Dang if the beta did start didnt get in either TT

Quote Originally Posted by -Sj View Post
    I'm not sure if the beta has started yet or not, but seeing as how beta sign-ups started a while ago, it's better to remind people beforehand rather than after it's too late. Just keep that in mind and report any NDA breaches ASAP so we can delete or edit the posts.

Don't take this as an announcement as the beta starting, but that there is an NDA for any of you that get in.
    Sir yes sir.

It feels odd seeing your name now, so used to SarahJane.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    I dont like it obviously? :P
    Yes but for what reason?

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i didnt think we would get beta this early, but if its not beta i dont see what the NDA is for. unless there is alpha testers here :P

but yeah, as soon as i saw the NDA i checked me emails so fast, really dissapointed
    yea i did the same thing, then i checked their twitter, they said they would do an announcement when they did start inviting ppl so they havent yet. Stupid MMO-C mods getting my hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by aycheff View Post
    Dang if the beta did start didnt get in either TT
    Again, this isn't an announcement of the beta starting (have no clue if it has or not), just a preemptive reminder to not talk about Fight Club beta info.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    It feels odd seeing your name now, so used to SarahJane.
    Many people didn't get the Doctor Who reference and just thought I was a girl. Awkward PMs ensued.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Stupid MMO-C mods getting my hopes up.
    We're not as stupid as we look. I swear! (Blame me, it's all my doing.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Many people didn't get the Doctor Who reference and just thought I was a girl. Awkward PMs ensued.
    I think I speak for everyone when I say please post the best ones .

Stupid MMO-C mods getting my hopes up.
    I have reason to believe SJ is Sheogorath

* Shudder

Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    I think I speak for everyone when I say please post the best ones .
    I second this notion.

Another Doctor Who fan! I like you. You are my favorite mod now.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    I dont like it obviously? :P
    Yes, combat will be similar to Skyrim but with a hotbar also because you can't pause mid fight to swap skills. But yeah the whole left click attack, right click block. You have Health, Magicka and Stamina, Mundus stones for birthsign bonuses just like Skyrim. They are adding in an active dodge ability so that is different. Mouse moves your camera, wasd moves you around ( I am sure there is an auto run key somewhere so you can just use it and your mouse to move around). You have the whole cross-hairs thing for targeting although there is a soft tab target so you can pick out a target in a mob).

So, if you hated the game play of skyrim, you will not enjoy the game play of ESO.

A lot of the hate getting spewed at TESO seems to stem from misinformation.

1. Combat is real-time (active blocking, targeting, etc.)
    2. Playable in 1st and 3rd person
    3. You can use any armor or weapon
    4. Zenimax is making the game so TESO doesn't affect the single-player games
    5. Many systems in the game have not been announced yet

Listening to some of the podcasts out there will greatly alleviate your fears.

Beta hasn't started yet, Zenimax said they would make an announcement when they start sending out invites

10+ Year Old Account
    We're not as stupid as we look. I swear! (Blame me, it's all my doing.)
    /blame.

and yes, NDA is as annoying as it is, violating it is illegal(?), not sure if the right word. Against ToS is a bit more correct I suppose.

The NDA, if you didn't read it, is your generic NDA, basically shut up and keep it to yourself and do what they ask if you can (testing certain things).

FYI I posted the portion of the NDA everyone needs to familiarize themselves with as a sticky. (Sorry, no embarrassing PMs included.)

They still insist on locking faction zones? Any info?? This is a huge NO for me. I hate alts that means I won't be able to explore 2/3 of world...

Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    They still insist on locking faction zones? Any info?? This is a huge NO for me. I hate alts that means I won't be able to explore 2/3 of world...
    Yeah, I'm not sure why they can't use the megaserver tech to at least allow pvp in enemy territory. The survey could ask if you want to be flagged or not, or something to that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Woakerio View Post
    Yeah, I'm not sure why they can't use the megaserver tech to at least allow pvp in enemy territory. The survey could ask if you want to be flagged or not, or something to that effect.
    Is it because megaserver technology they are using? I am not expert in this area but being able to PvP in a huge area(4th area) means their tech allows them. Companies tend to lie for whatever reason. I am not saying they are lying but it's just bad for me. I won't even try the game with region locks.

Is it because megaserver technology they are using? I am not expert in this area but being able to PvP in a huge area(4th area) means their tech allows them. Companies tend to lie for whatever reason. I am not saying they are lying but it's just bad for me. I won't even try the game with region locks.
    It more has to do with the type of game they are trying to make and that is one part being Group/Solo PvE play where ppl can be the focal point of their story or band together to tackle different obstacles and missions together. And the other part is Massive world PvP. So because they want this certain kind of exploration/story experience similar to what you get in a normal elderscrolls game they dont want other players from the warring faction to interrupt your story, it would be like someone jumping into your skyrim game and killing you.

So they want each faction to have its own central story and adventures to do. I like to think of it as 3 different elderscrolls games. Each one taking place in different areas but all during the same time period. I dont have a problem with making alts if the story is good or the game makes you want to explore all the different areas they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Woakerio View Post
    A lot of the hate getting spewed at TESO seems to stem from misinformation.

1. Combat is real-time (active blocking, targeting, etc.)
    2. Playable in 1st and 3rd person
    3. You can use any armor or weapon
    4. Zenimax is making the game so TESO doesn't affect the single-player games
    5. Many systems in the game have not been announced yet

Listening to some of the podcasts out there will greatly alleviate your fears.
    That does alleviate SOME of my fears. Unfortunately there seems to be no relief from MY (and a lot of other people greatest fear of the game. That fear being faction-locked territories.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they really lock the zones like that, then it means the already most likely hectic faction imbalance to the Ebonheart Pact will just get all that more hectic, as people are going to want to see Morrowind (and to a lesser extent, Skyrim.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

hmm, i hadn't thought of faction imbalance yet. i'd imagine that daggerfall covenant will be the least played, and aldmeri dominion being most played.

So they want each faction to have its own central story and adventures to do. I like to think of it as 3 different elderscrolls games. Each one taking place in different areas but all during the same time period. I dont have a problem with making alts if the story is good or the game makes you want to explore all the different areas they have.
    That's a good point, could be they want to mesh a single-player experience into an MMO world. If the zones truly are as huge as they say, it shouldn't hurt a player's experience (though making an alt to see everything would be necessary). I think it all comes down to content, and from what people say who have gotten their hands on TESO, it is Elder Scrolls...but Online.