Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Sunsong Ranch Next Expansion

Sunsong Ranch is my favorite thing this expac, it's the only daily hub I participate in, my only fear is... what will happen to it in the future?

Will it disappear into the abyss of good ideas that were thrown away?

Will it be upgraded to grow the new expansions mats?

What do you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    be left to die..

i hate that god damn farm -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope its's upgraded, as I like not needing a gathering profession. But I doubt it will be.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

I think they will add player housing and the farm will be apart of that instead of being something thats only in Pandaria.

I would love for it to be upgraded to continue providing the next expansion's mats, but I doubt it will happen.

Sunsong Ranch is my second favorite place to just hang about and relax in-game.

due to the success blizz will continue to keep sun song relative.

Consider Sunsong a beta version of what we'll get as far as farming mats in the next xpac. No way they completely dispense with the concept; it's way too popular.

It'll be expanded. Just like LFD grew into LFR. Probably we'll be hiring people to farm for us, and it won't be just us alone who can see our farms. Maybe even we could hire other players to farm for us (but I'm thinking just NPCs).
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Think the relative success of the farm will make Blizzard rethink its position on player housing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    be left to die..

i hate that god damn farm -.-
    This, wouldnt even touch that farmville if i wasnt the kinda person who has to have every single profession and such maxed out so i can just rather farm mats and make everything my self rather than paying for stuff from ah

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by vamonos View Post
    This, wouldnt even touch that farmville if i wasnt the kinda person who has to have every single profession and such maxed out so i can just rather farm mats and make everything my self rather than paying for stuff from ah
    Good thing it's not Farmville then... It's Harvest Moon.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I'd like to keep it.

Deleted
    In the future, I'd love to have some new farms in other locations as well! Always wanted to have my own farm in Elwynn Forest ever since this feature was released...

Here's another possible application of the Sunsong Ranch formula.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-shops-feature

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Good thing it's not Farmville then... It's Harvest Moon.
    ye.. thank god i dont even know what harvest moon is, same shait everything farm this wait x:hours pick them up and repeat

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    I think they will add player housing and the farm will be apart of that instead of being something thats only in Pandaria.
    Given the general response to Sunsong Ranch, I agree. Most people like it, and it really seems like a kind of very early testing for player housing, at least the way the WoW engine allows for it.

Deleted
    Don't you dare take my farmland ! ò,ó

I like this thing and wanna keep it.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    ye.. thank god i dont even know what harvest moon is, same shait everything farm this wait x:hours pick them up and repeat
    Filthy plebeian :P

It's one of the most beloved non-action video game series of all time.

EDIT:Also you don't have to wait in HM you work with your crops and farm animals, hang with the locals, and explore the wilderness.
    Then you go to bed and then it's a new day!
    Last edited by kage; 2013-02-03 at 11:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kage View Post
    It's one of the most beloved non-action video game series of all time.

EDIT:Also you don't have to wait in HM you work with your crops and farm animals, hang with the locals, and explore the wilderness.
    Then you go to bed and then it's a new day!
    well doesnt that then make sunsong much more like farmville (aka timer farming) than harvest moon? :P

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    well doesnt that then make sunsong much more like farmville (aka timer farming) than harvest moon? :P
    Nope, since a big part of Sunsong and the Tillers is in fact - interacting with the locals, grinding rep with them, helping them etc etc.