Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Movie Chat Thread

Use this thread for talking about anything and all things movies!

Most recently watched Spaceballs. Probably one of my top 5 movies of all time. Rick Moranis is hilarious, I really wish he would come out of retirement for the upcoming ghostbusters movie that is apparently going to be made.

Also, if you want to talk about new movies please use spoiler tags!
    Last edited by bals; 2013-02-03 at 09:46 AM.

Deleted
    I watched Wreck it Ralph night before last and absolutely loved it... but then my husband made me watch Resident Evil: Retribution last night, ohhh God why is that even a movie, I can't rant about it without spoiling what tiny tiny bit of a plot it has but it was baaaad.

Thinking of going to see the hobbit tonight.

Deleted
    Still haven't seen Despicable Me but I plan on doing that atleast this week, heard it was pretty good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Still haven't seen Despicable Me but I plan on doing that atleast this week, heard it was pretty good.
    Excellent movie. I can't wait to see Warm Bodies next week! All about a zombie boy who eats the brains of this guy and, taking on his personality, falls in love with the dead guy's girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I watched Wreck it Ralph night before last and absolutely loved it... but then my husband made me watch Resident Evil: Retribution last night, ohhh God why is that even a movie, I can't rant about it without spoiling what tiny tiny bit of a plot it has but it was baaaad.
    Those are just supposed to be mindless entertainment. Take it as that, just like with Hansel and Gretel this past week

Chelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Excellent movie. I can't wait to see Warm Bodies next week! All about a zombie boy who eats the brains of this guy and, taking on his personality, falls in love with the dead guy's girlfriend.

Those are just supposed to be mindless entertainment. Take it as that, just like with Hansel and Gretel this past week
    Watch Wall-E instead. Better love story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalliah View Post
    Seen that twice. I'm in it more for the hot zombie guy than the love story

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm having a harry potter marathon right now, so good.
    One of those movie series that is definitely even better the second time through.

Deleted
    That's certainly a different take on a zombie movie... I'm intrigued.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's certainly a different take on a zombie movie... I'm intrigued.
    Here is the trailer:

Chelly
    He looks like Donte.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalliah View Post
    This. Wall-E is absolutely adorable.
    Seen that twice. I'm in it more for the hot zombie guy than the love story
    That guy doesn't look hot at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    He looks kinda hot.... for a zombie :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    You, sir, clearly have no taste!

Deleted
    He looks kinda hot.... for a zombie :P
    I've seen way better looking zombies than that, including my grandpa.
    You, sir, clearly have no taste!
    Then again, it might be because I'm a guy and I don't have the hots for dead boys.

Deleted
    Here is the trailer:

[video=youtube;x3ErWNBX9Rc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3ErWNBX9Rc[video]
    Oh wow, I wasn't expecting the movie to be this entertaining, for a zombie, and the guy isn't that hot. :p

Must watch that.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    I'm having a harry potter marathon right now, so good.
    One of those movie series that is definitely even better the second time through.
    I JUST watched all those for the first time. Really good series. Only ever read one book, think I should actually read all of those too sometime.

That looks surprisingly really good. Also +1 for The Black Keys, those guys really know how to sell their music!

I really need to watch more movies aimed at children. I haven't seen wreck it ralph or despicable me. I just saw Wall-E for the first time last year, it was a really good movie. Watched Coraline the other week too and that was pretty good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    I really need to watch more movies aimed at children. I haven't seen wreck it ralph or despicable me. I just saw Wall-E for the first time last year, it was a really good movie. Watched Coraline the other week too and that was pretty good.
    I recommend Hotel Transylvania, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I recommend Hotel Transylvania, too.
    Just watched that two days ago for the first time. I rarely watch American movies anymore, mainly just a few animated ones here and there and this one I watched with a friend and his little sister.

Planned on just walking out when his little sister got into it, but it was just way too good. The VA's, comedy, and the vamp daughters face where just awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ha, I was also rewatching all the Harry Potter movies recently too Ana. :3 It's quite sweet seeing just how young they were. But keep spotting stuff I didn't see on previous watchings.

Going to see Wreck It Ralph sometime next week as it's finally managed to swim the pond.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

I was convinced Kung Fu Panda 2 would be absolutely awful, after I wasn't all that impressed with the original. Unlike most kids movie sequels though, they seemed to go the more serious route rather than a completely harmless villain.

Despicable Me was definitely another movie that was a lot better than I expected. I think I just have low initial expectations of children's movies after almost all the ones I watched growing up were terrible.

I don't even know what to think of Warm Bodies. I guess it depends on if they go full out spending every second of airtime parodying Twilight, or if they actually try to carve interesting characters and a story out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.