Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    This thread lists things why i stopped tanking and healing. I'm not thick-skinned enough to listen up idiots blaming me from their own fails.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim32 View Post
    Thankfully in the EU (at least on Karazhan EU) I don't notice one group standing out from the rest.
    When i was playing horde, there was almost always at least two ...southern europeans from one certain realm in LFD. I still have nightmares. Strange thing is, when i moved ally side and ...southern european realms came up, they started to show up in LFD again but this time they were ok? Mostly silent and even talking english.

Nothing annoys me when tanking, you see *i'm* a good tank.

Warlocks and hunters who refuse to turn off threatening presence and growl. Also I'll admit Brazil players in the lower end of LFD. I have never seen such horrors.

10+ Year Old Account
    This probably isn't the thread for me, but am I the only one who isn't bothered by anything in either role?

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamohn View Post
    This probably isn't the thread for me, but am I the only one who isn't bothered by anything in either role?
    You must be the weak link ;-)

Kidding, but then it means you are either lucky or not tanking/healing long enough yet haha

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    When i was playing horde, there was almost always at least two ...southern europeans from one certain realm in LFD. I still have nightmares. Strange thing is, when i moved ally side and ...southern european realms came up, they started to show up in LFD again but this time they were ok? Mostly silent and even talking english.
    When I was on the Horde side 2 years ago I know that issue, but I re-joined Horde since MoP & haven't had any troubles

-Grim

i don't even bother tanking anymore at max level because i can't deal with people while filling that role. i'm just done with it!

i do heal quite often though, and things that bother me include: people ragging on me/voting to kick me for entering the instance with terrible gear before i even have a chance to heal (the vote kicking maybe happened only twice to me, but i was irate), groups of dps who don't know fight mechanics and don't ask about them and get themselves killed, and tanks who queue for a particular piece of gear in mind and drop group after their desired encounter.

i have an alt on a brazilian server for supersecret reasons, but they seem pretty chill. if ever someone tried to communicate with me and i tell them that i'm an english speaker, they have tried to speak english with me to help me understand them, which to me is incredibly gracious.

DPS who run ahead of me, then bitch about me not holding aggro.
    DPS who like to pull side packs that are well off to the side and you have to actually make an effort to aggro them.
    Hunters with their pet's growl on (not so much a problem with warlocks since only the voidwalker has a taunt)
    DPS who like to pop all their CDs and go balls out on a different target than the one I am focused on.
    When I mark something skull (kill target) it dies last for some reason
    DPS who intentionally break CC
    GOGOGOGOGOGO people
    People who ask for recount posts every pull, when they are never on top. (it's usually me if it's in a 5 man)
    People who need of stuff they wont use, or shouldnt use (agility users needing on strength trinkets, str users on agility trinkets, etc)
    People who somehow do such absurdly low DPS you think they must be trying to be that bad, because simply auto attacking at level 90 would be more DPS than that.
    People who dont follow mechanics then bitch about it.

Spellflingers in Akhn'Karet: The Old Kingdom
    Shadow Blast
    900 Mana 40 yd range
    6 sec cast
    Hurls a bolt of dark magic at an enemy, inflicting Shadow damage equal to 80% of the target's maximum health.

When two of these target someone (which happens when chain pulling or some idiot pulls another pack), it's not the healer's fault they didnt heal through it. It's the DPS for not interrupting.

I will often do an big pull near the beginning of the instance to see if the healer is able to keep me up chain pulling, if not I will reduce the amount I pull, if the healer can keep me up I keep that pace. Complaining I'm going to slow when the healer cant kept pace is annoying.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

As a healer

zone into 5man, begin respecing to healing spec and tank rambos to the first boss.
    dps/tanks who don't freaking interrupt, its off the gcd (btw one of the worst mechanic changes ever in the game)
    dps standing in fire then wonder why they died.

Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    - "Gogogogogogo"
    Overtly cautious Tanks were my biggest pet-peve as a Healer. I don't need to drink to 100% mana after every pull. If I have more than half mana, we're good. Hell, most of the time I don't even need that much. I can't even tell you how many times I got into a conversation that went like this:

<Whole group standing around for like 3 minutes doing nothing after a pull>
    Me: Uh... Can we pull something?
    Tank: Drink.
    Me: I'm at 85% mana and this is 9 month old content. I'm good.
    <Tank runs around in circles, jumping but saying nothing>
    Me: Fine. I'll fucking Plea. There. I'm at 100%. Can we go now?
    Tank: Mage. Drink.
    Me: #&@$!^&#$

