Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    They had to wait to Cataclysm to be warriors, does that answer your question?

15+ Year Old Account
    They're real cool, I always loved their aristocratic, snobbish, a bit of a French vibe. Except for BE DKs named "Arthasxxx" or "Sephirothlol".

They are fine,never had any issues with them. If you like them play them.

Kinda funny to see people hate on BE male toons when they are mostly guys in real life playing as female characters or the "cool and original race / class combos" like

- orc male warrior /dk
    -undead male mage / rogue
    -human male war / pala / dk

10+ Year Old Account
    It only matters if you are confident on your masculinity. If you have bought into the media image that you need to drive a truck and sweat old spice to be a MAN, the no, it will only heighten your insecurities.

I have played a few races on my various chars since I've transfered and race and gender changed alot to make the game feel fresher again when I've grown tired of it in the past (it actually works). I go alot after what I see is fitting or associate for the race and for the class pretty much everytime, and there is a variety of options aswell, and gender has never been anything I care too much about, I go for whatever gender looks the best to me be it in posture gear or animations after I've chosen the race.

Warrior? I've played mine as Orc, Human, Goblin, Gnome. Gnome was mostly for escape artist, but their size made it unbearable to me, same thing with Goblin, but I wanted to try the racials as a warrior (I'm a PvPer, hi! ^^). It is currently a belf female and I am satisfied with that, silence is good racial, animations are cool enough and the gear looks good on it at the same time that it's a lil bit cute with a belf female warrior without being creepy :P But a tauren would be a great option too for example

Priest? UD, Human, Troll. Now here, troll is fitting and it is good with the racials, but I cant stand to play one, I refused to play for 3 days cuz of CD on the change when I tried troll :P The other two are obvious

Warlock? UD, Human, Orc, Worgen. Worgen is missplaced here, but I wanted to try it out instead of going human with it, but it isnt bad at all. The other ones just makes sence and look cool.

If you feel that you want to play a belf male with whatever class you choose for whatever reason, then go for it. At the end of the day you are the one staring at that pixel-ass ^^ And belf males arent very manly in their apperance, but they are not feminine. Think about "the pretty boy" in school/class, "pretty boys" arent usually manly, hence the word pretty. And pretty is not considered "manly" and isnt a very manly word (rarely hear a man use that word), but that doesnt make it less manly

Ye retarded rant over and I have no idea wtf I'm talking about anymore

Deleted
    In my personal opinion, yes they do, I would never touch them. I hate them with all my soul.

Of course it's up to you what you gonna play, so roll dat Blood Elf Male and enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whatsausername View Post
    Is this haha rofl he/she is playing a gay race period over? As im thinking of rolling one but dont want to get to lvl 45 and be griefed about it IMO I think they are bad ass elves, with their stance and animations. Whats your opinion?
    This is exactly why I would play a Blood Elf male too. The females one are disgusting. I hope that with the new models they make their animations better.

Deleted
    What are you, 12? Play whatever you like, no one gives a shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    This is exactly why I would play a Blood Elf male too. The females one are disgusting. I hope that with the new models they make their animations better.
    Come on your legs don't even point the right way . Female blood elf stealth animations are pro looking.
    Aye mate

Yes they are the most feminine male race. A good example of where we see this is that Lor'themar Theron's key phrase when you clicked on him was: "Don't touch the hair!" Can you really see an orc male saying that?

Well, besides the in-game jokes that Blizz established with Cata (the blood elf "maiden" in Un'Goro, the blood elf admirer in the badlands, etc.) I like the Blood Elves in comparison to the other horde races (besides goblins, because they're too badass). Their animations, voices, lore, etc. Also, listening to the voices, I've heard much more flamboyancy in the voice acting of the other races.

However, don't let the idiotic stereotype of forums give you any grief. Play the race you want and have fun.
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

I think if they changed the Blood Elf models to more what they look like in fanart or Warcraft III, they would be much more masculine.
    Think for yourself.

Deleted
    Tell me, when you look at a night elf female, and here I mean raiders, or dungeon companions, do you think of them as tramps or something like that? No?

Ok, now go to Goldshire on RP realms. Then start playing their jokes. Now tell me they don't look like such. If you don't do anything you'll also get the bouncy emote.

My point is, yes, there are some people who consider blood elves gay based on their jokes. But they're not. Just a small minority of people are immature and give you crap for having a character that looks like a regular buffed human in real life (minus ears and eyes). And just because blood elf males don't look like most of the other males, as in, steroid abusers. Seriously, look at human or night elf or something, and try to find me one real life male human with similar proportions. You'll only find them in those super champion weight lifters or steroid abusers.

---------- Post added 2013-02-04 at 11:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Goreheart View Post
    I think if they changed the Blood Elf models to more what they look like in fanart or Warcraft III, they would be much more masculine.
    I don't know if they did change those npcs guarding Loth'remar's tower, but you should take a look at them. You'll see they're much skinnier. And then look at the actual art for WC3, and you'll see those are the actual blood elves, even skinnier then the playable versions.

Yes i think they are, the way they look, animations, dialogs etc...

Deleted
    If you think muscular and ripped is feminine......um.....

Never understood the if its handsome, fit, and well groomed it must be gay thing. The implication is thaf all straight males are fat, ugly and have bad personal hygine...

I play belf as they look good, whereas all humans in wow got beat on by the ugly stick.
    Last edited by mmoc4e3ce29075; 2013-02-04 at 09:50 PM.

As long as you perceive being called gay or feminine an insult, you're part of the problem. Play what you want and if anyone calls you these "names" just dismiss it as inaccurate and move on. It's what I do when people assume I'm straight and I take 0 offense to it. Why? Because I don't see anything offensive about being straight. It's just inaccurate. Till that street goes both ways society has some work to do...

"There is a thin, semantic line separating weird and beautiful. And that line is covered in jellyfish." - Welcome to Night Vale.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sills View Post
    Yes they are the most feminine male race. A good example of where we see this is that Lor'themar Theron's key phrase when you clicked on him was: "Don't touch the hair!" Can you really see an orc male saying that?
    That's the contrast of all these other races the horde has. Lets just say these orc guys aren't so fond of washing their armpits, brushing their teeth, grooming their hair, and so on. Yet IRL that's completely normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    IMHO; The male blood elves are a "narcissistic-feminine". While I think the females are more of a "arrogant-feminine".
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    Male Blood Elves are there to balance out female dwarves.
    It would take a lot to balance out female dwarfs, they are somewhat frontloaded

Elves don't have sexes. One set is simply skinnier than the other, slightly hairier version.