Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Already hackers on Crysis 3 Open Beta

Hello guys.

I have been playing the Crysis 3 Beta on the PC (2 hours of gameplay) and I enjoyed it a lot, the game could get more optimized but I'm cool with how the game is right now.

The thing is that after only playing 2 hours I already found a hacker.

You may think "Well it was a skilled guy and had a lucky shoot", yes, it could be, the thing is that when someone kills you on Crysis 3 you see a kill cam and you can barely see 1 or 2 seconds of kill cam after he kills you... and then is when you see how the guy is holding down the shoot button and he's insta-aiming to the head of everything he has around sometimes hitting people on the head doing 180º turns.

There are some videos already on Youtube about people using hacks on Crysis 3, check this one.

Come on, it's a friggin beta and we have hackers already!?

This is SO frustrating to me since I really liked the game and I was going to get it on pre-order to get some cool perks... but now I don't know what to do, I hope Crytek sees this and tries to stop it by implementing some anti-cheating system like PB or something.
    Last edited by mmocd57210a7db; 2013-02-03 at 02:02 PM.

Deleted
    Doubtful, pretty much only hackers left on 2 from what I've heard.

What kind of low life do you have to be to hack in a beta?

I hope EA just completely and totally ban hacker's origin account's. Every game they own on origin will be void. They really need to put down the foot on hackers hard.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post

I hope EA just completely and totally ban hacker's origin account's. Every game they own on origin will be void. They really need to put down the foot on hackers hard.
    thats the problem isn't it, its a free game you just make a new account and your back in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post

Actually it's far better if the hackers will expose the weaknesses of the game before it gets out of beta phase
    so the developer has time to fill the holes before the actual release.

And people who create these hacking tools do it because they find it fun to break the games. You go play betas
    because you want to play the new game. They go to betas because they want to break the new game.

Unfortunatly this is probably the best place for these cocks to try out there hacks before the game goes live, playing a beta game testing a beta hack....betaception!!

P.s all hackers should have there fingers chopped off so they cant play anything ever again. Just my 2 cents!!

Deleted
    There are going to be more in an open beta which simply requires you to register for a free account than in any live game - in a live game they have to purchase the game. Free betas give them a playground to test their mods in with absolutely no fear of any possible retribution.

This is EA we're talking about here, they're the worst company in the world. Battlefield 3 had hackers in open beta, medal of honor had hackers in open beta and every game in the last few years has had hackers in the betas. Even non EA games have hackers in betas, EA just doesn't care enough to nip it in the butt on release.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post
    Doubtful, pretty much only hackers left on 2 from what I've heard.
    Watch the video.

Seeing as games like this require an origin account that you have already bought a game on, couldn't they just prema ban that account loosing the person a large amount of games as well?

Good let them hack the beta, all the more time for them to find and shut said hacks down.

Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    Seeing as games like this require an origin account that you have already bought a game on, couldn't they just prema ban that account loosing the person a large amount of games as well?
    Origin has almost no security, people get hacked on a daily basis and the accounts are traded for dirt cheap. The service is usually brought down by hackers as well, it's basically steams retarded cousin that's been inbred a few generations.

Quote Originally Posted by Satanous View Post
    Good let them hack the beta, all the more time for them to find and shut said hacks down.
    EA doesn't care enough to let the developers work out the bugs/hackers, as long as you give them your money.

Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    Actually it's far better if the hackers will expose the weaknesses of the game before it gets out of beta phase
    so the developer has time to fill the holes before the actual release.
    Coudn't agree with this more as said the hackers will expose the weaknesses of the game before it's release this gives them a chance to look at whats wrong and how to protect it for a smoother release along with people exposing themselves as hackers before the game is even released.

Deleted
    i've leveled to 10 + suit reboot to 6 and i see hackers in atleast every 3rd game, it sucks :|

[QUOTE=Deal;20091047]Origin has almost no security, people get hacked on a daily basis and the accounts are traded for dirt cheap. The service is usually brought down by hackers as well, it's basically steams retarded cousin that's been inbred a few generations.

/QUOTE]
    O well, didn't no that I just assumed it worked the same as steam. Well does not surprise me, it would be evidence for all the hate aimed at the service.

I don't understand.... how do you have fun... hacking...?...

Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    Coudn't agree with this more as said the hackers will expose the weaknesses of the game before it's release this gives them a chance to look at whats wrong and how to protect it for a smoother release along with people exposing themselves as hackers before the game is even released.
    In theory that's what we want to see, but in practice and from what I've seen countless times, it's futile - the problem pretty much gets swept under the rug in the guise of "We're working on it". If you're lucky, you see some ineffective ban waves in an attempt to lull people into believing they're actually working diligently until hackers find a work-around (they always do) and it's all downhill from there.
    Last edited by Samoflange; 2013-02-03 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    [snip]
    Dear sir, you really wrote down everything there is to say about hacking and I salute you for being this coherent with such a long story. The speed hack in WoW has a history from long before WotLK so they could have done something, but I guess it was just easier to mass-ban them after the deed had been done. Resources have to be spent somewhere, I guess. And, in part, speedhacking was possible, due to the fact that WoW was such a latency forgiving game. You could easily play with high pings, exactly because the game didn't check where you were every second and trusted information on the client, within reasonable bounds. The whole latency thing was a selling point and I can see why they wouldn't want to "remove" such a feature.

Hacking has three elements:
    1 The people that make them.
    2 The people that Enjoy them.
    3 The people that professionally use them.

The people that make them often do it to prove that they can. The people that enjoy them, are usually teens or people that mentally never grew up. The people that professionally use them, are often in the moneymaking business.

As long as 3 is there, 1 will also always be there. As long as 1 is there, 2 will never fail to abuse it and as long as 2 keeps abusing hacks, 3 can keep using hacks that have been improved based on results of 2.

Vicious circle. Never ending. And 1 and 2 are basically self-sustaining as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    Origin has almost no security, people get hacked on a daily basis and the accounts are traded for dirt cheap. The service is usually brought down by hackers as well, it's basically steams retarded cousin that's been inbred a few generations.
    I'm curious, do you have sources?
    Last edited by Vespian; 2013-02-03 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by frigoffrick View Post
    I don't understand.... how do you have fun... hacking...?...
    I've seen people botting battlegrounds on WoW PTR where all pvp gear is free. My mind has never been so perplexed in my life.

I was feeling sad about my computer not being able to handle Crysis 3 but I guess it's better than facing that ridiculousness.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Thats called skillful play