Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[NEWS] Pepsi uses aborted fetal matter in food testing

Yeah.... this is true. I had to read the headline a few times and look up other sources to verify this, but it is true.

https://familycouncil.org/?p=4636

<Insert dead baby joke here>?
    A troll is a troll and a roll is a roll, and if we feed them trolls then we don't eat no rolls.

1. No, HEK-293 cells aren't fetuses, it's a cell line, and they're used for all sorts of protein expression systems.

2. No, they're not in Pepsi.

3. No, this isn't news.

10+ Year Old Account
    i was drinking a glass of Pepsi.. I think.. I'm gonna throw up
    \m/(-_-)\m/

I'm alone again and old pine tree
    Asked me, where's your woman?
    I said: Shut up or I make of you another Firewood

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewster925 View Post
    Yeah.... this is true. I had to read the headline a few times and look up other sources to verify this, but it is true.

https://familycouncil.org/?p=4636

<Insert dead baby joke here>?
    how to make a hyperbolic and totally false claim...do you by anychance work for the daily mail?

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well last I heard, babies taste like chicken.

In any case, I prefer Coke over Pepsi anyway.

If this were true, Pepsi would taste way better than Coke.

So you looked up other sources to verify this information, and instead of posting those other sources you decided to post a more than likely untrustworthy source. Are we supposed to take it on faith that the other sources exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if it was in pepsi, still tastes lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by Scot View Post
    If this were true, Pepsi would taste way better than Coke.
    i think they typo-ed, its supposed to be "fecal matter".

oh well still good still on shelves gonna keep drinking

Pro-life organizations believe it is within their ethical code to lie and spread hoaxes to further their goals. You should be skeptical of anything coming off a website named "family council".
    Last edited by Gwiez; 2013-02-05 at 11:18 PM.

Why is it that every organization with the word 'family' in their name is always batshit crazy?

LOL, third paragraph:

Now, as near as we can tell, no one is accusing Pepsi of putting fetal remains in their food products...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    1. No, HEK-293 cells aren't fetuses, it's a cell line, and they're used for all sorts of protein expression systems.

3. No, this isn't news.
    1) Yes, I know HEK cells are not fetuses but it is derived from human embryos or fetuses. That's why I said "fetal matter" and not fetuses themselves.
    2) They were accused of using it in flavor enhancers found in Pepsi, there has been denial of course...
    3) Yes, this is news.

Quote Originally Posted by Xihuitl View Post
    how to make a hyperbolic and totally false claim...do you by anychance work for the daily mail?
    No, I do not work for the daily mail. Here's a link to an article on the same issue from a more credible source, The Washington Times: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...pepsi-boycott/

Now I'm not pro-life, but just saw this and thought I'd share.
    A troll is a troll and a roll is a roll, and if we feed them trolls then we don't eat no rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post

3. No, this isn't news.
    Echoing this.

#1 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HEK_cell - clearly states that HEK cells are grown in culture.

#2 Of course they're not in Pepsi.

#3 Nope, it's not news - the family research council is a conservative anti-science propaganda think-tank.

@ OP - You didn't track down ANY sources if you didn't even check wiki for info on HEK.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    i think they typo-ed, its supposed to be "fecal matter".
    how could fecal matter be aborted?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    holding it in while running to a bathroom? :S

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    well thats kind of what you're supposed to do with it.
    (ps, its a joke)

Linking to a "source" thats known to be a crazy pro-life organization that see everything in black and white, and ignore real facts and womans feelings about an abortion they decide to have for reasons like: They are too young, they were raped, the baby is horribly misformed etc etc etc.

Very nice.

Abortion should be a womans choice, and should be legal as long as its not used as birth control (like condoms etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Jewster925 View Post
    1) Yes, I know HEK cells are not fetuses but it is derived from human embryos or fetuses. That's why I said "fetal matter" and not fetuses themselves.
    2) They were accused of using it in flavor enhancers found in Pepsi, there has been denial of course...
    3) Yes, this is news.
    1. That's nonsensical essentialism. The HEK-293 cell line is older than almost every poster here.
    2. No, they weren't. The accusations (which are unevidenced) are of contamination, not that HEK-293 cells are delicious.
    3. Well, no, unless you think something from months ago is news.