Page 12 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    so with our mastery buffing armor, would an old school trinket such as Bedrock Talisman be any good? like 1285 armor + 40% mastery bones

call me old fasioned, but i remember the days whne we used pvp items becase they had higher armor
    Last edited by Elunedra; 2013-02-05 at 07:21 PM.
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    so with our mastery buffing armor, would an old school trinket such as Bedrock Talisman be any good? like 1285 armor + 40% mastery bones

call me old fasioned, but i remember the days whne we used pvp items becase they had higher armor
    No.

:P 10char

Hi.

I have a question regarding stat weights. I have checked a few bears from top guilds, and they are going insane with crit and expertise. Almost completely "ignoring" stam and agility on gemming and enchanting. Is that something I should be considering as well? I feel kinda low with my 550k by comparison to our warrior and paly tanks who are comfortably sitting on 650+k each.
    Thanks.

Is that something I should be considering as well? I feel kinda low with my 550k by comparison to our warrior and paly tanks who are comfortably sitting on 650+k each. Thanks.
    Never, ever, go out of your way to gem Agility. The only reason a gem would have Agility on it is if you want the Crit Damage meta or your 500 Agi gem.

As for Stamina that's more of a personal choice. You don't "need" it per se for most things since the amount of Stamina you get from gear is usually enough. However gems and enchants should be the last thing you switch since simply using a Stamina Trinket or Flask is much, much easier to do.

But if you (or more importantly your healers) think you need more Stamina even after that, feel free to regem/enchant.

15+ Year Old Account
    i gues if we maximise ourself on rage generation, we might be albe to keep up SD and empowered maul's

still i prefer armor > all
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Aswadd View Post
    I feel kinda low with my 550k by comparison to our warrior and paly tanks who are comfortably sitting on 650+k each.
    Thanks.
    I have noticed this; I am on a similar value compared to my fellow warrior on ~650k and DK on ~700k health. I don't see it as a problem, and our healers have said I'm no more or less difficult to heal than the plate wearers. I get the impression that druids can survive just as well with less health than the other tanks, and I wouldn't worry about that too much. Unless, as Arielle says, your healers tell you otherwise.

Deleted
    Are we the only tanking class that the 6% crit reduction from doesn't apply to when we switch bearform? I heard from a couple of monks that they have the same issue? I know it's gonna get fixed in 5.2.

My health also is 500k raidbuffed without HotW, using dps trinkets and the crit build. I frequently ask my healers to tell me if I'm more or less difficult to heal than the other tanks and they never complain. I guess it also comes down to how you use your CDs and active mitigation on every fight and the different "phases" (high/low).

I put my char through Mr Robot and never agree with what it tells me to do, even for their RPS build. I understand that it's wiser to go for stam trinkets and more stam gems&enchants for heroic raids, but do you think there is a fight on normal mode where you say: "Hm, I think I should go for the RPS build on Mr Robot or just full avoidance (mastery/dodge/stam)"?

This is me.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Lufia/advanced

but do you think there is a fight on normal mode where you say:
    There are 0 normal modes where going full RPS (Hit/Exp/Crit/Haste) is not a good idea.

Stamina isn't something you should consider adding unless your healers want you to. I briefly considered it for H-Windlord, until I realized my deaths were due to people not dispelling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Canaslan View Post
    Are we the only tanking class that the 6% crit reduction from doesn't apply to when we switch bearform? I heard from a couple of monks that they have the same issue? I know it's gonna get fixed in 5.2.
    Pretty sure every part of Thick Hide except the armor increase works in all forms. Afaik it's monks and dks that have to be in the right stance/presence. Why does it matter anyway?

Edit:
    On the stamina discussion, during progress I mostly used stamina meta/enchants in the slots where you chose between that or agi.
    I've gone full dps luls mode now during farm but Sha HC till scares me so I switch my lw bracer/leg enchant for that. Think I sit at around 600k.
    Last edited by mmoc7fbe35588b; 2013-02-12 at 04:56 PM.

Deleted
    what about the new changes to our mastery is it gonna make us choose it more or not

Mastery: Nature's Guardian now provides 20% more armor per Mastery rating.

Quote Originally Posted by ringstrom View Post
    what about the new changes to our mastery is it gonna make us choose it more or not

Mastery: Nature's Guardian now provides 20% more armor per Mastery rating.
    It's not bad or anything, it's just getting more Rage generation and properly using that Rage will give you better results. Plus the whole problem of Mastery not being particularly useful on every fight.

If I had my way I'd have 2 sets of gear. One for pure RPS and one for for pure survival. Unfortunately that takes a long goddamn time to put together.

Deleted
    Has anyone tested the PTR set bonuses?

Are they useful or just pick them up when no one else needs the set piece?

Quote Originally Posted by Wasboz View Post
    Has anyone tested the PTR set bonuses?

Are they useful or just pick them up when no one else needs the set piece?
    "Usefulness" depends entirely on the encounter. On paper the 2pc sounds cool, but whether or not the encounter design will allow us to use it isn't quite clear.

4pc is definitely good.

I have another question regarding crit.
    Is there a certain threshold for crit that, when reached, becomes less useful and we should start thinking about stacking other stats (e.g. Mastery)? I ask this because I am currently on ~47% crit and I remember reading somewhere that anything above 50% crit is "wasted". I may have misunderstood.

15+ Year Old Account
    crit looses its values above 75% however, for us bear there will ofcoruse be a point where you do have enough crit, if you get enough rage per second
    i dont know the exact numbers tho
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

crit looses its values above 75% however, for us bear there will ofcoruse be a point where you do have enough crit, if you get enough rage per second
    i dont know the exact numbers tho
    79%.

10char

Deleted
    so what about the new meta gems i am already using the dps one.

the new Capacitive Primal Diamond is good crit but the proc does not scale for tanks so are we force to use the stamina 1

the new Capacitive Primal Diamond is good crit but the proc does not scale for tanks
    Yeah it does.

15+ Year Old Account
    so tonite we killed hc elgelon, and i now got both Stuff of Nightmares and Vial of Dragon's Blood
    but why does stuff of nightmares with a lower item level have double the amount of dodge? i mean is one trinket over/under item budget? as the duration of the proc are the same
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

so tonite we killed hc elgelon, and i now got both Stuff of Nightmares and Vial of Dragon's Blood
    but why does stuff of nightmares with a lower item level have double the amount of dodge? i mean is one trinket over/under item budget? as the duration of the proc are the same
    I'm fairly sure that the intended ICD of the trinkets are 45 sec for Vial and 105 for nightmares (as those are the icds of each of the other trinkets that drop from the same boss/instance), but (second hand) testing shows that the nightmare icd is actually around 50-55 seconds which would make it simply better.

Of course, that's a relative term since neither trinket is desirable for a guardian.