As a Tank, the thing that made me the maddest was people going full DPS on the unmarked target that's just getting Swipe for threat and then being mad because they pulled agro and died. I also hated beating any DPS on recount. It just drove me nuts to look down in the corner of my screen and see that I was doing double the damage of one (or all!) of the DPSers.
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2013-02-04 at 06:30 PM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

As a tank and healer, I can't stand self-important tanks and healers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcky View Post
    Well I'm a healer, and what grinds my gear is:

Scared tanks, who are afraid of pulling more than 1 mob
    This is more often then not a consequence of them not trusting the healer, not being a noob. I guess those guys had bad experiences with pulling multiple packs with random healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shit dps who insist on doing next to no damage and will stand in fire until they're nearly dead then slowly backpedal out of it and stand around in the same spot til a heal comes their way. That heal isn't coming.
    Look! Words!

Just got another healer to level 80 last night. The biggest annoyance so far has been tanks who are the offspring of The Flash. OMG. I port into dungeon. Ah, a quest giver let me take a look. Hmm, why does my healbot show someone losing a lot of heal? Really tank? Really? So you're gonna run off aggroing everything you can see before anyone has had a chance to pick up quests or even everyone load into the dungeon?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    I also hated beating any DPS on recount. It just drove me nuts to look down in the corner of my screen and see that I was doing double the damage of one (or all!) of the DPSers.
    Blame vengeance. There are tanks who do 600k+ dps on Mel'jarak p1.

As healer;

1. People who LOS and run out of range.

2. People who don't understand that cleanse got 8 sec CD nowdays.

3. People who forget to look if Im drinking.

4. Crappy DPS so I get strained to much on mana. Such as not moving from bad things to good.

As tank;

1. Crappy DPS.

2. DPS who nukes away right from the start. Give me 2-3 secounds ty.

3. Nothing else really. As tank Im quit confident, aslong as the DPS aint slacking on there pushing buttons Im cool. If I loss aggro, or going to slow tell me it asap.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gismo7354 View Post
    Just got another healer to level 80 last night. The biggest annoyance so far has been tanks who are the offspring of The Flash. OMG. I port into dungeon. Ah, a quest giver let me take a look. Hmm, why does my healbot show someone losing a lot of heal? Really tank? Really? So you're gonna run off aggroing everything you can see before anyone has had a chance to pick up quests or even everyone load into the dungeon?
    Doesn't matter to me when that happens while I heal in lvl 80/85 dungeons. On my disc priest I can usually tank, heal and dps all at the same time. And I'm usually top dps thanks to atonement, tank is usually 2nd highest dps.

*edit* misread title

Anyway, I've been tanking for years and literally every single group I am in has at least one thing wrong with it that isn't acceptable. By this, I mean most of what you listed in the op. Just recently, two morons in my guild on Kil'Jaeden ('nuff said) argued with me back and forth for 15 minutes maybe about how DPS should be allowed to pull. When I argued that threat control, damage mitigation and pulling first are all in the same tanking category, I was berated as a 'noob' by two people. Apparently, they think that tanks who believe they should pull the mobs first are self-righteous pricks and that by thinking I need to have control of all the mobs as a tank, I believe I'm above everyone else and the group is all about me. I rarely get stupefied anymore, about to turn 27 and I live in America so I've been drowned in stupidity for my entire life, but this situation actually stunned me. I sat there thinking '... what'.

I've even had groups right off the bat call me a piece of trash loser who needs to be kicked for being a moron because I, get this, pulled a mob while the healer was right behind me at the start of Dire Maul, and not only right behind me and walking with me, but casting spells. He claimed I was too stupid to make sure the healer was there. I'm guessing it was just good old fashioned holier than thou attitude that comes from asshole tanks and healers.
    Last edited by Fortera; 2013-02-04 at 06:51 PM.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, you're super racist with all those sterotypes against Bz players.

I get annoyed by bad attitude more than anything else.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortera View Post
    Healers and DPS - this isn't about you, this is about tanking. Get out with your 'What grinds my healing or DPS gears'.
    The thread is titled tanking/healing. Sooo, this thread isn't about healers?

It's not racism, it's experience. I know what he's talking about. Every experience I've had with them has been horrible. They're very rude, much more so than any of the English speaking players I've been around and they are almost always either one extreme or the other in terms of skill. Jumping around into packs of mobs, racing me to them. Standing completely still the entire run except for launching one or two attacks during pulls or even cursing at me in english but every other word isn't when I've not said a word and I'm pulling at a swift yet understandable rate.