Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    My team is:

Fel Flame (hp/attack version)
    Anubisath Idol
    Jade Ooze (hp/attack/speed version)

Works pretty well. Swapped Fel Flame for Harbinger of Flame because undead teams with Ghostly Skulls + Blighthawks would just wreck me. Levelling my rare Gilnean Raven and 2 Crows (need 3 battle stones though) for a Nocturnal Strike rotation >D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    Ergh, that is the most annoying "combination" ever. Triple Fluxfire Feline.
    Its easy too counter with:
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=20408 Just use drain power before you reflect its spell back into his face.

Most of players will stop the combo if they see you pop out the anub idol.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    My Team:

Lil' Kel'Thuzad
    Father Winter's Helper
    Sifang Otter

Best comb for me so far beating every NPC. I also have the Darkshore Cup cause its selfheal is amazing.

Deleted
    I think you can beat any tamer with almost any (rare) pet group up to the spirit tamers.

For those I use:

Rapana Whelk + Wild Jade Hatchling + X
    (And trust me you never lose with this combo if you use the 'take flight' ability at the right time.)

I level pets now at 3/4 of those working on the 75pets@level25. The only one I sometimes lose to is earth spirit because of stun/miss rng.

Deleted
    I use Fel fire, Flux fire feline, and the tried one is kinda up in the air. (both fel flame and FFF does a ton of dmg)

10+ Year Old Account
    My team (which is only 11-14 ATM) is
    Mini Thor
    Nether Faerie Dragon
    Lil DW

Thor and Lil DW both have abilities that hit after 3 rounds for a truckload and the Faerie Dragon, while a Dragonkin, uses mostly magic abilities and landing moo fire then spamming arcane blast can really wreck most comps out there, since arcane blast dmg scales the more you use it

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 07:43 PM ----------

Nether faerie dragon has elemental attacks as well, so not restricted to just magic, which is nice
    Last edited by Freshmint; 2013-01-24 at 01:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishamael8

Deathwing was flapping along in the dragonblight getting ready to attack the tower whennnnn..... BAM!!! He gets nailed with a giant plasma beam coming down from the sky Grafton style from Halo Reach!!!! It would seem that Rhonin finally decided to put his 24mil mana to use...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    Ergh, that is the most annoying "combination" ever. Triple Fluxfire Feline.
    Easily destroyed by pets with reflection/dodge/burrow/dive and elemental-type attacks on top. Also, FFF are weak against magic pets.
    There are 2 pets which are Magic, have dodge and elemental attack: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=46898 http://www.wowhead.com/npc=55571

I Use Fluxfire Feline, Kun-lai Runt, and Scourged Whelpling. The fluxfire pretty much guaranteed to take out the first 2 pets and then clean up with the runt. The runt is what got me through all the tamer quests and also the Pandarian spirit tamer's as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gend View Post
    I think you can beat any tamer with almost any (rare) pet group up to the spirit tamers.

For those I use:

Rapana Whelk + Wild Jade Hatchling + X
    (And trust me you never lose with this combo if you use the 'take flight' ability at the right time.)

I level pets now at 3/4 of those working on the 75pets@level25. The only one I sometimes lose to is earth spirit because of stun/miss rng.
    Earth Spirit is easily killed by Rapana Whelk + Cogblade Raptor + some other pet with extra damage vs critters or beasts (I usually fill this spot with pet I'm levelling).
    I put Raptor as my first pet, and try to start the fight with Earth sprit coming first. Then I just apply damage amplification and swap to snail when raptor gets stunned on 1st turn. After that, Acidic goo, Dive, Absorb, Absorb. Then I throw rest of snail's hp against Slimeling, finish it off with Raptor. Then I take last pet down to like 200 hp with Raptor, and finish it off with the pet I'm levelling (I usually take lvl 18-20 pets here so it doesn't become an issue).

Completed all tamer achievements with only 3 pets:
    Lil' ragnaros
    Mr. Pinchy
    Celestial dragon
    That's the thing about RNG. It doesn't hate anybody - it just goes about its business, oblivious to the world around it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got 2 rare Fel flames the other day one with a insanely high attack rating and i got to say this guy rocks in a lighting storm/DOT team. Just need a 3rd member and i'll be pvp'ing again

Using

Wild Jade Hatchling

Tail Sweep - Call lightning - Lift off

Fel Flame

Flame Breath - Immolate - Conflagrate

? Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling ?

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

10+ Year Old Account
    Time to update this tread!
    Almost done:
    http://shrani.si/f/o/6Q/1xO95Fhr/petsss.jpg

Stil farming rare magic battle pet stones...so damn rare.

