10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gainesvilleg View Post
    I haven't played WOW in years but you are 100% correct. People that point to "wasting your time in games" are the same people that sit on the couch and watch mindless TV reality shows and sitcoms for hours a night. Or even mindless "news shows" with the same shit night after night.

I game a bunch, but I watch TV only as a means to fall asleep. I game no more than "normal" people watch TV. Just the TV doesn't keep track of their TV watching hours like games do so they get to feel less guilty about it LOL.
    With the advent of the internet, I almost never watch TV. I mean, whats the point? Most everything you see on TV is downloadable off the net, and if its new then it most likely will be DLable in a day or so. Plus, since I live in Aust, it takes fucking months for all the decent US/UK TV (Breaking bad, walking dead, GoT etcetc) to actually get here.

I mean uhh, Skyrim, dragons, Elder Scrolls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Here are some cool mods that make use of the MCM feature added in the latest SkyUI:

Restricted Skyrim adds level and perk requirements to gear.

Field Alchemy makes alchemy work like in the old games, letting you brew potions everywhere and use items like alembics to improve their effects.

Enhanced 3rd Person Camera lets you easily edit how the camera is positioned, which could previously only be done through INI editing.

Kace Auto Loot can automaticly loot items like gold, potions/poisons, soul gems etc for each enemy you kill, saving you a lot of clicking.

Deadly Dragons now uses MCM for its config menu as well.

Achieve That is definitely one of the more interesting ones. This adds a bunch of custom achievements that give you various bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post

Achieve That is definitely one of the more interesting ones. This adds a bunch of custom achievements that give you various bonuses.
    Hah..this made me shake my head a bit there. Oh my god this game does not have achievements !? My life is over! hahahaha. /sigh. MMO's maken meer kapot dan je lief is. Sorry, no English translation for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Hah..this made me shake my head a bit there. Oh my god this game does not have achievements !? My life is over! hahahaha. /sigh. MMO's maken meer kapot dan je lief is. Sorry, no English translation for that one.
    Actually the game does have achievements and in defence of the creator and people that may use it what exactly is wrong with it? It adds more to the game and gives you random things to do in-game I don't see how that can possibly be bad especially since it's free and doesn't cost a thing besides a small amount of bandwith.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    Actually the game does have achievements and in defence of the creator and people that may use it what exactly is wrong with it? It adds more to the game and gives you random things to do in-game I don't see how that can possibly be bad especially since it's free and doesn't cost a thing besides a small amount of bandwith.
    It's the mindset that leads to the creation and desire of such a mod, not the application of the mod itself, that never ceases to amaze me. Achievements are filler content usually forced down your throat by a developer (one example being Blizzard) and people keep playing the game. Sometimes even just for those artificial achievements. But I never expected this silly addiction to be something that people would want to add to their games themselves...

So what achievements are in? Jump from x height without dying?

It's the mindset that leads to the creation and desire of such a mod, not the application of the mod itself, that never ceases to amaze me. Achievements are filler content usually forced down your throat by a developer (one example being Blizzard) and people keep playing the game. Sometimes even just for those artificial achievements. But I never expected this silly addiction to be something that people would want to add to their games themselves...

So what achievements are in? Jump from x height without dying?
    As you said it keeps you playing the game, what exactly is wrong with a mod adding more to a single-player game? No I don't have it but as you said it's filler content people will be playing Skyrim more to get those extra achievements and in turn getting better value on the game they bought.

As you said it keeps you playing the game, what exactly is wrong with a mod adding more to a single-player game? No I don't have it but as you said it's filler content people will be playing Skyrim more to get those extra achievements and in turn getting better value on the game they bought.
    I find it funny when someone complains about something that "keeps people playing the game", when I thought that's the entire reason someone buys a game. To play it and keep playing it.

What I mean is, why do you need a mod that tells you how much of a good boy you are, in a single player game? There's thousands of mods that add value to your game. I play Skyrim very often with all kinds of different mods. I'm not complaining about "a random mod". Why do you need this semi-physical proof of the fact that you did something, when obviously, you know you did.

What I mean is, why do you need a mod that tells you how much of a good boy you are, in a single player game? There's thousands of mods that add value to your game. I play Skyrim very often with all kinds of different mods. I'm not complaining about "a random mod". Why do you need this semi-physical proof of the fact that you did something, when obviously, you know you did.
    So I take it you didn't bother actually reading the mod description? Hell, even Lazy Gecko's brief blurb about it tells you that they give tangible rewards.
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2013-02-03 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    So I take it you didn't bother actually reading the mod description? Hell, even Lacy Gecko's brief blurb about it tells you that they give tangible rewards.
    And? I can install a thousand mods that add reward to an event in-game. The thing about this, is the fact that I'm killing this man as my objective. I'm not killing him with the achievement as my objective. Adding reward (like flying mounts) to achievements makes the achievement more relevant? I think not. Adding rewards to a difficult encounter, that's relevant.

