First off Goku and Superman would never fight to the death.

They're both good and pure of heart.
    Neither would risk the destruction of Earth, unlike that video.
    Goku never killed anyone all of DBZ (excluding movies). (Yakon killed himself imo)
    Superman very rarely killed enemies as well.

Ultimately Goku over comes the odds every time, he's capable of anything.
    At some point if he had to stop Superman, he would find a way to beat him with his words, to stop him, or krytonite.
    Goku doesn't have a krytonite, and for that reason alone, Goku would win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post

Goku never killed anyone all of DBZ (excluding movies). (Yakon killed himself imo)

At some point if he had to stop Superman, he would find a way to beat him with his words, to stop him, or krytonite.
    Kid Buu /10
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account

He did kill Buu. He also killed King Piccolo before DBZ (and probably other characters, my memory pre-DBZ is pretty much rotten). Also, I'd say he did kill Yakon. He was, after all, the one who provided the energy to make him blow up, deliberately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Actually boys, he reincarnated Buu

"I hope you come back again someday as a better person, I hope. Perhaps we'll have a little one on one"

Then Goku patiently waited until the day he could meet Kid Buu again (Uub). Had a little one on one and trained him.

This is purely speculation, but perhaps the full extent of the spirit bombs power, and Goku's ties to the other world gave him the ability to make a deal or just the power of the spirit bomb had this capability, none the less Goku arranged this some how.

As for King Piccolo, I said DBZ, lol. I think he killed most of the red ribbon army too...
    But one could argue King Piccolo was some-what reborn.

And yes, Yakon is arguable. But i'll just use this video to explain things.

Yakon could have stopped whenever he wanted to prevent his own death, he suicided himself, lol.
    I guess Goku is guilty of assisted suicide at the most.

Honestly it's like working at a restaurant, and a guy with an eating disorder comes in and you keep feeding him,and he keeps eating. He eats until his stomach bursts. Did you kill him? No, you didn't, you just didn't do anything to stop him from killing himself.
    Last edited by iadamson; 2013-02-05 at 06:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed you said DBZ, my bad

You do have a point about Yakon, but I still maintain that Goku killed him. Poor Yakon

As for Buu... he did kill him, he just hoped his soul would reincarnate as a good person, which it did a Uub. But Goku most definitely killed Buu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    goku killed buu

goku thought he killed freiza for a bit

goku assisted in killing raditz

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 08:14 PM ----------

should be movie 14 imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't be fair on gogeta he'd get his ass handed to him by ssj4 broly so hard it would send him back in time and make vegeta and goku unborn. making broly a good guy rewriting history so that he killed frieza cell and buu.

Except being a well written character.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorged View Post
    Wouldn't be fair on gogeta he'd get his ass handed to him by ssj4 broly so hard it would send him back in time and make vegeta and goku unborn. making broly a good guy rewriting history so that he killed frieza cell and buu.
    I'm pretty sure it'd be the other way around. In his second movie, Broly was outclassed by 1 SS2, and 2 SS1s. SS3 Goku would definitely stomp LSS Broly. It's difficult to say how much power Broly gains from LSS, and therefore how much he'd gain from SS4, but assuming LSS is equal to SS1, (this is the most favorable assumption for Broly) SS4 would only make him about 80 times stronger. Base form GT Goku is equal to SS3 Goku from the Buu saga, so SS3 GT Goku is 400 times stronger than a version of himself that would have stomped LSS Broly. Assuming SS3 Goku from DBZ is about twice as strong as Broly from his second movie, that would put SS3 GT Goku at 10 times stronger than SS4 Broly. SS4 Goku would therefore be 100 times stronger than SS4 Broly, and assuming Vegeta is equal to Goku, SS4 Gogeta would be 200 times stronger than SS4 Broly.

