Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thehealbus View Post
    There is no way it would ever work, the general player base would absolutely not get along, all communication would just be insults.

I seem to remember blood elves or something could speak the alliance language, and they had to disable it because of all the trashtalking that was going on.

It was Forsaken way back in the first WoW beta.

However, I think the issue with that was that the factions could only communicate, they couldn't actually work together in any meaningful way. If the factions can actually start working together, there might be a few immature brats who insult other people's choice of faction, but they won't be the majority and things will settle down after a few weeks once the novelty has worn off.

Although at first it might be best to limit communication to inside of cross-faction groups just to be on the safe side, and only later open it up everywhere.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze611 View Post
    Or they could implement a system like City of Heroes/Villains going rogue?

Heroes will be able to become Vigilantes, an intermediate step between hero and villain. This will enable them to team with villains. (and vice versa for villains)
    I cant remember precisely, but couldnt you lose rep with your faction or something in vanilla for dishonorable kills? Being a human and going rogue to join up with the horde would be cool. Albeit ill be pissed considering i just faction xferred to horde. Was it Tirion and Eitrigg who worked together? "third party" factions aside, when Blizzard recaps their lore, they always say "Heroes of the Horde and the Alliance ... ". Granted thats the best that they can say, but from a player perspective its 'my horde/alliance', as it was my group that done it, etc etc. I remember when i was reading the datamined info about ICC, and they mentioned the horde and the alliance racing to kill LK, and that we'd be fighting the opposite factions gunship, i literally thought it would 2 10m Teams. After about 3 minutes of tihnking about it, i realise that 1; setting that up, would be difficult, 2; execution would be also, highly difficult.

OT: As much as this wouldnt affect me, yet id still think its cool, CFG probably isnt this unveiled secret/announcement. What it could be, i dont know. Im not holding any expectations.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Guys guys! The creative department ran out of ideas! What shall we do?"

"Oh, let's just say we have an unannounced feature and let the community speculate about it for some months.
    They might make up something that'll do it!"
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Ok, I remember now long ago one of the devs were saying that nearer the end of mists, much like how near the end of cata they introduced transmog and looking for raid, that they will be introducing something new and big.

Now it might sound crazy, but what if blizzard decides, using both the looking for raid and real ID system, that they make the raiding and dungeon content accessible cross faction, as a kind of inline with story mechanic where the alliance and rebel horde fight against Garrosh's forces.

Would this interest people, what would be the problems with having this ingame?
    It wouldn't make sense teaming up for dungeons and raids but then fighting against each other over territory in BGs or ganking each other in world pvp. Real ID would be fine but it'd have to unflag and disable pvp for everyone in the party to prevent friends grouping up and farming honour off each other or getting achievements for kills in certain places/classes/races etc.
    Also in LFD or LFR problems would some super faction pride "hero" wiping groups over and over again because they are mostly the opposing faction, or healers refusing to heal players of the opposing faction etc. etc.

I think in order for this to work factions have to end, but that will result in a good number of people quitting. Pick your poison... Way too many problems imo.

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 05:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    However, I think the issue with that was that the factions could only communicate, they couldn't actually work together in any meaningful way.
    you don't really need to talk directly to coordinate simple tasks. emotes work well. /wait /openfire /ready etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess it would make sense if the burning legion are next, that is if they attack us and it would mean we lose if we didn't work together.

I can't see it working though, any Tauren that groups with a gnome will eat it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my god, can you imagine...? Who knows, it could happen. Horde teams up with Alliance all the time, each faction interacts with NPCs from the other... In canon terms, the factions join forces to fight greater threats while generally fighting constantly out in the world over territory and resources.

Has to be something on the order of Dungeon Finder and LFR...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I guess it would make sense if the burning legion are next, that is if they attack us and it would mean we lose if we didn't work together.

I can't see it working though, any Tauren that groups with a gnome will eat it.
    you did make me think of a tripfall there. I think while in the story you could have humans being able to put up with orcs who rebel against Garrosh and visa versa, having worgen teaming up with forsaken would be.. well.. theres unresolved issues there, and the gilneas and sylvanas thing would come up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I cant see this working very well at all, not so much because of story, but because of how people are. I dont recall when it was, I know it was a long time ago, but there was a bug that you could communicate with the other faction, the Trolling and harassment was atrocious. Im honestly not sure if Blizzard would give this a shot. I for one, dont really care THAT much, as long as it actually makes sense.

I dont have any reasons, or sources to back up what im going to say.

