Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Sha of Fear 10er Heroic

Hi, we tried this boss today and it felt like a wall.

Tanks: pala/warri
    Heal: druid/shamy
    DD: arcane, affli, moonkin, shadow +2 of (dk, enhancer, hunter, arcane) Our ilvl is ~501

We only had one try were we managed to kill the add before the next group got the omnious cackle. First of all who should collect the spheres? Only the tank?healer? Should we safe our cooldowns for the add? Furthermore should we kill the small adds?

I would be very thankful for any help.

Deleted
    We have our tank focusing on soaking the balls. Ranged will take balls either close to the start of the pattern and on their way to the safezones. Otherwise we just focus on popping our hardest cooldowns/pots etc for when we get to the platform, since you just wanna get to phase 2 asap to get that 15% haste.

We dont kill the small adds, it's way too time consuming and they're fairly easy to dodge

Save cooldowns for the adds on the Platforms, boss doesn't need it at all. Have tanks soak the orbs. Get an addon like ShaOfFearAssist to do the dance on the platforms properly; people shouldn't be hit by it and this simplifies it beyond belief.

For first attempts if you're struggling with killing the adds on the platforms, if you have other raiders available who are classes with high burst it may be worth bringing them in for the early attempts so you can push to Phase 2 and get the 15% Haste buff for Phase 1, making it a lot easier. Use pots if need be too.

Don't kill small adds, avoidable.

Deleted
    How should we config ShaOfFearAssist?

Just install it and run the addon. Doesn't need any extra configuration outside of resizing/positioning on your screen where you want it.

It shows you where the safe zones to be are on each platform in relation to your character ^^

If you are going to use the ShaOfFearAssist make sure to notice the differences on each platform. Predicting movement is key on this fight, especially for maximising DPS.

And yes, using an extra tank might be smart on 10man as you will struggle to make it back in time w/o the 15% haste buff form Lei'Shis hope

Quote Originally Posted by Claynoe View Post
    If you are going to use the ShaOfFearAssist make sure to notice the differences on each platform. Predicting movement is key on this fight, especially for maximising DPS.

And yes, using an extra tank might be smart on 10man as you will struggle to make it back in time w/o the 15% haste buff form Lei'Shis hope
    I'm not sure how 3 tanks would help on 10 man, since if the group is slow on the platform (aka add is still alive when cackle goes off) everyone on sha's platform will be transported and he'll reaching attack you to death. You've got to stay ahead of the cackles on 10 man.

Quote Originally Posted by esoterickk View Post
    Just install it and run the addon. Doesn't need any extra configuration outside of resizing/positioning on your screen where you want it.

It shows you where the safe zones to be are on each platform in relation to your character ^^
    Changing it to globe pickup-default helps ALOT, though, and turning full-color off makes it less messy. That way, you get 3 green slices of pie vs one, you get a red slice (next hit), and a yellow slice (hit after next hit), and a blue slice if youre not standing on one of the 3 green. Makes it simple beyound belief. Using the "fabric" config, I recall having to run through the mob while it was shooting to get from one green to another green slice (because it only showed 2). Using the other, it turned out that all you had to do was strafe in front of the spray untill it stopped. Never died or gotten hit since. It's just so much easier :s.

I got Sha HC 2 days ago (and I was tanking). P1 is really quite simple. 2 tanks, 2 healers, 6 dps. Abuse fear ward by keeping it on the tanks on cd. You should only get 2.5 cackles. You should ignore the small adds on the main platform. As for the smaller platforms with the larger adds, dps + healers should stack and avoid the dreadyspray. The tank should be getting 90% of the orbs, and can safely ignore the dreadspray. Moreover, the tank should stay out during death blossom.

As a rough estimate: first cackle boss was at about 81%, 2nd cackle 71%, and 3rd cackle was phased within about 15 seconds. This is with bloodlust on the pull, and I think cd's on the smaller platforms.
    Last edited by Themessiah; 2013-02-05 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Themessiah View Post
    I got Sha HC 2 days ago (and I was tanking). P1 is really quite simple. 2 tanks, 2 healers, 6 dps. Abuse fear ward by keeping it on the tanks on cd. You should only get 2.5 cackles. You should ignore the small adds on the main platform. As for the smaller platforms with the larger adds, dps + healers should stack and avoid the dreadyspray. The tank should be getting 90% of the orbs, and can safely ignore the dreadspray. Moreover, the tank should stay out during death blossom.

As a rough estimate: first cackle boss was at about 81%, 2nd cackle 71%, and 3rd cackle was phased within about 15 seconds. This is with bloodlust on the pull, and I think cd's on the smaller platforms.
    What exactly does fear ward do that benefits the tanks ? Just to stop them from getting disoriented on the platforms? Might aswell dispell that, but ye.

Quote Originally Posted by Claynoe View Post
    Can't cheese it like that on 10m.

I feel kinda bad for 25m. Being able to cheese all the mechanics would make this fight boring as hell. I've seen people bring up to 4 tanks so they can be slow as hell on the panda platforms and it doesn't matter at all. They just heal through huddles too.

Deleted
    Your guild seem to be having the exact same problem as my guild did, obviously as others have pointed out, you need to minimize damage taken and maximize damage done on the panda platforms.
    My biggest tips are.

