Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Aggressive Supports

I am not a great support player, i am barely good. But i am sometimes forced into the role. My play style is usually very aggressive so i tried Leona but she was too dependant on my lane partner to actually do damage. So i am looking for support champions who can harass effectively. I own almost all of them so variety isnt an issue.

Deleted
    Try Sona, she can harass like no other while staying quite safe

I personally hate Blitzcrank. The newest champion is one my lane partner often plays very aggressively.

Try Sona. You can even go AD marks on her. You just max Q first, harass your opponents out of lane, good times.

Other than that, it's mostly just the tanky initiators. Alistar, Leona, Blitzcrank, Thresh and so on.

Deleted
    I play all supports very aggressively. It's important to abuse your AD at every opportunity so they know who's in charge.

Deleted
    Like others have said, Sona is great at being aggressive. Other than that, i'd say Nami. Shes got some nice tricks up her sleeve (not that she has any sleeves but you get my point).

umm lulu I guess

Will be missed ~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    Try Sona. You can even go AD marks on her. You just max Q first, harass your opponents out of lane, good times.

Other than that, it's mostly just the tanky initiators. Alistar, Leona, Blitzcrank, Thresh and so on.
    I run flat ad reds on my poke champs like lulu, sona or even soraka(fear the 'nana) and flat armor reds on others like taric.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Deleted
    I'd say lulu, zyra or sona, tresh or blitz....leona is not that safe for me cause too many opponents can outrange poke u and if your ad sleeps u charge solo, if you have a good AD then she is the one I prefer.

Nami can be pretty aggressive.

Deleted
    I am a bad support, but I've carried games as support Alistar (roaming M5 style) and Zyra. Alistar becomes one of the best initiators lategame (if you can come behind their team with ult and just punt a squishy forward it's pretty much over. Then Pulverize 3> people for more lolz). Zyra basically becomes another AP carry with a root and knock-up ult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thresh, he is much safer to play aggressive than leona or blitz. His damaging aspects are highly reliant on farming souls so make sure you learn how to do it effectively, his teamfight presence gets much scarier than blitz if farmed properly. Unlike most champs he doesn't actually need items to get fairly high damage, I have killed some fairly tough champions in 1v1 with him along with finishing off hard to chase champs like nida and singed while playing support. Making sure you stick by a lane that someone is farming is one of the best ways to ensure you become quite hard to kill and have fairly dangerous damage. One VERY VERY important thing to know is that when you Q is linked to something YOUR AUTOATTACK IS DISABLED! Thresh requires a lot of planning and quick skill execution (One combo to learn is Q, E and R the enemy ADC or support into your turret if they position badly, it is FAR more deadly than blitz grabbing them under the turret due to the slows thresh has).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    sona, lulu, blitz, zyra, thresh, lux, alistar, nami (though i find her weak), are all decent agressive supports.
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2013-02-05 at 08:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think your solution is quite simple and you don't have to stop playing leona to do it.

(1) Start duo queueing with good adc's you know (put em on your friends list)
    (2) Communicate with your adc early on, let him know you play aggressively and that he/she should keep up and pay attention and make a move when necessary
    (3) If your adc is not willing to play aggressively or is not communicating/not engaging when you do. You need to play LESS aggressive and more in tune with your adc

Your strategy is to harass and do damage early on as to control the lane (a good strategy)
    Their strategy is to hang back and farm minions until its time for team fights or pushing (not a great strategy but it works for them)

The problem is not being on the same page... get on the same page early on and you'll have a better experience, Win or Lose.

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 11:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    sona, lulu, blitz, zyra, thresh, lux, alistar, nami (though i find her weak), are all decent agressive supports.
    Me too... although everyone says if you build her straight AP shes good. I've done it both way... I think shes lame.

I think her bubble knock up is easily avoidable and slow (unless you're using it at your own feet) her bouncing ability is supposed to become your staple and primarily used on enemy champions. I still find her to be really lack luster.

I usually play taric or Janna, I just started playing nami. I think what you mean by an aggressive support is sort of a bot bruiser. For that I would say go with taric, or Alistar if he isnt banned. Alistar can tank late game as support, and even early game can take quite alot of hits. Taric has that natural high armor that lets him tank huge amount of early game ad damage. What Taric lacks is a great late game. You need to rely on auras to make taric useful in late stages as he doesent really have the initiate to make him a great tank, or the great support at that level to be a real game changer.

lulu is by far the best aggressive/harass support there is. Not only can she get in there and deal damage, but also she can break away cleanly. If you play sona, it's always a risk because you are so squishy post nerf. You really have to be careful to not get caught as Sona. Lulu can just cupcake or zoom away. Even using glitter lance lets your just walk away and lol from harassing. Also, you can pix/glitterlance for max range harassing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mikep4567 View Post
    If you play sona, it's always a risk because you are so squishy post nerf.
    You must have never seen the wonder that is armor rune Sona

I never thought Sona was that good an offensive support. Well she is, because she's a great support, but for pure offense I prefer others.

A good Nidalee support is beautiful, but kind of rare (good ones). Thresh and Nami are incredibly offensive. Blitzcrank is good fun. Nunu is OP if you go for AP and level snowball early - he can sustain on minions with Q and his snowball hits like a truck with a low cooldown and insane ratio. Zilean can also be a surprisingly awesome offensive support if done right, but isn't the best.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

I like to play Sona if my team wants an aggressive support. She's got a nice mix of skills and she's relatively easy to play. I've been considering picking up Leona, but I can imagine playing her is much more communication intensive.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Deleted
    i also recommend Zilean, currently my favourite support right now, theres nothing funnier than Time Bombing the ADC and using W to get an instant second bomb for his support, i actually got a kill from it yesterday from a noob bot pair, and the amount of free creeps it gets u is just a nice little bonus