Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tall and my looks are of no concern, if I look nice to others then that's great. I would not trade intelligence for something I probably already have.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind sacrificing some intelligence for better looks. My intelligence has just bred dissatisfaction and I can only count on one hand how many times it's really made my life any better. I wouldn't mind ditching my philosophical aversion to life just to enjoy things for once. This world is boring.

Ignorance is bliss, so... maybe.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    I would not.

Beauty fades, and the people I care about are fine with how I look.

implying you're intelligent

this thread reeks of beta

User received infraction.
    Last edited by Badpaladin; 2013-02-05 at 06:01 PM.
    this game sucks

Deleted
    I'm already tall, so no thanks. And I need my intelligence more than I need more beauty. I'd rather try to be the smartest guy in the room than the prettiest.
    Last edited by mmoc43ae88f2b9; 2013-02-05 at 10:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, I wouldn't make that trade. I'm shorter than average and not particularily handsome so it does make for a relatively interesting question.

Deleted
    Oh god, no.
    Intelligence is so much more important than beauty.

I wouldnt say my looks cause me any issues with females, and I quite value my intelligence (on the rare occasions it shows up!) I mostly talk to people online, so I prefer being able to be witty and keep them interested, it's given me some good things over the years so I guess I'll stay the same.

Deleted
    I'm 5''7, pretty average looking I'd say but my intelligence/wit is where I excel.

Looks fade but dumb is forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    I wouldn't mind sacrificing some intelligence for better looks. My intelligence has just bred dissatisfaction and I can only count on one hand how many times it's really made my life any better. I wouldn't mind ditching my philosophical aversion to life just to enjoy things for once. This world is boring.
    Why aversion to life? life is beautiful and full of wonder and full of interesting things.
    Just wanting to know how things work is enough to drive me through most crap, when i had my appendix removed ... at 11? i requested to be kept awake so i could watch it, when i cut my hand on a glass door i had to stitch it myself (didnt do the best job although it worked was commended by the nurse, but it was restitched at the hospital, i was 14 so not that pro at all ) and was really interesting. Just the idea of how our body works, how complex it is, how resilient and at the same time how fragile is fascinating, then you have so much to know, learn, understand of outside of the body, if anything i think our lives are waaaay too short.

Pain can be controlled, anger can be controlled, all negative emotions can be controlled, why would someone smart as you hate life is beyond me, maybe focusing too much on the negative aspects?

Well, according to an IQ test I was given in 7th grade, I have an IQ of 140. I'd definitely take 15 points off that, put 7 into height and 8 into looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockon Stratos View Post
    Well, according to an IQ test I was given in 7th grade, I have an IQ of 140. I'd definitely take 15 points off that, put 7 into height and 8 into looks.
    Always thought those tests are so full of shit anyway.
    You cant precisely quantify intelligence, much less with tests like those.
    I did some in highschool and mid school and results varied a bit but honestly i always thought they were full of crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't. Some might, but that's their decision and it's of no business to anyone else.
    Strive for change and seek out what makes you feel good if beauty is what you seek.
    Be open to discussion, ask and observe to those who seek knowledge.
    Beauty can be disliked but should not be hated upon in groups or with threats, neither should knowledge.
    We're human. All of us. You may be trying to live your own life, but everyone else is trying to do the same thing.
    Last edited by Etherius; 2013-02-07 at 02:49 AM.

Deleted
    I'm already a 6'4" sexy beast with brains. Rawr!

Seriously though. No, I would never trade my intelligence for beauty and definitly not height. I'd bumb my head into every single thing if I were any taller.

Deleted
    Love it how everybody considers themselves to be intelligent.

Deleted
    no you dummy! if you are intelligent you can convince the chicks that you are handsome and sexy and succesfull and that they want you!

Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    Dunning-Kruger effect in action. However, I wouldn't doubt that there are some among us who are really intelligent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    I don't, I know I'm not after tests.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Dunning-Kruger effect in action. However, I wouldn't doubt that there are some among us who are really intelligent.
    A gaming community would likely have more social outcasts or recluses who then turned into academia, so if the amount of fairly intelligent people is above average wouldnt be that surprising tbh.

Not to mention that the average person is fairly intelligent, problem comes when most people have little interest in academia which can lead to them appearing rather dumb, but i dont believe it to be the case.
    Truly stupid people arent that common.