Not some crazy "congratulations, here's your stroke of e-peen and here have a mount".

So to summarize, why do you need achievements as a requirement for a reward, when the act itself should reward you. And the rest I said in the part you quoted.

And? I can install a thousand mods that add reward to an event in-game. The thing about this, is the fact that I'm killing this man as my objective. I'm not killing him with the achievement as my objective. Adding reward (like flying mounts) to achievements makes the achievement more relevant? I think not. Adding rewards to a difficult encounter, that's relevant.

Not some crazy "congratulations, here's your stroke of e-peen and here have a mount".
    Can you take your beef with WoW somewhere else? This is a Skyrim thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    I find it funny when someone complains about something that "keeps people playing the game", when I thought that's the entire reason someone buys a game. To play it and keep playing it.
    That I can strongly agree with.

I don't have it installed but based on the screenshots provided on the mods page it also keeps statistics for how much gold you pickpocket, amount of chests looted, kilometres/miles covered, books read, dungeons cleared and I'm sure there's a few fun achievements in there too.

You have to realize while some may enjoy installing mods for a new quest or dungeon to clear like yourself some enjoy more achievements to be human is to be different.

I have to agree with Unholy it really does seem that way.

Well, this was wondering about the "why in Skyrim", so not entirely off-topic, but I do agree that the involvement of third parties has made this specific topic, off-topic enough to stop continuing this. I'm happy you agree to disagree.

I have to agree with Unholy it really does seem that way.
    It was an example. I'm sure you know what it means. I have beef with any type of achievement, but I understand they are in competitive and generally in online games, because there's people to show off to.

I asked, why Skyrim. And yes, I subconsciously did register that neither of you managed to explain
    Last edited by Vespian; 2013-02-03 at 09:31 PM.

Well, this was wondering about the "why in Skyrim", so not entirely off-topic, but I do agree that the involvement of third parties has made this specific topic, off-topic enough to stop continuing this. I'm happy you agree to disagree.
    And we've reached the part of the argument where you put words in other people's mouths. Wonderful.

But here's the best part about mods. The question is not "why in Skyrim?". The question is "why not?".

Because it's a mod. Because it's fun. And the achievement stick you've got rammed up your ass does not dictate how anyone else has fun.

Because it's a mod. Because it's fun. And the achievement stick you've got rammed up your ass does not dictate how anyone else has fun.
    I'm not sure, but this qualifies for a report does it not? Not that I will, of course, but I had some hope that we could end this as decent people. Please refrain from using such language. It's not necessary. If you don't want to agree to disagree, then why did you end the discussion earlier and why are you still disagreeing with me, out loud, now.

Edit: Just to make it obvious, This is a rhetorical question. I don't need an answer (which is what rhetorical means, but you know, forums). Just end it.

I'm not sure, but this qualifies for a report does it not? Not that I will, of course, but I had some hope that we could end this as decent people. Please refrain from using such language. It's not necessary. If you don't want to agree to disagree, then why did you end the discussion earlier and why are you still disagreeing with me, out loud, now.
    The following would also qualify as a report but as you said let's ignore the the offensive language, it's not needed.

MMO's maken meer kapot dan je lief is. Sorry, no English translation for that one.

The following would also qualify as a report but let's ignore the the offensive language, it's not needed.
    Really? Then what did I say? I said something in Dutch, that I'm unable to translate to English. It's ..a saying, basically, and sayings are heavily localized. Please don't make silly assumptions, it says nothing bad.

What I said is, that MMO's break more than one would like. It just doesn't sound right in English.

Really? Then what did I say? I said something in Dutch, that I'm unable to translate to English. It's ..a saying, basically, and sayings are heavily localized. Please don't make silly assumptions, it says nothing bad.

What I said is, that MMO's break more than one would like. It just doesn't sound right in English.
    Lol it really doesn't.

BUT ON TO MORE IMPORTANT THINGS!

DRAGONBORN IN 2 DAYS I SO EXCITE!
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

In the rules it asks to only post in english. The reasoning behind it is not everyone knows the language and for all we know it could be an insult.

But it really doesn't matter it typically is ignored.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/faq.php?faq=forumrules

It's under general posting guidelines.
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2013-02-03 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hoppins View Post
    In the rules it asks to only post in english. The reasoning behind it is not everyone knows the language and for all we know it could be an insult.
    Right, but why this:
    as you said let's ignore the the offensive language, it's not needed.
    Surely, you must have considered the possibility that I wasn't being offensive?

And yes, gogo Dragonborn