of that. I also haven't downloaded any new addons since the first time I heard it.

Has anyone else experienced this? I really can't think of any explanation.
    It wouldn't happen to be the rumble of thunder? Dunno if Blizzard would be that clever, but you know, Thunder King and all.

Are you doing archaeology when you hear this?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    You mean the sound the captured animals make? It doesn't sound anything like those.

Yes, I heard it in VotFW. Good to know someone else has heard it.
    Maybe it's some manner of quest?