Poll: What do you think?

Thread: LFR loot ideas

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

LFR loot ideas

So the other day my buddy and I were talking about LFR and the roll system. We both agreed that it was nice to not see people fighting over a single piece of loot and that we noticed more people actually continuing the raid after killing that one boss that they needed/wanted. However during the discussion I came up with an idea for an npc that I'm curious how the community would feel about such a npc. The npc would be another person with the transmog/reforge/void storage/ upgrade guy (yes I know that building is crowded maybe its time they buy a bigger piece of property with all that money they are making) but he would focus solely on LFR loot. Here's how it would work.

-Do LFR and kill a boss
    -Boss gives you a piece of loot
    -You realize that hey you already have that piece of loot. (situation 1)
    -You realize the piece you just won from the other lfr is almost identical or very close in stats (situation 2)
    -You can go to the eternal (or whatever that model is called) and pay a fee of 100g to trade that piece for another piece of gear from the same bosses loot table.

See the thing is regardless of what you try the rng automatically rolls for you even if you have every piece of gear from that boss. That means that currently if you win say a head piece but already have that piece then 1 winning roll gave a piece of gear that will be sold to a vendor. Now you won something useless and someone else got gold. Another thing that could be done with this is that you could get rid of that piece that you didn't need since its not much of an upgrade. It also allows things to possibly run more smoothly because let's say I'm on my paladin but I really want that shield but my tank spec isn't that great. I currently would have to go into prot spec and make the fight last longer possibly or be a wipe just to try and get the piece all while annoying the raid. This way I could be in ret or holy and trade my piece for that shield that I really wanted which means the fight went faster and people weren't annoyed. This also could increase the amount of people in queue as it gives an easier way to build their offspec.

The second idea I had was one where whenever the boss is killed lets say I see I win an item and really I want nothing at all from this boss but the next boss is where I want to get a piece of gear. When the thing saying I won the piece comes up possibly have a second user interface alert come up asking if I want to keep the piece or pass on my winning. If I decide to pass on my winning I am awarded with 56 gold instead of the usual 28 as well as a small increase to my chance to win a piece of gear from a later boss.

So people of mmo-champion what do you think of my idea

10+ Year Old Account
    While I kind of like it, I feel it's going to be a problem as it'll cross into the area that Blizzard doesn't want: making gear less random and more suited. You're taking a risk every time you kill a boss that you'll get gold or an item you want or an item you don't need. Being able to trade it, give it away, pass on it, or sell it back for another piece takes away from that risk and randomness.

I only say I don't like the ideas presented because I am very much against any idea changing the way the LFR loot system is now, to make it easier would take away a lot in my eyes, Blizzard made it the way it is now so you could not run it for a month and forget about it. But as idea's go they are the least intrusive I've seen when it comes to LFR loot system.
    Last edited by dejec1989; 2013-02-04 at 02:34 AM.

RNG is what makes the game fun. So you will cry and make threads and polls if you don't get the LEWTZ you so wanted?

Here's my system they should implement: Go back to the old 4.3 system but you can only role on the item if it is a higher ilvl than the item you already got. This stops Huge guilds from gearing up only one person and dominating the loot table.

LFR doesn't need more loot. It should give less or none, so that people feel inclined to PuG normal raids. Raiding is such a great social experience and it's being replaced by mindless loot grinding. If you want loot, run MSV normal. If you and your friends put enough effort it will take less time than the 5 LFRs and you will get loot that actually drops from bosses that you notice you killed.

Would be nice if we could trade one item we dont need a week for a gold charm. But thats just not going to happen. Would probably take wayyy too much time to implement just for the sake of an extra charm a week.

It really seems we're just gonna have to get used to having drops we dont need from time to time :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people think there is a problem. Loot as been given out the exact same way for 8 years now why change it? Even the new lfr system is the exact same with the exact same chance of loot. Just because you are unlucky does not make it a problem.
    Aye mate

the only change i'd like to make is being able to designate how many coins we want to use on a boss. like if i down a boss, i could choose to roll 4 times so as long as i have 4 coins

Why do you feel like LFR (The Easiest form of playing) should offer a WAYY faster way of gearing up then heroics or normals? I think its hilarious how LFR heroes want to complain about loot in LFR when thats how raiding in WoW has been since 2004.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Why do people think there is a problem. Loot as been given out the exact same way for 8 years now why change it? Even the new lfr system is the exact same with the exact same chance of loot. Just because you are unlucky does not make it a problem.
    O really? For 8 years loot has dropped this way in lfr? I don't remember it that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinachsandwich View Post
    O really? For 8 years loot has dropped this way in lfr? I don't remember it that way.
    did i not say exact same chance of loot? please read. "Even with the new lfr system"
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-02-04 at 06:16 AM.

