Poll: Legendary Weapon

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Only way I'd be cool with this is if the reward was to xmog your old legendary to your current weapon...
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Nothanks. It's just flat out stupid. The biggest possible upgrade for every single class, and you get it by soloing. All weapon drops in raids would be rendered useless. Lol'd.

15+ Year Old Account
    i think everyone needs to go look up what the MMO in mmorpg means

Slightly off topic, but the way this game is going, I'm just waiting for the 5 man raids, shortly thereafter followed by the 1 man raids. We're moving more and more towards WoW being a single player game.

OT: I agree, where's the no to both option? It's an important option.

I wonder how many people chose both of the last two options in order to balance it out to being a no to both.

If these upgrade legendaries become better than what you can get raiding the current content, people will be forced to get them for progression.

Enhance shamans dont even have a old legendary they can use with the current set up for the class. There is no one hand axe or mace they can use.
    Feral/guardian druids are in much the same boat. There is old legendary they would use if it was upgraded.

Enhance will not be able to use some of their abilities if they were to use Sulfuras, as they cant have an offhand equipped while they use sulfuras.
    Ferals and guardians will lose a huge amount of agility if they use sulfuras.

Many guilds out there that are very progression focused bench classes/specs if another can perform better, any spec/class that could use an upgraded legendary would be given priority over those that didnt, or couldnt use one.

Also OP, you missed the option No to both.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomia View Post
    You suck you take too much time to clear it...or give up and you dont get it
    You are pro, You get it in a short time

Forcing player to become better is a good thing. You made it sound like becoming better is a sin and needs to be avoided at all cost.
    Like what some guy said "You dont try, You dont Fail..so Never try" Thats just so wrong.

Whats wrong in forcing people to become better? Rather than the raid is mostly for fun cause of the mini games before the bosses we have been discussing, they will also prove there skils.

...and it didnt take long for them to implement pokemon on wow. Which we all know comes from another game.
    What makes you think anyone would get better? This idea is designed for the lazy people and as everyone knows that if they dont one shot it then they will be on the forums demanding a nerf to it.

How about NO to both. And if you want people to get better you dont go and give them legendaries, you make them work for it.

Yea, no thanks. I'd rather not have items from 3 expacs ago suddently become the way to go. If you put in time for the legendary when it was relevant, then you got your use out of it. It shouldn't be anything more than cosmetic at this point, considering not a single one of the old legendary items is difficult to get, just time consuming.

I am taking note of everything but the problem I dont see anything to replace the idea since people are not sharing there own idea. Too many said they dont like the legendary as reward but none has said any replacement for it, or too few

Rather than saying I dont like and I like, Im also asking for what to do about it. I opened an idea for everyone to continue but whats happening I opened an Idea and none is trying give there own. Share what you want to add tell me what you want. Open your minds and imagine stuff you had always wanted to be on wow which curently does not exist. Thats what Im asking.

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 03:07 PM ----------

What you said is too short. After saying No to both you should also say what you want in the game. I cant do any editing to the thread when people are not giving out ideas. Tell me what you have always wanted in wow. Open your imaginations.

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 03:13 PM ----------

Ok you dont like legendary. Now tell me what you want as replacement for that.

Its not realy for lazy people since like what I had said its 100% mechanic base raid (zero tank and spank) Gear has no vallue and can be done naked. Its all about using everything in your spellbook and mastery of once class. A pro player that has played the same class for many years and has mastered everything can finish it in less than an hour but a newb will take months making strategies and learning which spell is used to which mechanics. Unlike your typical 2-5 mechanic a boss till hp goes zero, this idea is 30-50 mechanic a boss. Purely brain game. Imagine all the mechanic in wow right now all in one boss plus add more that doesnt exist.

The thing is people can't say what they want because the poll is bias and doesn't have the no to both option.

Have you ever considered by saying no to both, people are implying they don't want any change? If people wanted drastic changes, they would be playing a different game.

There planing on making legendary on all classes similar to what they did on rogues but thats off topic.
    This is not about gear, its about adding something not found in wow. Im already planing on removing the legendary as reward and making it something els but too few gave out an idea of what they wanted.
    I know every player has there own imagination and since your already here then share your idea and I will use that to make the tread more apealing.

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 03:29 PM ----------

I originaly planed to add no to both.
    but theres a problem...its human nature to be blind to anything not part of your reality
    I want people to keep on thinking, keep on asking question, keep on expressing there emotion, keep on sharing ideas.

