PVP - should I macro in Blood Tap with Death Coil?

I am trying something new that I use blood tap and Death coil in the same macro. Is it the right way to go in pvp ??

I would think that for pvp microing blood tap when you need a rune or will cap on charges would be best. That way, you can have a rune always ready for a silence, dark transformation/pillar of frost, or sudden soul reaper if your target gets focused.

But if you were going to macro it, I think thats the correct way.

Quote Originally Posted by kidace View Post
    should I macro in Blood Tap with Death Coil?
    Should you? No, you should never, in any situation, macro Blood Tap to anything. Managing it manually will always yield better results.

As to whether you can handle managing it is another question. So I'd suggest you try it out manually first.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I macro BT to is Necrotic Strike. But why would you macro it to DC in the first place? DC costs no runes...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    The only thing I macro BT to is Necrotic Strike. But why would you macro it to DC in the first place? DC costs no runes...
    probably so he automatically activates it when he has enough stacks right after a DC.

I agree with Vereesà though. Blood Tap should be used when you need it, not when it's ready to use. it's like you don't activate AMS or AMZ on CD, you use them when there's an opportunity to get benefit from it, and you should use it smartly. no use using it to convert an unholy rune, and if it converts a rune that will activate as a death rune, you've also not used it optimally.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't want to maintain BT, then why spec into BT? Seems kinda pointless :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    If you don't want to maintain BT, then why spec into BT? Seems kinda pointless :/
    This. For PvE you will get pretty much the same results with RC and if you don't want to manage it for PvP then don't use it :S.

Quote Originally Posted by Damyou View Post
    This. For PvE you will get pretty much the same results with RC and if you don't want to manage it for PvP then don't use it :S.
    its not about managing it, i just wanted to try something new and wanted others opinions on it for pvp

Why? Because it's just as efficient as runic corruption but gives a death rune, which is nice in PvP for necrotic strike. Macroed BT is better than RC for most applications. It's obviously worse than non-macroed BT, if you're willing and capable of micromanaging your stacks.

Deleted
    Especially in PvP, macroing Blood Tap is a bad idea, as you lose two of it's major advantages:

- the ability to bank runes for burst
    - a death rune right when you need it

Try using it manually, the benefits outweigh the hassle by far and when you are accustomed to it Blood Tapping becomes a second nature.

Deleted
    Try to do it manually. It takes some practise to keep track of the charges though.

I use Blood Tap charges to Necrotic Strike, urgent Icy Touch dispels, urgent Soul Reaper, Strangulate ... basicly anything that requires an on demand rune if you don't have any runes.