Page 30 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    better yet, how do you do raz 10 man?
    I just ran in, tanked everything and facerolled. I honestly don't remember it being much of an issue. I've only done it once though, so maybe I got lucky? :s

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    I just ran in, tanked everything and facerolled. I honestly don't remember it being much of an issue. I've only done it once though, so maybe I got lucky? :s
    I somehow remembered him hitting like a truck in 10m. But then i went t do some Naxx 25 achies this weekend and it was like a wet noodle.
    I dont know if the encounter is weird sometimes or my memory bad.

I'll give it a go tonight and see how I get on. Need to try again for all those pets anyway.

I'll give it a go tonight and see how I get on. Need to try again for all those pets anyway.
    Nah. No Pet should drop in that part. But ofc if you are in naxx you can always give it a try :3
    I never bothered while farming them.

Haha ye, is what I meant: if I'm in there clearing the majority I may as well go through the DK wing as well. :P

Need to give the soloing thing another serious go at some point anyway. Last time I did a bunch of soloing was when I had about 10-20 less ilevels, so I should find stuff a little easier now I guess.

Ok! Just did it (and by that I mean Instructor Razuvious).

First off, I went in on 25 man, tried as Windwalker. Got owned: too much HP, not enough cooldowns. Won't work. After that I tried as Brewmaster: it was tricky, but if you pay attention to your self healing and use Chi Wave while guard is up, then you'll be able to kill him. I didn't though, because I wanted to try it on 10 man as well after what Asmalya said.

So yep, went 10 man, and I have to admit... I didn't get the same experience as Asmalya (it being easier on 25 man). Didn't hit very hard at all, and it was a pretty simple solo as Windwalker spec. So would've been even easier as Brewmaster. Just use Touch of Karma when you get a bit low, and Touch of Death to finish him off. Use some self healing as well if needed.

In short: go Brewmaster if you're having difficulties as Windwalker. Use your self healing, use your cooldowns. Doable, but you do have to pay attention.

I did Razuvious(10) as WW early on, probably around a low 460 ilvl and I remember it being a battle of attrition. I couldn't out-heal his big hits, but they were far enough apart that I would be close to healed by the time I got hit again. I ended up killing him before he killed me, but it was close. Now that I'm better geared though, it's a lot easier. Brewmaster though definitely makes it faceroll.

Yea when I did Raz on 10 man was WW ~470ilvl and it got pretty close. If not for Touch of Karma and Touch of Death I would have died... finished up with around 5% HP. I just tanked all 3 and burned Raz down, possibly easier killing adds first but not sure as I haven't gone back.

Will probably just as BrM next time as I can't be bothered having to run back if I don't get lucky again.

-edit-

Thinking of heading into ICC 10, do we need to go MW for Valithria?? Or has anyone tried as BrM/WW via the use of Zen Sphere (I presume healing spheres wont work).

I know it'll take a lot longer in a non heal spec, but pain in the arse the have to hearth and respec for one fight...
    Last edited by Dakara; 2013-02-05 at 01:28 AM.

Deleted
    Are monks really OP as they say?

Quote Originally Posted by RikPlastik View Post
    Are monks really OP as they say?
    No. Everything soloable by a DK is soloable by a Monk as well probably.

On topic:
    Done:
    Naxx 10 (full clear, MW+WW)
    Kel'Thuzad 25 (WW)
    Sartharion 3drake (10, WW)
    Malygos (10, MW)

Ulduar;
    Mimiron (10H, WW)
    Hodir (10H, WW)
    Freya (10H, MW)
    Thorim (10H, WW)
    XT-002 (10H, WW)
    General Vezax (25, WW)
    Yogg-Saron (10H-2guardians, WW)
    rest on 10(N, WW)

Trial of the Crusader (10, WW) full clear
    Icecrown Citadel (10, WW) full clear
    Onyxia (10, WW)

Sunwell Plateau (full clear with the exception of Kalec, MW on Brut, WW on rest)
    Black Temple (full clear, WW)
    Mount Hyjal (full clear, WW)
    Serpent Shrine Caverns (full clear, WW)
    Gruul's Lair (full clear, MW+WW)
    Karazhan (full clear, WW)

AQ40 (full clear, WW)
    Blackwing Lair (full clear, WW)
    Molten Core (full clear, WW)

Things I still have to do:
    Icecrown Citadel 25 (Gunship probably not soloable yet due to health of enemy ship)
    Trial of the Crusader 25
    Ulduar 25
    Naxxramas 25
    Onyxia 25
    Magtheridon's Lair
    AQ20
    And ofcourse other raids that I might have forgotten to mention here that are soloable.
    Last edited by Ricje; 2013-02-06 at 04:15 PM.

So far I've been able to solo:

Ony 10/25

EoT 10

BT - Full

TK - Full

Sunwell - All except Kalec, since you need 2 to complete that.

All of this has been done as WW. Ony 25 was done purely by accident. I forgot to switch the raid from 25 to 10, and was trying to figure out why Ony was hitting so hard. One shotted it though haha.

