Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been debating whether to get the new one.

My experience with Fire Emblem is pretty limited. I'm a big fan of strategy RPGs but when I played the first one on the GBA how many years ago (FE7 I guess?) it didn't really click for me. I didn't dislike it, but I wasn't a huge fan either so my interest in the other games as they came out was minimal. I've been considering trying it again though and now might be a good time.

I'm disappointed as it seems there has been a delay in stores receiving the game today, went in to GS to pick up my copy and was told the game wasn't received.

Quote Originally Posted by fvjr5679 View Post
    I'm disappointed as it seems there has been a delay in stores receiving the game today, went in to GS to pick up my copy and was told the game wasn't received.
    Same with the GS I reserved mine at.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Yeah I'm pretty pissed, I went to gamestop and they said they don't know when it'll be in stock so I cancelled my pre-order and just went with a digital download instead as it's easier and less hassle. I seriously hate it when shit like this happens and whats annoying is that when I worked at Gamestop all games came in usually 4-7 days prior to release so they should have called or announced it early instead of making people waste their time. Last time I buy from gamestop with their piss poor customer service, I'll stick with digital downloads like on the PC or just use Amazon.

At least you aren't getting it in april.
    Sometimes I hate living in Europe.

Yeah that's true, I'd be pretty pissed as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Yeah I'm pretty pissed, I went to gamestop and they said they don't know when it'll be in stock so I cancelled my pre-order and just went with a digital download instead as it's easier and less hassle. I seriously hate it when shit like this happens and whats annoying is that when I worked at Gamestop all games came in usually 4-7 days prior to release so they should have called or announced it early instead of making people waste their time. Last time I buy from gamestop with their piss poor customer service, I'll stick with digital downloads like on the PC or just use Amazon.
    I'm going to call after i get off work and if they aren't going to get it by tomorrow I'll cancel my pre-order and find it somewhere else.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Even though I'm European and should be spiting you guys, I'll give you a hug for still not getting Awakening. Seen people happily posting and talking since last Thursday.

Nobody has it in my town. Might as well wait for my preorder I guess since looks like nobody has it.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

yeah apparently very few stores received it. no stores in my area have it so I guess I'll wait even though I am tempted to just buy the digital dl but i like having the case, etc. besides i want my pre order art book

I went a head and did the digital download instead, I mean all my PC games are download now and honestly I have no need for extra clutter with cases. So far this game is fucking amazing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Nobody has it in my town. Might as well wait for my preorder I guess since looks like nobody has it.
    There were major shipping delays, so a lot of stores don't have it.
    I lucked out when I checked Target today at 10pm.
    They only had 2 in stock and weren't planning on putting them on the floor until wednesday as the weekly ad labels the 6th as it's release.
    But they were street dated the 4th, and since I worked at Target before and had the know how of how things work I knew she couldn't tell me I can't purchase that today.

Bought it and with my discount I only ended up paying 31.50 for a physical copy. Pretty rad.
    Game is gorgeous and the 3d looks really nice on it.

Four pages.... and No one mentioned Haar and Jill? What the fuck? Give them both Nullify, and stick them in the middle of hell with an Iron Poleaxe each, end your turn and come back 15 minutes later. map cleared. Though a lot of their power comes from their sheer mobility... and procing Stun every other attack...
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandwrong View Post
    Four pages.... and No one mentioned Haar and Jill? What the fuck? Give them both Nullify, and stick them in the middle of hell with an Iron Poleaxe each, end your turn and come back 15 minutes later. map cleared. Though a lot of their power comes from their sheer mobility... and procing Stun every other attack...
    What is a haar and a jill and a nullify?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Happy to say my GS finally got their shipment in this morning instead of having to wait till friday like I was told so if you preordered at GS and havent received it yet keep calling and asking each day if its in.

Deleted
    What is a haar and a jill and a nullify?
    Two most broken Wyvern Riders in the game series together with a skill that removes their weakness to thunder magic.

Though admittedly, everyone in the Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn games could become demigods with a bit of effort. :x

10+ Year Old Account
    That was less about Haar and Jill and more the way PoR/RD had ridiculous skills to add on.

Still think Cormag as a unit was far more broken, especially if you put the effort into boosting his stats so he could take Pierce over being a Wyvern Lord.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

So... Canadian GameStop (see: EBGames) kind of broke their StreetDate and started selling 6 days early across the country.

And then realised "oops we aren't supposed to do that". After hearing about all the shipping delays, I'm curious if this was somewhat related, somewhere along teh way a fullstop on trucks going out with stock being held because not wanting this shit to happen again.

Also curious if people got fired because that "we're selling them now" thing got shut up really quick by that evening.

As for gameplay themselves, I'm sad that I don't have a pairing that I'll enjoy anywhere near as much as Wil/Rebecca (seriously), but Kellam and Sully are just so downright adorable.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Are they still sticking with weapons having X durability and are gone forever when it hits 0? I think that was the biggest thing that turned me off of it. I'm not saying it's a bad thing - it adds another level of strategy- it just isn't my cup of tea.
    Tashar Moondancer
    Adamantoise

Battlemaster Sabria
    Lightning's Blade
    (H) Protection Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Mekanikos View Post
    Are they still sticking with weapons having X durability and are gone forever when it hits 0? I think that was the biggest thing that turned me off of it. I'm not saying it's a bad thing - it adds another level of strategy- it just isn't my cup of tea.
    Yes, but they dropped costs on weapons to make them a lot cheaper to handle. Well, except Healing Rods, because those need to last like four times as long as they do. *grumble grumble*

And Chrom's Falchion actually has unlimited use, thankfully enough
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~