1.Kill adds on the main platform to not allow for stupid deaths to penetration bolts when you are trying to the 15% buff, and as long as you are always on time for the cackles the boss will go down to 67% even if it takes 15 minutes.
    2. Of course everybody must either know the pattern for dread spray on the pandas or use the addon, not getting hit at all is the best way to do it because it allows your healer to deal more damage, getting feared is a no-no unless u are a tank running for orbs and of course no orbs can go through at any point.
    3. Every single one in your raid group MUST glyph and spec properly for the pandas, getting the haste buff is all about maximizing the pandas and when you have the haste buff you can go back to your specs for phase 2 since the buff trivializes the whole phase 1 and i do recommend not killing any adds on the normal platform when you have the haste buff to get more tries on the boss, killing the adds really decreases the speed you get to phase 2 with a lot of time.
    4. This tip i do not recommend to use before you are sure the other 3 are put in place, but if you need something extra on the pandas to get to phase 2, utilize the death blossom to dps by using really strong personal cds together with healing cds and stacking up, for example a disc priest can spirit shell and barrier it, the tank obv must pop some cd, resto druid tranq, Hpally can BoP players without any strong personal cds. If you dont have any personal cd or anything you can atleast dps and take 1 or 2 ticks of it then LoS it and then move in and take 1 or 2 ticks more depending if u got heals while LoS or not.
    5. Last but not least if u have access to more than 10 players which most guilds have, you can measure who does most damage on the pandas and then bring your strongest team to get to phase 2 and then u can change the setup when you have the buff. I cant stress enough how important getting the buff quick is for this buff and you need to do everything in your power to get it, because phase 2 is the real test.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    They just heal through huddles too.
    That's not cheesing, it's intended fight design. You go and throw five times at sets of 7 and see what happens. Also, because we would have to throw 5 times, the adds stay out far longer than on 10, which would make the AoE check absolutely brutal. 10 man is tuned for breaking huddles, 25 is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Themessiah View Post
    81% AT first cackle cast on 10man? Not a chance lol.
    If you ment when you get back on the platform, fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    That's not cheesing, it's intended fight design. You go and throw five times at sets of 7 and see what happens. Also, because we would have to throw 5 times, the adds stay out far longer than on 10, which would make the AoE check absolutely brutal. 10 man is tuned for breaking huddles, 25 is not.

Most 10mans dont throw the ball 3x at sets of 7, and wether or not the encounter is designed the way you claim it is on 25 is an assumption and nothing more, but there is no denying that it obviously makes the encounter less complicated and just a NR check.
    Last edited by Nuckels; 2013-02-06 at 12:46 AM.

Deleted
    So we managed the plattforms more or less, but now people are killed by the adds. Should we try to kill the small adds until 80 or 75% to avoid the stupid fails with movement?

Quote Originally Posted by Gandoga View Post
    So we managed the plattforms more or less, but now people are killed by the adds. Should we try to kill the small adds until 80 or 75% to avoid the stupid fails with movement?
    No. People should move.

People need to learn to dodge better. Killing small adds is a complete waste. Make sure people aren't clustered together when on the Sha platform, obviously the more people in a general area is going to make that place covered in bolts.

If it's melee having issues make them be better aware of each others positions. When they move in front for the fear try and prevent range from being in the melee range of Sha (anywhere in within that golden circle on the ground could ideally be clear aside from the tank). Make sure the tank is as close to the boss as possible. This is so melee are able to DPS easier while infront without the section being completely covered in bolts.

Overall just simple things that can make it easier, but never resort to killing the adds - they're very easily avoidable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by esoterickk View Post
    People need to learn to dodge better. Killing small adds is a complete waste. Make sure people aren't clustered together when on the Sha platform, obviously the more people in a general area is going to make that place covered in bolts.

If it's melee having issues make them be better aware of each others positions. When they move in front for the fear try and prevent range from being in the melee range of Sha (anywhere in within that golden circle on the ground could ideally be clear aside from the tank). Make sure the tank is as close to the boss as possible. This is so melee are able to DPS easier while infront without the section being completely covered in bolts.

Overall just simple things that can make it easier, but never resort to killing the adds - they're very easily avoidable.
    Does this apply after you've gotten the buff or for the first attempt(s) of the evening aswell when trying to get the buff? (We started working on him last night and will prolly do nothing but sha for the next two week only to fall short of killing it while this tier is current, kkthx blizzard )

Quote Originally Posted by Odeanathus View Post
    Does this apply after you've gotten the buff or for the first attempt(s) of the evening aswell when trying to get the buff? (We started working on him last night and will prolly do nothing but sha for the next two week only to fall short of killing it while this tier is current, kkthx blizzard )
    It applies forever.

Deleted
    Okay, had our first 2,5h on Sha yesterday. Our very first attempt was the best one, where the first group got back from the plattform in time (while we used all CDs on pull), all other tries where pretty bad, since we had to make adjustments to the ShaAssist settings and get used to it. Am I mistaken, or is the haste buff supposed to last for the whole lockout (what if you prolong it the next week?), or up to a soft reset of the instance?

Currently we arent really sure if we want to use a different setup to get to P2 the first time. Killing Terror Spawns is often mentioned in guides or in threads like this, but I've yet to see a progressing guild on Sha HC to use this tactic (probably not all of them fraps P1 wipes, lol). Well, while I topped DPS on most of the pulls along with our fire mage and affli lock, the shadow, balance druid and retri seemed far behind.