Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What will be Garrosh's memento and where shall it be shown?

Assuming we straight out kill Garrosh in SoO, there ought to be a memorial for him or the deed afterwards. Lich King had the statue in Dalaran, Deathwing's jaw was split between Stormwind and Orgrimmar. What about Hellscream? I assume Gorehowl will be re-introduced as a more powerful 2h axe than the Kara-equivalent, so that won't likely be part of the memorial. Or could it..? Perhaps a statue would do.

I've long wondered what the purpose for this empty space is. Now I think it's a fitting place for something for us to remember Garrosh by, if Thrall/the new Warchief chooses to honor his memory that much.

As for Stormwind.. I dunno, maybe somewhere in the palace?

You're acting like there would be a memento and that there is a pattern, when there isn't.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Maybe in Pandaria near the Mogu-Shan Palace, Faction-palaces or Outland where he was born?

We can't be serious if Garrosh is going to be killed, maybe he'll be new Warchief main Bodyguard?

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You're acting like there would be a memento and that there is a pattern, when there isn't.

Wrath and Cata both hand ending cinematics, so there is no reason to think that MoP will be any different. Cutscenes weren't really utilized in vanilla and TBC apart from the CG trailers, either.

I'm guessing the trigger object will be a part of Garrosh's armor, like his horn pauldrons or w/e. The throne room in Org is a logical place for Horde players, and I can see the Alliance displaying a fragment of it in Stormwind's throne room as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargas View Post
    Wrath and Cata both hand ending cinematics, so there is no reason to think that MoP will be any different. Cutscenes weren't really utilized in vanilla and TBC apart from the CG trailers, either.
    He said memento, not cinematic. Classic and TBC didn't have a memento.

10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine he'll get a similar send off to the last racial leader-turned-evil dictator, Kael'thas: buried at a subtle and undisclosed location near his home. So, either Durotar or Nagrand. Probably Nagrand.

I'd say we'll have two war memorials, one in Stormwind and one in Orgrimmar and in both cases they'd be statues of the main characters who took down Garrosh. Depending on how well the Alliance and Horde are getting along in the Siege's immediate aftermath, they'd either be identical statues with a mix of Horde and Alliance characters, or the Stormwind one will show only Alliance characters and the one in Orgrimmar will show only Horde characters.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargas View Post
    I'm guessing the trigger object will be a part of Garrosh's armor, like his horn pauldrons or w/e. The throne room in Org is a logical place for Horde players, and I can see the Alliance displaying a fragment of it in Stormwind's throne room as well.
    Sure no problem. Alliance can have a trophy of Garrosh to hang in their whatever, provided we then get to hang Jaina's skull or staff or something in some horde fortress.

Different thing to have a keepsake of a common enemy as in Deathy's jaw. But we're talking about the warchief of the horde. Suchs as he is. Alliance sure as hell shouldn't be hanging skulls or whatever parts of our leaders in their castles, no matter how deranged they became.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    I imagine he'll get a similar send off to the last racial leader-turned-evil dictator, Kael'thas: buried at a subtle and undisclosed location near his home. So, either Durotar or Nagrand. Probably Nagrand.
    This. No more, no less.

But wrath and cata did....

How about bury him in Garadar? The very place where we first met Garrosh

both mementos serve as the in-game way of accessing the cinematic without killing the boss. if garrosh do end up having a death cinematic, there will be a memento.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    both mementos serve as the in-game way of accessing the cinematic without killing the boss. if garrosh do end up having a death cinematic, there will be a memento.
    That is true, but people are trying to build a pattern out of it. People thought the expansion after wrath would be 10 level increase but it was 5. But this is all just off-topic so I'll just go on topic.

Anyway, I figure it would be a grave for Org and his weapons in SW.

Deleted
    I don't think that he needs a memento. He was what he is, and he did awful things but he is dead (presumably), so let it go.

Since his death will bring peace between the Alliance and the Horde, the declaration of this peace could be made out in a statue. Like Varian and the new Horde Warchief standing side-by side looking forward to our new glorious future, or something. This would also fit for the ending cinematics.

He would be imprisoned in the ragefire chasm, waiting to be the next Illidan.

just my wishful thinking, but I'd pay to see the statue of sylvanas giving the middle finger in front of garrosh's grave
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    A Giant Rainbow across the sky as well smiling face on sun. Brace yourself mortals !!! As time of sissyness has come !!!

We might just dethrone him, and i think it'll be his armour or his weapon on a rack somewhere.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually like Garrosh. What I think it should be is him being a puppet for a higher power, and Garrosh being completely powerless against it. I mean, how do we go from Stonetalon Garrosh to MoP Garrosh?

And Sylvanas? She's just as pissed off at the world, and Garrosh has nothing to do with who she hates. If Garrosh is gone, she'll find another. And another.

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 11:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    A Giant Rainbow across the sky as well smiling face on sun. Brace yourself mortals !!! As time of sissyness has come !!!
    ROFL!! YES!!!! And in will come a Blood Elf sausage party council to lead the horde.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

The piece of his armor would be a good choice . I'd also say Gorehowl if only for one location.

Or, we could put his chin up next to Deathwing's!

Huh. So you've never noticed Onyxia or Nefarian's heads in the faction capital?

Quote Originally Posted by Ceilingpony View Post
    I don't think that he needs a memento. He was what he is, and he did awful things but he is dead (presumably), so let it go.

Since his death will bring peace between the Alliance and the Horde, the declaration of this peace could be made out in a statue. Like Varian and the new Horde Warchief standing side-by side looking forward to our new glorious future, or something. This would also fit for the ending cinematics.

I think I... yep... oh yeah I just threw up in my mouth a little.