In order to invite the bright minds of the gamers

Unlike your typical 2-5 mechanic a boss till hp goes zero, this idea is 30-50 mechanic a boss. Purely brain game. Imagine all the mechanic in wow right now all in one boss plus add more that doesnt exist.
    First of all, Pre-nerf Heroic Ragnaros had ~21 different abilities if you include his adds and their abilties. This is not including the tight dps timers for phase 3 and 4, requiring people to have mastered their individual rotations and also the loads of damage healers had to heal in phase 4 (first kill had what, 3 or 4 healers on 25 to have the dps which really put pressure on the healers)

You saying that boss fights have 2-5 mechanics shows that you either no nothing about heroic raiding, or are exaggerating to prove a point which you have been failing at in this thread.

I originaly planed to add no to both.
    but theres a problem...its human nature to be blind to anything not part of your reality
    I want people to keep on thinking, keep on asking question, keep on expressing there emotion, keep on sharing ideas.

In order to invite the bright minds of the gamers
    I think your being blind to the reality that the vast majority of the people commenting on this thread don't like your idea, but you keep trying to justify it.
    It seems the only ideas you want shared are the ones in sync with your idea...

Nope, Im not interested in my own idea either, Since there is too many flaws in it. I just opened it in a way that can invite people.

The problem, people are not sharing any idea. None has said what they want to add. What reward do you want? What type of raid do you want? what are the things you want to add in a raid? want a bigger raid? want a smaller raid? whats missing in wow that you have always wanted to be in it? etc, etc, etc
    (There is a few though...but too few)
    I had made the poll in a way that the majority will disagree. It will open there imaginations. If you disagree means you have thought of something better. My goal is to make people speak up and share what they want to have in wow.

If there are no idea in the comments then how can I edit the thread?
    Last edited by Tomia; 2013-02-03 at 08:52 PM.

Deleted
    No to both means leave the forum.
    So basicly what you mean is that if someone disagrees with you they are not welcome here?

I think this is a terrible idea. Leave the legendarys as they are.

The problem, people are not sharing any idea. None has said what they want to add. What reward do you want? What type of raid do you want? what are the things you want to add in a raid? want a bigger raid? want a smaller raid? whats missing in wow that you have always wanted to be in it? etc, etc, etc
    I don't understand why you're pushing for it.

People don't like the idea *as a whole* and therefore they don't want it to exist; they're not interested in "improving it", they just don't want it. It's not a problem of "Oh I love this part, but I with it had x instead". It's more like "I don't like any of these".

I'll give you some of the problems with it:

* I don't want developers to waste time on more solo encounters. What you're describing is much more vast than ANY other fight in WoW and takes way more time to develop compared to Brawler's Guild. And you even want class specific fights. I rather have more multiplayer content instead.

* Most of the old legendaries can be obtained solo or with a small group. While some of them take time, the effort spend on current content has more value since it isn't faceroll and requires a group effort inside and outside the raid. The lucky rogue on Illidan pug shouldn't get better loot compared to the one who finished 16/16hc, even if they completed your idea of a 1-man 'raid'.

* While you think having no HP bars will make it solely based on skill, but, doing tacts AND pulling good numbers at the same time is harder than only doing what mechanics require.

Overall, I think it's a bad idea.

Where is the "No to legendary upgrade, No to 1m raid" option?

/edit: only read the first post because it was on the mmo-c frontpage. Apparently this was asked before.
    Last edited by Lil; 2013-02-04 at 11:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind stuff as class-specific 1-man scenarios, but if something should be awarded, let it be purely cosmetic, yet related to your class.

As for a true one person raid ... and legendary upgrading? Nah, I'd skip that bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I added a "no to both" option.

I agree, no to both. One, very few people I think would enjoy a solo raid like this. When I raided in our 25 man group (for years), it was to have fun with my friends along with picking up cool gear. Not to do it alone. Now I solo old raids for fun but for nothing else. I wouldn't want to do anything like that alone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    I wouldn't mind stuff as class-specific 1-man scenarios, but if something should be awarded, let it be purely cosmetic, yet related to your class.

As for a true one person raid ... and legendary upgrading? Nah, I'd skip that bit.
    And I actually think this is already in game, kinda.

Atleast, if they make the green fire questline for locks "tough", in start - with scaling down your ilvl - thats basicly what that is.