LFR loot should just go back to 4.3 way.

In the past this system actually made you to become social; interacting with guildies or negotiating with strangers to give the loot to you. So people with more social interactions were actually rewarded more.

It brought sense of server/guild community. Now it's gone and I really miss it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    LFR loot should just go back to 4.3 way.

In the past this system actually made you to become social; interacting with guildies or negotiating with strangers to give the loot to you. So people with more social interactions were actually rewarded more.

It brought sense of server/guild community. Now it's gone and I really miss it
    ... you mean assholes needing on stuff they don't need or already had just to piss off other people? or the guild groups that would go in and need everything then trade it to the toon/s that they want to? or the people that begged you for loot that you got even if you need it for an upgrade? or the people that would need stuff just to de it? or the people that would need loot and then sell it to others?

all it did was let the assholes be assholes.
    Aye mate

Because valor is "taking a back seat" this expansion. Nobody would care if they had a back up plan for gearing. Valor made it so that you weren't at the mercy of RNG. Remove that and people realize how fucking shitty it is. It was shitty in vanilla to btw. In fact it's always been shitty.

Do any that and Blizzard would just make the overall drop rate lower in the first place. They have a a rough amount of time in their heads for how long it should take on average for a person to gear up. Every method of gear acquisition is balanced around it taking about that amount of time, and things like winning duplicate items are accounted for in that. Both of your options would speed that process up rather significantly. which they do not want for various reasons. Thus the real thing you need to convince Blizzard of is that the overall rate of gear acquisition is too low.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Because valor is "taking a back seat" this expansion. Nobody would care if they had a back up plan for gearing. Valor made it so that you weren't at the mercy of RNG. Remove that and people realize how fucking shitty it is. It was shitty in vanilla to btw. In fact it's always been shitty.
    You are talking like valor doesn't exist anymore. Valor is still the same the cap is just a few 100 below what it used to be. You can get everything but a weapon from valor so its hardly "taking a back seat". In fact this is the first xpack where valor (or in bc/wrath badges which are the same thing) had a WHOLE SET from the start of the expansion.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-02-04 at 06:45 AM.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    You are talking like valor doesn't exist anymore. Valor is still the same the cap is just a few 100 below what it used to be. You can get everything but a weapon from valor so its hardly "taking a back seat". In fact this is the first xpack where valor had a WHOLE SET from the start of the expansion.
    It has taken a back seat because most of the VP stuff (excluding the 5.1 stuff) has a lower iLvl than most of the current tier. (pre-5.1 VP stuff being iLvl 489, HoF/Terrace stuff being 496)
    Unlike in Cata, where you could buy iLvl 397 stuff, which was the same iLvl as DS normal.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

Idea #1
    LFR gear you don't need can be sold / traded for a tokens by a special NPCs. Items can be only traded within 2 hours of their looting. The tokens would be categorized by the raid the item was looted from, for example:

LFR Mogu'shan Vaults Token of Equipment
    LFR Heart of Fear Token of Equipment
    LFR ToES Token of Equipment

When you have enough tokens, say 3 to 8, depending on an item (weapons and trinkets should cost more). You can redeem an item of your choice that is native to that token's raid instance.

Idea #2
    LFR loot can be sold / traded for Elder Charms of Good Fortune for 2 hours after looting them, this prevents hoarding and current people with LFR gear having temptations of selling their (offspec) gear in hopes of extra roll coins. Quite a simple solution.
    Last edited by Divinism; 2013-02-04 at 06:55 AM.

You are talking like valor doesn't exist anymore. Valor is still the same the cap is just a few 100 below what it used to be. You can get everything but a weapon from valor so its hardly "taking a back seat". In fact this is the first xpack where valor (or in bc/wrath badges which are the same thing) had a WHOLE SET from the start of the expansion.
    To be fair, what he said was accurate as Blizzard themselves has said many times since MoP's release that they were not happy with how prominent a role that Valor had taken in the overall gearing process, and that they want killing bosses to be the primary method of acquiring gear rather than collecting points to buy stuff from a magic armor vendor. This led to things like the lower VP cap, and having the Valor gear locked behind reputations to make it not as accessible as in prior expansions.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.