I cut out the picture and posted the link instead. If you want it to show you have to scale it down.
    Last edited by mmocaf2cfee3ee; 2013-02-04 at 10:49 PM.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Almost done:

Jesus... fucking... Christ.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Almost done:

Holy mother of god.... I have one level 10 That is about it

My core team it's:

Clockwork Gnome
    Fel Flame
    Mr Pinchy

I might change Mr Pinchy he don't have any trick abilities, I wil try ozzeling(level 12 atm) or FF but last pet will be nerfed on next patch so. And i deserved one, was almost unkillable, was 1 shot 2 of my pets all the time, strongest OP pet atm on game.

Clockwork Gnome, Mr. Pinchy, Celestial Dragon. Basically got me through all the tamers, although I had an Arcane Elemental (Kirin Tor Familiar?) thingie as well.

If I were to do it again, I'd probably swap Clockwork Gnome for Anubisath Idol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

The Onyxian Whelping can be a pretty tough customer. High damage and an awesome self heal.

Quote Originally Posted by transorD View Post
    The Onyxian Whelping can be a pretty tough customer. High damage and an awesome self heal.
    It's on bench on level 25. Might change it wit Mr Pinchy before I level up my oozeling. Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Alrighty....... Some stuff in here makes me scratch my head.. lol
    Now I'm really no Pet Battle noob, I believe.
    My current stats are: 472 unique pets. lowest quality uncommon (I don't bother with white or grey). 106 lvl 25, lowest pet lvl 7, since I try to somewhat level them up across the board, rather than one by one. My Wowprogress pet score is at 13k atm. (changes daily basically).
    anyhow.. What thrown me off quite a bit is, when people claim to have mastered all tamers with a set combo of 3 pets only. Looking at the combo's provided, I know that simply cannot be true. To beat the Spirit tamers one needs at least 4, better even 5 different pets. And even then, it can become a wipe fest that drives the blood in your face from all the anger over those basterds cheating like there's no tomorrow. Plus, there's a huge difference as well to simply beat the tamers, or to 1 or 2 man them, in order to level a backrow pet. And why would one pass on that chance? Aki the Chosen for example, here is a rare chance to be able to give a level 1 pet a boost. That gives over 5000XP with the hat in use.
    There's not a single tamer that cannot be two manned, or soloed. But to do so, it requires more than 3 pets. That's where it becomes interesting and an art.

As for leveling up alone... For a new starter...
    Clockwork Gnome is the top choice. All starter zone pets are usually critters and beasts. Mechanical is the best choice for that matter.
    His combo: Metal Fist, Build Turret, Repair - makes him unbeatable for a long long time.
    The second choice is Terrible Turnip. The turnip is unique in the sense that you can never accidentally kill what you actually want to capture. Her Weakening Blow cannot bring an enemy below 1 health point.
    Snakes also come in handy at earlier stages, plus later on, they are helpful when you need to avoid multi round attacks.
    At higher level, Kun-lai Runt is the choice against critters.
    I have a small army, which proven to be extremely efficient for two manning or soloing the tamers.. Those are:
    Terrible Turnip
    Clockwork Gnome
    Fel Flame - Able to burn entire teams of mechanicals to ashes.
    Pandaria Water Spirit - Wrecks havoc against Elementals.
    Fluxfire Feline (she will be nerfed with 5.2. Change: Fluxfire Feline's Wind-Up has been replaced with a new ability, Flux, which deals damage to the enemy team.
    Jungle Grub (I use that one mainly for the tamers in EK, Kali, Outlands, and parts of Northrend. It solo's them basically almost all.
    Anubisath Idol (Reflection is boss. But here too, a nerf: Reflection has been replaced with Deflection, an ability that always attempts to go first and causes the pet to avoid all attacks for that round.
    Rapana Whelk - a critter which makes it amazing against CC, and very strong against elementals. Shell Shield, Absorb, Dive. Brutal combination.
    Sandy Petrel - my flying pet of choice.
    Magical Crawdad - Renewing Mists, Wish, and Surge are amazing. Especially since Wish can be nicely used to heal up another pet.
    Chrominus - strong against an array of types.
    Oily Slimeling - good against flyers.
    Nordrassil Wisp - That one works as good as the slimeling, yet sometimes even better with it's blinding ability.

So that's my little army I use basically every day to do the dailies with, and ensure I can level at least 1 backrow pet.
    The tamer that gave me the most headache for that matter was and is Major Payne in Icecrown. But he is doable too.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2013-02-05 at 03:08 PM.

Deleted
    I've been using Anubisath Idol/Emperor Crab/Celestial Dragon. One shot all Pandaren Spirits and I normally win against players, unless they're using a retarded combination (2 Fluxfire Felines)