Though if one were to make another Broly movie, you could always just say Broly received a massive Zenkai from being shot into the sun with a kamehameha wave. While a little bit unquantifiable, that could be used as a plot device to equalize power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't it be LSS4 which means that broly would have to increased in strength to even get to the transformation. And we know that LSS=4 FPSS plus a uber namek or whatever you call piccolo. so surely LSS4 = 4 SS4

Quote Originally Posted by Gorged View Post
    Wouldn't it be LSS4 which means that broly would have to increased in strength to even get to the transformation. And we know that LSS=4 FPSS plus a uber namek or whatever you call piccolo. so surely LSS4 = 4 SS4
    Not necessarily in either case. There's no guarantee that there's a LSS version of SS4. We also can't say for sure what LSS equals, because we don't know what Broly's base power level was. We have far less information about LSS compared to the standard Super Saiyan forms.

10+ Year Old Account

i felt like this thread needed some aaaaawwwwwwww

Goku killed King Kai :P.. guess there aren't really others in dbz, but yeah in dragonball he killed people all over the place. Hmm... GT he killed Omega Shenron and the mini Shenrons right? And Super 17? I can't remember how that ended really.. lol

and I thought the second picture was going to be Goku touching Chi Chi inappropriately.

Wow, this thread has grown since I first found it
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McGrubbin View Post
    I think he meant that he's curious if they would rewrite GT with Toriyama. Which they totally should.
    Oh. No doubt then, they definitely should. His influence was clearly missing in GT; it's like a whole different show.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the subject of GT's shortcomings

10+ Year Old Account
    ^ Haha so true. Maybe that's the inherent flaw with getting exponentially stronger in DBZ. How do you harm your opponent while avoiding blowing up the planet?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure LSS is higher then SS1 cuz doesnt broly have that blue haired form? i thought that was his SS1 and then LSS is somewhere more then FPSS1 but less then SS2

He would find a way to beat him with his words.
    You know, I always thought this was a gay ending to a decent question, but actually thinking it over, when hasn't Goku said something along the lines of, "Leave now, I don't want to hurt you."???? Or offered them a truce with a, "This can end now without anymore blood shed."??? He almost always tries to reason things out humanely first.

Actually, that's just 1 of many things DBZ does better than most fighting manga. A lot of fighting manga skip the formalities, they make the line so black and white, as if characters know automatically "I'm good so I must fight to protect!", without ever thinking "Maybe violence ISN'T the answer." Everyone's a badass, every main character wins through friendship and random powerups and other crap, and the dialogue is pretty much interchangeable every encounter. Actually thinking on it now, most dialogue isn't needed!! You gain nothing of insight to the character, no extra context is given to the plot, nothing that changes the reality that person a is gonna whoop on person b so that in 20 episodes they can fight person c in a new season.

Truth be told, DBZ's dialogue is pretty damn good compared to a whole lot of mangas. You don't have to deal with "I am *insert title or feat of strength*!!!", or nonchalant characters who face adversity with a blank face and a "I guess it can't be helped" attitude, or characters with mad face close-ups and shitty one liners that somehow puts their opponent in fear. When people in DBZ get afraid, they act afraid, their actions are that of someone who is scared. Here's two examples of a protagonist dominating on an enemy and having decent dialogue. One is Vegeta (truthfully versus anyone but we'll go with Android 19), when he asks if an android can feel fear, and rips off his arms and still taunts him for being a worthless machine. The android doesn't get a generic half page panel dedicated to a close up of his face in fear, instead he gets an entire action sequence where he tries to run away in terror. Second is Alucard killing the Valentine brother. Alucard mocks him, shouts for him to retaliate like a true vampire, chases him down and eats him, making a pun about him being reduced to dog shit. Alucard could have just as easily taken the horribly boring route of closing up to his face, saying a one liner similar to "I'll kill you", or "Your next house raid will be in HELL!" or something really, really, reaaaaally generic, and simply engulfed him in darkness with a giant 2 page spread that diminishes the sequence to like 2 seconds.

This is why DBZ can be read over and over, it's why it's so good and can't be topped by the crap we see nowadays. Same reason I'm looking forward to the new movie, I actually think it's going to be worthwhile as a legitimate feature length movie, something I can say was a candidate for the year's top 10 against other feature length films.
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it's pretty hard to find a good girl in the sea of whores that is my country, brazil.

10+ Year Old Account
    I figured LSS was Legendary Super Saiyan, but what does FPSS stand for?