I'm wondering if a WW monk could solo Lich King 10 man heroic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerith View Post
    Ony 25 was done purely by accident. I forgot to switch the raid from 25 to 10, and was trying to figure out why Ony was hitting so hard. One shotted it though haha.
    And I was trying to figure why it took her so long to land again. D:

Quote Originally Posted by Sorefang View Post
    Pretty much this too. With adds pouring in, I wasn't getting nearly as much time to focus on her. Took a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorefang View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerith View Post
    Pretty much this too. With adds pouring in, I wasn't getting nearly as much time to focus on her. Took a long time.
    I had the exact same thing with General Vezax. Was wondering why he had 23 million HP. Figured out that it was set to 25 man after I killed him because I was doing arena with guildies before and the leader set it to 25 man:x
    Didn't do any raids prior to that (cleared primary bosses on the night before and wanted to do Vezax and Yogg that day but they wanted CP cap)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricje View Post
    Not true, but we can do MOST of what a DK can do. Fights with tank swapping mechanics give DKs, Hunters and Locks an advantage over us in terms of soloability because they can use their pets to soak the mechanic and let them drop stacks or whatever. While we can make use of Xuen (and Ox Statue to a lesser extent) for this purpose, we can't compete at quite the same level. So for instance, Mionelol (DK) has soloed Ragnaros in Firelands but I suspect that this fight is currently impossible for a monk.

snip
    How do you find MW for soloing? What sort of ilvl are you rocking? I rather miss having a MW spec on hand, but dropped it for BrM since I spend more time soloing than anything else and had a few fights I couldn't push past as WW.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    How do you find MW for soloing? What sort of ilvl are you rocking? I rather miss having a MW spec on hand, but dropped it for BrM since I spend more time soloing than anything else and had a few fights I couldn't push past as WW.
    Completely depends on the health of the bosses and your mana regen. On fights where bosses hit quite hard (Brutallus in Sunwell Plateau for example) I go Mistweaving. It allows me to survive those hard hits and I can still kill them.
    As for my Ilvl: Currently 489/491.
    Which fights do you have problems with?

Quote Originally Posted by Feylor View Post
    Not true, but we can do MOST of what a DK can do. Fights with tank swapping mechanics give DKs, Hunters and Locks an advantage over us in terms of soloability because they can use their pets to soak the mechanic and let them drop stacks or whatever. While we can make use of Xuen (and Ox Statue to a lesser extent) for this purpose, we can't compete at quite the same level. So for instance, Mionelol (DK) has soloed Ragnaros in Firelands but I suspect that this fight is currently impossible for a monk.
    Ah sorry, I was talking out of a WotLK- perspective. Haven't tried anything from Cataclysm yet.
    As for tank swapping mechanics: Brutallus (Sunwell Plateau) kind of requires the same because he'll eventually start hitting for 300+k. I simply used the Retreat glyph and rolled when needed while Xuen was out. he was able to soak quite a bit (as it heals itself and gains healing from your dps as well) while the debuff on me was wearing off.
    Last edited by Ricje; 2013-02-06 at 08:18 PM.

Completely depends on the health of the bosses and your mana regen. On fights where bosses hit quite hard (Brutallus in Sunwell Plateau for example) I go Mistweaving. It allows me to survive those hard hits and I can still kill them.
    As for my Ilvl: Currently 489/491.
    Which fights do you have problems with?
    Mostly WOTLK 25 man encounters (which I suppose I can just do on 10 man really) and expect most Cata content if I decide to push that way. Council in BT I've been doing as BrM purely because my first go as WW didn't end well, but could probably go back to WW now as that was early on in 463 blues.

Bit concerned how the healing changes in Tier 2 will effect WW in 5.2 (was looking good until the recent nerfs) but reckon I'll try going back to WW/MW and see how it pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    Mostly WOTLK 25 man encounters (which I suppose I can just do on 10 man really) and expect most Cata content if I decide to push that way. Council in BT I've been doing as BrM purely because my first go as WW didn't end well, but could probably go back to WW now as that was early on in 463 blues.
    Haven't personally tried Cataclysm things but some WotLK 25 man things (KT in Naxx25 when his adds spawn for example) should be doable to an extend.
    If your gear improved from 463 to 47x+ then you should be able to manage in most of the current older content raids.

Bit concerned how the healing changes in Tier 2 will effect WW in 5.2 (was looking good until the recent nerfs) but reckon I'll try going back to WW/MW and see how it pans out.
    To be honest, I used Zen Sphere because if I needed extra healing, Expel Harm was sufficient. Just use your cooldowns efficiently and if you really need some healing, Flying Serpent Kick to a distance and throw down some Healing Spheres

Haven't personally tried Cataclysm things but some WotLK 25 man things (KT in Naxx25 when his adds spawn for example) should be doable to an extend.
    If your gear improved from 463 to 47x+ then you should be able to manage in most of the current older content raids.

To be honest, I used Zen Sphere because if I needed extra healing, Expel Harm was sufficient. Just use your cooldowns efficiently and if you really need some healing, Flying Serpent Kick to a distance and throw down some Healing Spheres
    Yea, WW gear is ilvl48x at the moment so the number of encounters I need BrM for a dwindling, and I do wonder if with the 5.2 DPS increase to MW the specs will do comparable DPS (given Vengeance doesn't get very high in old content).

I get a lot of my healing from Healing Elixirs aswell, and it's getting buffed in 5.2 (iirc) so suppose it will all balance out.