3rd faction. comprised of splinters from each of the current and maybe led by a new race.. I dont have any reason other then, competing with ESO :P

not alot would need changing. they could 'assume the guise' of whatever their faction would be in order to quest. as outer town guards wouldnt recognise them. only city guards are trained enough!

the biggest challenge would be editing the bg maps for them. but how much more fun would AB be with a 3rd faction. or AV with a splinter faction coming from the cave system.. they could push on dun baldar whilst keeping the horde at bay, or push FW keep whilst stemming the alliance influx!

3rd faction pvp is something Ive dreamed of for ages. would be nice to see it happen. would help with SO many stalemates, as human logic would mean, if one team is dominant, temporary truce to wipe them out. creating all kinds of chaos.

Deleted
    The secondary races could get detached from their factions. All races except Humans and Orcs could be able to choose their faction. In exchange, any Human and Orc player could get double the honor points for an opposite faction kill than all other races get.

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post

3rd faction. comprised of splinters from each of the current and maybe led by a new race.. I dont have any reason other then, competing with ESO :P

not alot would need changing. they could 'assume the guise' of whatever their faction would be in order to quest. as outer town guards wouldnt recognise them. only city guards are trained enough!

the biggest challenge would be editing the bg maps for them. but how much more fun would AB be with a 3rd faction. or AV with a splinter faction coming from the cave system.. they could push on dun baldar whilst keeping the horde at bay, or push FW keep whilst stemming the alliance influx!

3rd faction pvp is something Ive dreamed of for ages. would be nice to see it happen. would help with SO many stalemates, as human logic would mean, if one team is dominant, temporary truce to wipe them out. creating all kinds of chaos.
    Super hard for me to imagine there being anybody thinking, 'is that it?!' to a 3rd faction being added to the game.

There is no next big thing. Its called carrot on a stick to keep ppl playing. They will come out and say the same they did with path of the Titans.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    There is no next big thing. Its called carrot on a stick to keep ppl playing. They will come out and say the same they did with path of the Titans.
    That would be the biggest prank ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post

Just, no....
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    As long as I can hunt down the major douchebags on my own faction in this manner I am all for it

I hope the next big thing is allowing you to kill members of your own faction, no duel required. Make it a once per day cool down so the you can go hunt down and kill the clown in a BG that is talking crap and getting on your nerves or the trade chat troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    The secondary races could get detached from their factions. All races except Humans and Orcs could be able to choose their faction. In exchange, any Human and Orc player could get double the honor points for an opposite faction kill than all other races get.
    This is all great fantasy, but this is something that is coming fairly soon. You are talking about completely redoing the reputations system, and have crazy affects on leveling. If they ever did anything with trading-factions or anything like that

1. It would require a huge amount of testing (ie a new expansion)
    2. It would definitely not fall into the ´meh, who cares´ category that GC said some people will be saying after it is announced.

Rememeber, this is a mid-expansion patch feature that will not impact at least a large portion of the players. In other words, it will be exactly what I said it will be. Players will be able to scale themselves down to old dungeons.
    Last edited by Azrile; 2013-02-05 at 07:01 PM.

Ok, I remember now long ago one of the devs were saying that nearer the end of mists, much like how near the end of cata they introduced transmog and looking for raid, that they will be introducing something new and big.

Now it might sound crazy, but what if blizzard decides, using both the looking for raid and real ID system, that they make the raiding and dungeon content accessible cross faction, as a kind of inline with story mechanic where the alliance and rebel horde fight against Garrosh's forces.

Cross-faction groups is just ONE of theories. Another one is subscription service for CUSTOM battlegrounds to be used in wargames. Yes, with the release of a map builder program. Since they are using procedural building in ALL of Pandaria landscapes, it's not far fetched that they would release to players.

The last one is mentoring, an idea in the baking since Cataclysm beta. In which players could downlevel their characters to participate on the leveling experience of their friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koraman View Post
    I hope the next big thing is allowing you to kill members of your own faction, no duel required. Make it a once per day cool down so the you can go hunt down and kill the clown in a BG that is talking crap and getting on your nerves or the trade chat troll.
    Could as well remove factions completely, as it seems most people's most hated enemies are inside their own faction nowadays anyway. If they allow that then it should be on separate servers only, FFA-PVP servers.

10+ Year Old Account

Or perhaps leading into the next expansion... we can choose our own faction. Much like Pandaren got to choose either Horde or Alliance. But maybe all new factions similar to Aldor and Scryers from BC, except much more interaction between Alliance and Horde that make that decision. Does that make sense.

In other words previous factions go out the window (when in the new zone/continent) and whatever choice you made is who you play and interact with.